PDA

View Full Version : POW Wives Rip Kerry In New Ad

Torog
09-30-2004, 10:05 AM
POW wives rip Kerry in new ad (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040929-111531-2998r.htm)

By Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Published September 30, 2004

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth yesterday announced their largest ad buy to date, a television spot that chronicles the wives of two U.S. servicemen captured in Vietnam who say John Kerry gave "aid and comfort" to the enemy while their husbands were prisoners of war for years.
"The picture I have that sticks in my mind is of [Mr. Kerry] sitting at that table in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee room with that long hair testifying about the atrocities committed" by U.S. soldiers, Phyllis Galanti said in an interview yesterday. "It was just such a slap to all of the military and their families."
Mr. Kerry testified in 1971, five years into the seven-year captivity of Mrs. Galanti's husband, Navy pilot Paul Galanti.
"This is going to complicate the war so much and draw it out so much longer," she remembers thinking at the time. "What he said was really used against the prisoners by their captors."
The independent group plans to spend $1.4 million airing the ad on cable television stations and in key swing states such as Nevada, New Mexico and Pennsylvania.
Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton did not dispute the accusations made by the women, but attacked the group responsible for it.
"It's just the latest smear from a group that's doing the Bush campaign's dirty work," he said. "This group has been completely discredited and has no interest in the truth."
Other Kerry supporters have said that Mr. Kerry's anti-war activities -- including a trip he made to Paris to meet with both sides of the conflict -- was an effort to help prisoners of war like Mr. Galanti.
"For John Kerry to now claim that his activities were part of an effort to help solve the POW problem is absolutely ludicrous," said former POW Ken Cordier, who was held captive for more than six years. "Kerry encouraged the North Vietnamese to keep us in captivity longer, which meant more torture, more lost years and, sadly, more death."
While military service has been a cornerstone of Mr. Kerry's campaign and many of his strongest supporters are veterans, his candidacy has sparked intense opposition from many other veterans.
A second anti-Kerry veterans group -- Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry -- plans a protest outside Mr. Kerry's Georgetown home tomorrow.
Mrs. Galanti, who still lives in Richmond with her husband, said Mr. Kerry has only himself to blame for the efforts by her and others to keep him out of the White House.
"No other candidate could bring POWs and their families out of the woodwork like this," she said.
Mrs. Galanti also sees similarities between Mr. Kerry's anti-war rhetoric about Vietnam after he'd served and his political rhetoric today about the war in Iraq after he voted to authorize it. Most recently, he suggested Iraqi prime minister and U.S. ally Iyad Allawi is lying about conditions in Iraq and his campaign called him a "puppet" of the Bush administration.
"There must be something in his DNA," Mrs. Galanti said. "He gave aid and comfort to the enemy back then, and he's doing the same thing today. Of course it emboldens the enemy and prolongs the fighting."

Torog
09-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Kerry betrayed his fellow soldiers in '71...and he's showing disturbing signs that he will do so again.

Kerry,has all but said that he will not act to defend America from any enemies--unless he gets 'permission'--from the UN,France and Germany(the Axis of Appeasers).

America,does not need 'permission' from anyone--to act in self-defense !!

Libertarian Toker
09-30-2004, 11:29 AM
"The picture I have that sticks in my mind is of [Mr. Kerry] sitting at that table in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee room with that long hair testifying about the atrocities committed" by U.S. soldiers, Phyllis Galanti said in an interview yesterday. "It was just such a slap to all of the military and their families."

Hmmmmm, well I guess he did kind of have some long hair, and we all know that makes a guy a bad person. The nerve of that guy to sit there with his long hair like that and tell the truth! Well I never! That's got to be the biggest slap the military ever had. Say, if these swifty's are so lock jawed when it comes to their "band of brothers", why are they saying such bad stuff against one of their own? I guess like the repos, swiftys are willing to eat their own if anyone steps out of line. Damn that long haired kerry, and damn his long hair too. He didn't sweep the atrocities under the rug, so he was damn sure a tratior bent on helping the other side win. Looks like it worked as the other side won. It is not heroric to hide atrocities to save face. What's really sad is that I am sure I am not the only one that can see what the swiftys are really doing, and it is going to hurt them in the long run.

"The independent group plans to spend $1.4 million airing the ad on cable television stations and in key swing states such as Nevada, New Mexico and Pennsylvania."

That's a lot of cash. I wonder where it comes from?

"Kerry betrayed his fellow soldiers in '71...and he's showing disturbing signs that he will do so again."

Who is betraying who here? If there were atrocities, and there was, then whoever did hide this, or take part in it, betrayed the US. Protecting US from the truth is not honerable or noble, it is lame and deceitfull. Now their pissed and want to use the fact that kerry would not keep silent with them as a weapon against him. Well I ain't buying it. As much as I don't like Kerry, I still ain't buying this load of pure BS the swifty's are trying to lay on US.

"America,does not need 'permission' from anyone--to act in self-defense !!"

Well you got that right. Self defence seems to mean different things to different people though. Your idea of self defence seems to be to attack first, so that they cannot attack US in the future.

Toker

Torog
09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Howdy LT,

I must admit,that I kinda laughed at the 'long hair' comment,down here in Texas,the cowboys still beat up on 'long hairs'..lol.

