PDA

View Full Version : true?

sc0usa
09-30-2004, 05:25 PM
is this right??(seeds direct.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi

ive been growing white widow for 2 weeks and they are about 8 inches high and just as bushy,i was reading on seeds direct about white widow,is this right?

"Vegetative Time: At least 2 to 4 weeks if on Bio. On Hydro it is only recommended to grow it for 2 weeks. Flowering Time: On both mediums it is suggested to flower (12 hour light) the White Widow for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lights off altogether - or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower...try it! "

does that mean i should change the light cycle to 12/12 now?

cheers guys ............happy growing

rnf232s
09-30-2004, 06:24 PM
You can keep the plants in the veg state as long as you want to. The longer you wait the bigger they get and the more potential for more buds you get. It is all a matter of personal preference depending on how big you want them to be.

sawleaf
09-30-2004, 07:51 PM
True, you can keep the plants in the veg state and let them get larger before you flower them, but you have to look at your current setup also. When put to flower, on average a plant can grow an additional 30-50%. Roughly double the size it is when you flower it. If you don't have the setup and lighting for a larger plant it is a good idea to change the light cycle to flowering 12/12 before it gets too big in the veg cycle. :)

sc0usa
09-30-2004, 09:15 PM
ok thanks people ill let em grow,they r 8" after 19 days from seed and bushy as f****.

cheers guys

mrnotsonice
09-30-2004, 09:46 PM
I just harvested my white widows...see indoor section. They were done in hydro under 400w hps. Veg for 3.5 weeks ( 18inches) in 24hr light then 12/12, flowering only took 7 weeks finished just over 3 ft tall..

MNSN

sc0usa
10-01-2004, 01:29 AM
nice plants!!!

do u think that they grow better if u take the top cover off the hydro and fill with clay pebbles instead?

mrnotsonice
10-01-2004, 04:54 PM
scousa...what do u mean by the top cover of the hydro??
I just preferred putting theclay pebbles in as it allows more fresh air circulation around the roots so that they're not always in moisture....plus it gives the roots something to hold on to.

thanks
MNSN

sc0usa
10-01-2004, 06:39 PM
i meant the lid of the hydro,im just using rockwool then got a lid over the top of them with a pump feeding the roots but your way sounds more sense.

mrnotsonice
10-03-2004, 01:30 AM
i get u.....yeah, mine has no lid...its just open to the indoor elements with the rockwool sitting in the clay pebbles. Allows the air to circulate more i think. Dont see any real major benefit of covering the hydro & rockwool with those white sheets.
I Can't complain with what its produced for me anyway..lol...been drying now for 5 days just about to go into the airtight jars.....its so ****ing tempting to try them now..but im holding out for the quality taste :D

MNSN

sc0usa
10-03-2004, 01:18 PM
nice 1

happy smoking................................enjoy :)