PDA

View Full Version : What type of Music when High?

The9rideNblack
10-01-2004, 04:20 PM
My personal favorite is almost any Pink Floyd or maybe Dazed and Confused by Zepplin.

BOgart.bitch
10-01-2004, 05:11 PM
pink floyd 110% of the way.. but if im lighter and gigglier high then early 90s.

Cas420
10-02-2004, 11:09 PM
I love listening to Pantera, Down(get their stuff if you haven't heard them), dream theater.

High phy
10-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Afroman ( a must for every stoner :D)
Aphex Twin
Antonio Carlos Jobim
Air
Board Of Canada
Blur
Black Sabbath
Bright Eyes
Daft Punk
Deep Dish
Dimitri From Paris
Dj Shadow
Doors
Everything but the girl
Fantastic Plastic Trees
JImmy Hendrix
LadyTron
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Plastilina Mosh
Portishead
Prodigy
Sneaker Pimps
Square pusher
Steve Ray Vaughan
the residents
tricky
Yes
:D
Have phun

The C
10-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Pink floyd ~ Comfortably Numb!

Fav high chill song!

zarathustra
10-03-2004, 04:56 AM
Arturo Sandoval
Thelonius Monk

Check it out, they're downright wicked when high.

Darkneon420
10-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Icp and afi sometimes no doubt when chilling with a friend. Yeah dont laugh at me!

Day Dreamin Faze
10-04-2004, 01:19 AM
trance,kottonmouth kings,bone thugs,pink floid,bob marley,bestie boys

bigdaddy420
10-04-2004, 01:49 AM
any classic rock, afroman, well I'll listen to almost anything really.

Sedater18
10-04-2004, 02:06 AM
blind melon- no rain

GreyAnt
10-04-2004, 02:58 AM
the people that i smoke with tend to listen to the radio when we smoke, im usally at their house so im sol, its usally rap or country (im not fond of rap and i down right hate country), but when i get home im all about sabbath, floyd, sublime, and any mello ska

UserName AlphaNiner
10-04-2004, 03:38 AM
I listen to all kinds of shit.

Chemical Brothers (any techno/trace brings a trippy vibe to the room)
Crystal Method
Aphex Twin
Fatboy Slim
DJ Tiesto
Primal Scream

Blur (Just trippy bands to listen to...great talent and chill songs to just chill to :P)
Gorillaz
Fugazi
Cake
OPM
Tool
APC

Rancid (Upbeat music...always fucking cool to listen to)
Against Me!
At the Drive-In
The Clash
Bear vs. Shark

Bone Thugs (Rap....the best of the genre, as far as I'm concerned)
BLESTeNATION
The Roots
OutKast
RZA
Wu-Tang, in general

Radiohead (Usually make sure this type of music is playing when I'm smoking with some girlies...I like listening to it all, though. :P)
Postal Service
Death Cab
Sonic Youth
Pixies
The Cure
The Beatles

Sublime (Stoner classics)
Slightly Stoopid

I can't leave out O.A.R....more of a get drunk and chill kind of music, though.

OutOfReality
10-04-2004, 02:46 PM
i've listened to infected mushroom, mc chris, anything with alot of bass, and ive tried listening to that theme from Requiem for a Dream..was pretty cool

Sam
10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Pink Floyd (the best of the lot), Led Zep, Air, Jean Michel Jarre (definately worth a listen if uv never heard it before), Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, Orbital (very cool), Royksopp, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Primal Scream, Beach Boys, Blur, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Amorphous Androgynous (trippy), Mike oldfield.

Does anyone know any other weird ambient/psychedelic stuff-kinda like orbital/Jean Michel Jarre/Aphex Twin?

OutOfReality
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
ICP is always good too and so is Pink Floyd.

Bauman
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm not too fond of the oldies, I guess that's just not my generation. When I'm stoned I listen to the music I listen to sober, Screamo.

Bands include:
Alexisonfire
Billy Talent
Finch
Funeral for a Friend
My Chemical Romance
Thursday
The Used

One of the best bands to listen to live, and stoned... The Salads.
They are high energy and just great, not hardcore, just awesome.
Check out their site, I'm pretty sure you can sample some of their songs there.
Plus, on their site they have the E-spliff... a stoner band for sure.
www.thesalads.com

Bauman
10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Sorry for the double post... here's a description of what The Salads are:

"... rock and roll with ska and reggae for an appetizer with a generous helping of metal and punk rock for dessert."

Somehow they pulled it off, combining all those different genres into a singular sound that can only be described as The Salads. Any stoner should check them out.

UserName AlphaNiner
10-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I like it.

Morrison
10-05-2004, 06:21 PM
The doors of course!

The kinks
Nick cave
kyuss
pink floyd

and many more

WeedUPmonk
10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
pearl jam, guns n roses, nirvana....

grflded2002
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
grateful dead bob marley string cheese incident yonder mountain string band and all kinds of other good shit like saul williams sage francis eyedea and abilities atmosphere

Imotep
10-12-2004, 12:12 PM
frank zappafrank zappfrank zappaafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappa frank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappfrank zappaafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappa frank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappfrank zappaafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappa frank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappfrank zappaafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappa frank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappafrank zappa frank zappafrank zappafrank zappa

barp barp barp barp booop booop wah wah wah warrrrrrrrrrrrr
woo wooo wooop

eat shit and die motherfuckers

watchinthewheels
10-12-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm not too fond of the oldies, I guess that's just not my generation. When I'm stoned I listen to the music I listen to sober, Screamo.

