PDA

View Full Version : Crazy theory (Might step on toes)

UserName AlphaNiner
09-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, LSD has been traced back thousands of years.

"LSD is a semi-synthetic derivative of lysergic acid, an alkaloid found in ergot, and also in morning-glory seeds. Ergot is a fungus that grows as a rust on rye; medieval tales of madness and entire villages running amok have been attributed to the townies eating infested bread."

Imagine if the medieval stories were someone's acid trip? I mean....magical swords...dragons...wizards...etc. Pretty spacey ideas, eh?

And how about those witch hunts...where people would just seem to suddenly go crazy? Suspicious.

Now, the controversial part. What if certain religions were based on someone's exaggerated acid trip? The story could have started off with "man, for a second there you looked like you were walking on water, Jesus" and just taken into mind blowing crazy ass creation theories from there. I mean, I've thought of a lot of crazy shit while I was tripping....especially about creation. Now, why can't my ideas be true if these can? I understand that different denominations can interpret the actions in the bible differently, but there are a lot of people who actually thought these events really happened. A similar comparison would be thinking the Matrix was real. What if that is the bible 10000 years from now? I mean, the idea of it all just seems so out there...it has "psychadelic" written all over it. Why else would the Bible try to stear you away from drugs? They knew they were under the influence of something (divine power? nah....LSD) when they wrote this crazy shit....perhaps they could keep everyone following their ideas by disallowing the use of drugs.

Well, whatever... I tried to make it as open as possible, because that's exactly how I feel about it. I don't have a religion, I'm just all about exploring different ideas. Thanks for reading. :D

Imotep
09-29-2004, 02:25 AM
dude you ripped off my monkeys eating magic mushroom theory lol. :D
Im with you 100% on that one mate.

Wheemer
09-29-2004, 06:23 AM
Please know that there is no possibility that Jesus' miraculas powers were fabricated. What is very likely is that the visions people were said to have had were the result of delrium. A fabrication of there own imagination. At least this is what I believe. There is no posibility these people were actually seeing god. He is more of an energy and presence than a human form.

Also Jesus' mind have the ability to project images into others minds. So even if he was imagining a vision in his head, the same vision would be projected into anyone that was around him. Again... theory.

The matrix and the bible are tales of the same way. Just different interpretations. Neo=Jesus. Except that Jesus in Neos role would have definately known that he was the one, even if he didn't understand it.

Imotep
09-29-2004, 06:39 AM
Please know that there is no possibility that Jesus' miraculas powers were fabricated. What is very likely is that the visions people were said to have had were the result of delrium. A fabrication of there own imagination. At least this is what I believe. There is no posibility these people were actually seeing god. He is more of an energy and presence than a human form.

Also Jesus' mind have the ability to project images into others minds. So even if he was imagining a vision in his head, the same vision would be projected into anyone that was around him. Again... theory.

The matrix and the bible are tales of the same way. Just different interpretations. Neo=Jesus. Except that Jesus in Neos role would have definately known that he was the one, even if he didn't understand it.

miraculous powers?
heal the sick, cure the blind, all medical marijuana
water into wine, well... that is a good trick.

projecting images?
when did that happen?

neo as jesus? didnt the guy who wrote all the stuuf matrix is based on have to walk away from it coz they fucked it up so much?
ahh, I see your point. bit like the bible. :)

Vartonik
09-29-2004, 07:04 AM
if god is an energyy how can you give it a gender?

zarathustra
09-29-2004, 02:45 PM
if god is an energyy how can you give it a gender?

Aren't we supposed to be in God's image too? I wanna be a lightning bolt, dammit!

buddha
09-29-2004, 07:55 PM
I know alot about many different religions and im not saying that god exsist or doesnt all i know is that in every religion i have read on they all talk about miracles and shit most peolpe cant believe and alcohol. We all know what happens when you tell stories while your drunk. Except for asian religions they dont talk about alcohol but they were all smoking hash anyway. Oh and the bible doesnt tell you not to do drugs it says to not inflict injury upon yourself and now that scientist have discovered what drugs do to you the leaders of the church tell you that. The leaders of the church are the ones who tell you what the bible "realy" meant to say. i guess gods right hand men didnt get it right.

Imotep
09-30-2004, 01:40 AM
half of its on the cutting room floor, the other half is lost in translation.
Gods changed his mind scince then anyway. He's working on the sequel.

LearyS Disciple
10-01-2004, 02:40 AM
i actually read somewhere that scientists who study psychedelics have noticed that biblical reports of god meeting them and that jazz relate to psychedelics and have linked psychedelics to most of the spiritual events in the bible such as ppl being lifted off the gorund and stuff like that

Imotep
10-02-2004, 03:32 AM
i actually read somewhere that scientists who study psychedelics have noticed that biblical reports of god meeting them and that jazz relate to psychedelics and have linked psychedelics to most of the spiritual events in the bible such as ppl being lifted off the gorund and stuff like that

amen. talkin to burning bushes.

HiGuy
10-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Cool over views. God-Good, black- white, right- left, top- bottom. right- wrong. One side is the opposite of most everything. Decent is what makes a God, wrong is devilish also known as satanic. Willing to hear, learn and decide is the meaning to freedom. Acceptance - tolerance, it's valued personal judgment that rules when others are considered. Prayer works and lack of intrusion on others unless it removes what's good. Evil is a cancer that needs removed. God is a conservative (btw).