As for telling the 'truth',the truth is,is that Kerry portrayed every soldier as a war criminal-which was not true,it was only a small group of soldiers that were guilty of such behaviour-not the majority that Kerry suggested.

I must admit,that I was curious about the money trail myself.

As for pre-emptive strikes,would you rather that a large number of Americans die first-before you're convinced that we must act ?

Should Iran and NK,be allowed to use nukes against us first-before we can act ? Surely you don't think,that the leaders of those nations,have nothing but good will,towards the Free World ?

Torog
09-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Breaker..Breaker..LT--are ya there ?

Libertarian Toker
09-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Breaker..Breaker..LT--are ya there ?

No! I'm actualy some place else. Say Torog, you ever did anything you knew was stupid and likely to get you in over your head, but you did it anyway? I'm thinking of doing smothing like that, and I could use a little extra input. I love the country, and I am thinking of moving someplace in the country. Soon! Me and my old lady are at it again, and this time I am leaving the state to make sure it sticks. This will more then likely make ya laugh, but I been thinking about Oklahoma. You can get a fine place there for very little money, and there are loads of catfish. I liked MO for a long time, but OK is starting to look a little better to me now. Most of the times that I have done stupid things like this it turned out for the worse. There have been a few times that it worked out great though. What say you about your expirence in doing things you know are stupid, but you want to do anyway?

Toker

Sam
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
If you do, why?

sawleaf
09-30-2004, 07:24 PM
If you do, why?

I like laughing at him when he talks. I hope he can hold his own in the Debate tonight without making himslef look like an idiot.

Torog
09-30-2004, 07:26 PM
No! I'm actualy some place else. Say Torog, you ever did anything you knew was stupid and likely to get you in over your head, but you did it anyway? I'm thinking of doing smothing like that, and I could use a little extra input. I love the country, and I am thinking of moving someplace in the country. Soon! Me and my old lady are at it again, and this time I am leaving the state to make sure it sticks. This will more then likely make ya laugh, but I been thinking about Oklahoma. You can get a fine place there for very little money, and there are loads of catfish. I liked MO for a long time, but OK is starting to look a little better to me now. Most of the times that I have done stupid things like this it turned out for the worse. There have been a few times that it worked out great though. What say you about your expirence in doing things you know are stupid, but you want to do anyway?

Toker
Howdy LT, you ask:

" Say Torog, you ever did anything you knew was stupid and likely to get you in over your head," Yup,I moved to Jacksonville,Florida,into my brother's house,which I knew was probably stupid..sure enough-it was..his old lady,is a liberal through and through ! LoL I finally moved out into a nasty old trailer,but I wound up with my girlfriend-that was 9 years ago,,and I ain't never regretted it.

Nope,I ain't gonna laugh at ya for wanting to move to Oklahoma,it's a beautiful State,mostly in the forested areas that is. You just gotta be careful about all the rednecks and the redneck cops,the cops are real strict when it comes to the speed limit and stuff like that-just keep your nose clean and drive like a grandma ..lol.

The country is always a better choice than a city-in my book,and living where the cost-of-living is cheaper,is a good thing too.

I'm rootin for ya man..you should be where you're the happiest..and if that's the country..then it's gotta be good.

Are any of the kids coming with ya ? It's better for the kids ,if you and your old lady are fighting,to git em away from all that negativity. Just don't badmouth their mom and don't git between them talking..it's best to keep things civil for their sakes,till they grow up and finish school.

Have a good one...Torog

Libertarian Toker
10-01-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't know what we are going to do about the kids. The two older boys will show if I get rid of the bitch, that much I do know. I know I need to think about the kids some, but I am not going to let it control my every thought as I did last time. It's nice to think of others, but sometimes you have to also think of yourself if you want to make it in this life. I guess it will be like it is with my two older boys, a summer vaction kind of thing, and x-mass. It may seem better for the kids if we stay close together, but that just isn't true. Not for us anyway. Like father like son. My dad went through the same shit, and now here I am doing it also. Whatever, at some point in this life I need to do what I want to do, or I will never do it. This may just be that point. If I am sounding a little selfish, it's because I am feeling a little selfish right now. This next section of my life is going to be about me, and my kids. It won't be about what some bitch thinks it should be ever again. Thanks for your reply, I'll keep them rednecks in mind if I end up down there. I tend to get along pretty good with them though, so I don't think that will be as much of a problem as it could be. I'll keep it mind just the same though. Weed is the third largest cash crop there, so I'm thinking there might be a few stoners also. Who knows where I'll end up man? That place looks good to me, but ya never really know what your going to do until you actualy do it.

Toker

Torog
10-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Howdy LT,

I understand where you're coming from ,man..and I reckon that I side with ya on your take on things. I tell you what,I focused so hard on raising my daughter and making sure she graduated highschool,that when she finally left home,I didn't know what to do with myself,suddenly,I was no longer gittin up early to fix her breakfast and take her to school,that's been 4 years ago and I'm still gittin up early and feelin like I need to git dressed and go somewhere...lol.

I'm rootin for ya,man..and you're right about the stoners in OK,there's lot's of em !

Have a good one ...Torog

sawleaf
10-01-2004, 06:26 PM
I like laughing at him when he talks. I hope he can hold his own in the Debate tonight without making himslef look like an idiot.

Well looks like he couldn't. :)