PDA

View Full Version : Is it 100% safe to post here?

iwantFUEGO
07-07-2006, 02:59 AM
just wondering how you all feel about this... particularly the ones who post pictures of their grow.
Dont you think this is a little risky?
Or is there nothing to worry about?

Whats stopping Cannabis.com from seeing the same fate as overgrow.com?
PEace:stoned:

bongerstonerd00d
07-07-2006, 03:09 AM
There are 2 things in life that are 100% certain:

1. You will die.
2. You must pay your taxes.

As for the rest of it all, I do not know. If you are 'noid about someone tracing your IP why dont you do something about it ?

b0nger

orangeman
07-07-2006, 03:14 AM
If your worried about it just dont post your grow pics and only post about .5 grams of the shit you harvest. They cant bust you with only evidence of about .5 grams, they wouldnt even bother you for that little because if it were crooked cops they couldnt even make that much money them selves from it xD.

iwantFUEGO
07-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Do you think that these little "disclaimers" that everyone has (including me) will do anything in your favor if god forbid something did happen?
And do you really think they can bust you for some pictures you posted on the internet without actually finding physical evidence on your immediate person or in your living space?

graymatter
07-07-2006, 03:29 AM
Fuck 'em... take pictures of everyones grow, put them all together in photoshop, and pretend you're the King of Grow. Let them bust down your door and then sue them for having nothing better to do.... Peace!

iwantFUEGO
07-07-2006, 03:29 AM
For example: lets say after im done growing, i stop and i get rid of any kind of growing materials. Then if the servers get raided and they obtain all these threads with me posting my pictures, they will come investigate but they wont find shit. Can i still be charged?

Pothead4204life
07-07-2006, 03:58 AM
no they can't bust you...no physical evidence...

Cicatriz
07-07-2006, 06:17 AM
i feel some paranoia too but what everyone says on this board is right: dont tell, no smell, dont sell. hypothetically if feds or any form of government is monitoring right now i dont think thats there a point in busting many small growers but big time growers who move lots and lots of bud. right now i have grow equipment but i am not growing bud, all the stuff to have to grow is legal. cultivating is the part that fucks you over with authorities.

latewood
07-07-2006, 07:43 AM
overgrow was taken down for It's direct affiliation with a seedbank...I believe it was Heavens Stairway. peace

GunBarrel
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Ok, this may seem a daft question but how are the law enforcement community going to find you?
I know nothing about tracing people over the internet, so any explanations would be handy. Can it be done from a few posts and some photos?
If not, i guess they may recognise your carpet or curtains in some of the pics posted? :)

elcheapo
07-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Your internet IP address is usually logged/recorded every time you login or post something. If authorities get a hold of your IP address they can trace it to your internet provider. This internet provider will usually give your information out if the proper process has been followed.

Skillful 'hacking' could also allow someone to extract this information.

bongerstonerd00d
07-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Not all IP's are static. For example if you use AOL dial up <shudder>, they use dynamic IP's, as do most dial up providers. Even with DSL your IP isnt necessarily Static. I know with many providers you must pay extra $5 or so a month to gaurantee static IP. 97% of the people who use the 'net dont need static IP's.

Why not just use a proxy server ? They are cheap and you can look like you are signing on from Bum Phucked Egypt if you choose. Technology is there, just need to understand and use to your advantage.

b0nger

Garden Knowm
07-07-2006, 05:19 PM
one time when I was on the boards... I read something that latewood wrote... and it made me laugh so hard, that I fell out of my chair... and actually injured my head...

so, yes, these boards can contribute to unsafe situations...

since then, I only read the boards when I am sitting on the ground and also wearing a motorcycle helmet.

word to your mother

Jerrodg
07-08-2006, 03:57 AM
OK, I have a variation question. What if you are on a laptop receiving someone elses wireless signal. Can they figure it out and also find out what websites you have been going to?

OniEhtRedrum781
07-08-2006, 04:27 AM
Fuck 'em... take pictures of everyones grow, put them all together in photoshop, and pretend you're the King of Grow. Let them bust down your door and then sue them for having nothing better to do.... Peace!
I LIKE YOUR STYLE!

yabatab
07-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Read my sig.

GrowerXLT
07-08-2006, 07:22 AM
The answer is NO. It is not 100% safe to post here. Chances are nothing will happen, but only a fool is 100% sure of anything. Law enforcement does check these boards. We would all be very naive to think that they don't.

However there are some things you can do that will decreasee your chances of having problems.

1. Read this: http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Anonymity/blog-anonymously.php

2. Download Firefox and install
3. Download TOR and install
3. Download the Firefox extension "Tor Button"

You will now be able to turn on TOR which is a proxy server that "bounces" you through 3 different servers before getting to you destination.

As you might imagine it slows down web browsing alot. I hope this helps you.

GrowerXLT

latewood
07-08-2006, 08:04 AM
one time when I was on the boards... I read something that latewood wrote... and it made me laugh so hard, that I fell out of my chair... and actually injured my head...

so, yes, these boards can contribute to unsafe situations...

since then, I only read the boards when I am sitting on the ground and also wearing a motorcycle helmet.

word to your motherlatewood:) :upsidedow :)

Aaron385
07-08-2006, 10:40 PM
speaking of safe to post here.. i havent seen any new posts from GH in a while??

I sent him an e-mail and no reply either! :(

Garden Knowm
07-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi Aaron... Did you mean GK?

Sorry about the delay.. : (

I have been on the road. I sent you an e-mail this morning..

: )
iloveyou

latewood
07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I still want to know what i wrote, that made you bang your Head!

Aaron385
07-10-2006, 02:58 AM
ah ok.. yes gk.. thats what i meant :)

I still havent been upgraded to a cafe member and it seems like i sent my payment in a couple weeks ago :(

Super thanks!

IanCurtisWishlist
07-10-2006, 03:49 AM
i'm sure that nothing will happen if you post your grow on the internet. however, if you get raided, and then the law digs around on your computers and find pictures of your grow on cannabis.com, then this would most likely be used against you as evidence in court. but just posting pictures of your grow online; you're pretty much covered.

if you're that concerned over your IP addy , you can always use a spoofer. don't ask me how to use it; just google it. you can get a program called "ip anonomyzer" it's like 25 dollars i think, but it'll do the job..there are other ways in masking an ip addy though.

4x5
07-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Just look at how many forums are here at cannabis.com, and how many users there are, sure it's not 100% safe, just don't give anyone your name; phone; email. Again this site is a "creative outlet" for us, if this site wasn't here, I'd have no one to talk to about this kinda stuff except my female. You are much more likely to get busted by your neighbors or friends.

iwantFUEGO
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
i heard that when they raided OG.com's servers, they had a database of all the users grow rooms and ip addys to go with them.
i heard lots of growers got busted that way.

Mo. G
07-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Do you think that these little "disclaimers" that everyone has (including me) will do anything in your favor if god forbid something did happen?
And do you really think they can bust you for some pictures you posted on the internet without actually finding physical evidence on your immediate person or in your living space?
If they want you thell get you bo matter what type of disclaimer you post