Bands include:
Alexisonfire
Billy Talent
Finch
Funeral for a Friend
My Chemical Romance
Thursday
The Used

One of the best bands to listen to live, and stoned... The Salads.
They are high energy and just great, not hardcore, just awesome.
Check out their site, I'm pretty sure you can sample some of their songs there.
Plus, on their site they have the E-spliff... a stoner band for sure.
www.thesalads.com

those are some GREAT bands especialy thursday, paris in flames is the greatest song ever.

*goes off to get high and listen to thursday*

have you heared of a band called kinesis? you would like them they are like teh bands you have mentiones www.kinesis-official.co.uk

OutOfReality
10-12-2004, 11:07 PM
i'm listening to infected mushroom and twiztid right now.. wow im sooo stoned jsut smoked a bowl in my garage

MR. NICEGUY
10-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Man i smoked some sticky icky, ate an 8th of boomers and saw phish and i probally never seen a more incredible band on stage, i wasnt even ever a big fan of phish just really trippy music. all types of Indie screamo or oldies is good u can pretty much listen to anything when stoned except country it always seems like a buzzkill to me for some reason

rizla terrorist
10-13-2004, 06:06 PM
when youre high you must lisent to house,progressive,deep,reggae-dub
dj-z
deep dish
laurent garnier
richard dorfmeister A.K.A richie-d
paul oakenfold
danny howells
make
faithless
terry francis

an ofcorze ambiental music like :
explora
sounscapes
virtualmind
deep state of mind

deep dub - noiseshaper,overproof soun sistem,g-corp

FOR YOURE EARZ ONLY ------------- CHEK DA SHIT UP !!

OutOfReality
10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
try out Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes it just made me feel better lol

ChicoEscuela
10-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Reggae roots. reggae roots. reggae roots.

and more reggae roots.

http://www.urbanimage.tv/thumbnails/xy_0959.jpg

shadowfox
10-26-2004, 04:39 AM
I guess it just depends on what your mood is. If I feel like it, I'll blast techno, house, rap, reggae, anything.

If I wanna just lay back, I'll play chill-out music, which is a specific genre. I recommend Sub Zero: The ultimate Chill out collection to get into the genre. It's awesome stuff.

Actually, I usually can't decide what to listen to, so I'll just pop anything in. It's surprising, anything I put in is always great and trips me out anyway. I guess I'm just not picky when I'm high.

Killa Milla
01-07-2006, 03:57 AM
Reggae

I like Burning Spear, Marley, and my boy Jacob Miller.

pabloescobar209
01-07-2006, 05:05 AM
Listening to music you haven't heard in a while

J THE SMOKE MASTER
01-10-2006, 12:36 AM
I've been listening to James Zabiela's mixes while stoned lately. Really funky shit. I definantly recommend this cat for anyone who is into electronic music.

Make it Hempen
01-10-2006, 12:43 AM
The Virgin Suicides Sountrack by Air.

Whoooaaaa.

and sublime for any other time.

Love- Kate

KeanBean
01-10-2006, 12:50 AM
dl we shine by eminem and mc rukus. also the titanic remix

Cas
01-10-2006, 01:37 AM
i listen to metal all the time.

bluntman3000
01-10-2006, 02:53 AM
neil young.....and a whole bunch of other cool shit

RedRainDrop
01-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Pink floyd ~ Comfortably Numb!

Fav high chill song!

Best song to listen to, while DXMing, or Shrooming.

Its a Plant
01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I mostly listen to chilled out music, can be anything from acoustic bradley nowell from sublime to floyd to ben harper to rusted root. I really like it all.

Then there are times I get in a rap mood, then it's all Three 6, Frayser Boy, Project Pat, and Big Boi.

Synthesizer Man
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Pink Floyd (the best of the lot), Led Zep, Air, Jean Michel Jarre (definately worth a listen if uv never heard it before), Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, Orbital (very cool), Royksopp, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Primal Scream, Beach Boys, Blur, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Amorphous Androgynous (trippy), Mike oldfield.

Does anyone know any other weird ambient/psychedelic stuff-kinda like orbital/Jean Michel Jarre/Aphex Twin?

Definitely check out Kraftwerk's Computer World album.

Sort of stuff I like when high and sober:
Gary Numan (his 1979 albums, Replicas, The Pleasure Principle)
Kraftwerk (Anything from Autobahn to Electric Cafe)
Depeche Mode (The really early stuff produced by Vince Clarke)
Pet Shop Boys (Their lyrics always have me confused when stoned)
New Order (7" version of Temptation is pure insanity to listen to after a few joints)

Can't be fucked to list any more, but there were loads of bands like that in the early 80's which I like.

Das Boot
01-11-2006, 11:45 PM
THE VENTURES. Instrumental surf music. Bad fucking ass espically when high. play that ventures and watch t.v. on mute. Fucking trippy.

Hempire018
01-13-2006, 08:31 PM
You need to listen to the song Sic transit gloria glory fades by Brand new when you are really high. Just blast it with the bass up, it's insane.

fatweedsack
01-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Wheter im high or not the song Time by Pink Floyd makes me so happy i want to cry sometimes. when im sober i just think of how the song is when im high and i can feel the same effect

kiki
01-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Wheter im high or not the song Time by Pink Floyd makes me so happy i want to cry sometimes. when im sober i just think of how the song is when im high and i can feel the same effect

omg me too. any pink floyd when i'm high is awesome. when i listen to comfortably numb when i'm really high i have to close my eyes because it's like overstimulating if i have them open lol. i like most classic rock when i'm high, and reggae too. (i mean, stoners like that kind of music for a reason...)

Chaffinch88
01-15-2006, 11:12 AM

Bands include:
Alexisonfire
Billy Talent
Finch
Funeral for a Friend
My Chemical Romance
Thursday
The Used

Amen to that. Saosin and emery for me. Pearl Jam are also great to get stoned to.