HiGuy
10-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear on my posting above. I just came home from a party and was 3 shades to the win. I can make it clearer if you wish sumed up in 4 words. Being good is Godlike. ~;o)

YES
10-03-2004, 09:51 PM
I once heard of a girl who had done acid and she said Jesus came to her and they had a talk.

Ever since then shes been a Christian.

Imotep
10-05-2004, 04:50 AM
I once heard of a girl who had done acid and she said Jesus came to her and they had a talk.

Ever since then shes been a Christian.

The lord moves in mysterious ways

Sam
10-05-2004, 10:27 PM
In Greece centuries ago, some people mixed ergot extract in a drink and tripped together, and worshipped the ergot. Hence a religon based around a chemical v similare to LSD.

The visions produced by 'soma' (now largely regarded as the Fly Agaric mushroom, Amanita muscaria) are thought to be the foundations of Hinduism. I mean Shiva and Ganesh are both the typw of trippy things you would come up with when tripping on shrooms.

holotrope
10-23-2004, 04:32 PM

Um, jesus didn't know he was 'the one,' he had to be told by God, and he had a pretty hard time accepting it. also, this post of yours makes very little sense when you said in another post that "reality is just what's in front of your eyes." then you say that Jesus' miracles couldn't have been fabricated, but they could be mental projection. Ok, so then by your own admission, the miracles could have been other than "in front of their eyes" and therefore not REAL, by your own definition. If you decide that the mental projection can constitute reality, then what would distinguish a mental projection produced by Jesus from a mental projection produced by some chemical?
I'm not saying that the miracles were fake, I just had to point out your weak reasoning. I believe Jesus was one of the many people in history who had a higher state of conscioussness (like buddha, moses, mohammed, zoroaster, lao-tzu, confucius, etc.) and therefore could use his mind to illustrate the transient nature of this life and world. I don't think the miracles were him saying "Look, now you HAVE to believe i'm God's son," i think he was just trying to teach us stuff, like the rest of the prophets. Unfortunately, when someone of a higher state of understanding tres to teach us stuff, it's the same as when an adult tries to tach a child. To teach a kid about right and wrong, adults say "be good and santa will bring you a present, be naughty, and you won't get anything (except maybe a lump of coal)." This is obviously an oversimplified way to do things, but eventually kid's get the message behind it, and don't need to believe in santa anymore. It seems like with most religions these days, people are still believing in santa, because they just follow the simplified writings to the letter, rather than examinng the meaning behind it and the actual important lesson. Dogma is the bastard child of ignorance and insecurity.

peace

Kid Dynamite
10-24-2004, 02:10 PM
jesus didnt start all that shiz nizzle until he was 30, so he cant have known, or at least accepted that he was the son of God until then

meek mike
10-24-2004, 06:33 PM
As I watched the Matrix over and over the idea that it was some what based off the Bible did pop in my mind. There are alot of things that are a like except I don't remember any where in the Matrix it talking about God. There hve been a lot of movies with a God twist in it some where. For example in the movie Hellboy. I didn't like the movie to much cause it just wasn't my kind of flick but when Hellboy was given the chance to open the gates of Hell one of his friends yelled out "Your father has given you a chose." Which all of a sudden sparked a thought in my mind that the movie could have been some what spiritual. I hope you have seen the movie and know a little about Christianity that will help make my point a little better. Here I go:

Hellboy like us are born into sin. Because of Adam and Eve screwing up a good thing all are born into sin. Hellboy is the perfect example of that. He was (born) pulled in the the world as hellboy. He had no chose of that he just was. All of his life he had problems with his apperiance, feelings, etc like we do. On the inside he was a nice guy raised by some nice people that told him he has a chose he can do the things that people expected of him since he looked that way or he can do what was right and good. Just as we all have a chose to right and good because our Father in heaven gave us free will (ability to choose right or do wrong). Hellboy like all of use need to do our own thing. Most of the time we realize what we wanted to do was not the right thing to do or at least not the right time to do them. But at the perfect time (my view God's time) Hellboy had to make a life changing chose to do good and not open the gates of hell or do bad and let Hell literally come into the world.

Know that I took care of the movie part about the idea that some religions are based off drug experiances. Honestly I have no clue. No one does because we all live in the 20th or is it the 21st centrury and most of the religions in question are well not in my time area. It could be or it couldn't be. I personally live by faith. I have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he paid the ultimate price for me. My faith is that Jesus was sins less the perfect human. Because in my beliefs he is perfect (and God's son) he was able to take all of mans sins on his sholder or back which ever suited him and die on the cross for them. Doing so he wiped my slate clean (along with yours) and said all you have to do is have faith in me and love the people around you. He lived a life of example written in the Bible which I believe to be fact and not fiction. You may have your own thoughts on that but thats whats so cool about God he allowes us to have our own opinion instead of being like machines and doing it only his way. Like Hellboy he gives us all a chance. In history it is a fact that Jesus was a person. In history it was proven that he died on a cross. In history it is a fact that he was a leader of a religious rebellion and was betrayed by his own people. If history has proven Jesus lived and the New Test. of the Bible is the story of his life and he said the only way to heaven is through him I have faith in that. It is out in the open God loves all and sent his son to give eternal life and all one has to do is have faith in his son. Chose's. Look into the Bible more you'll be suprised how interesting it is. I'd stick with the New part of it because even being a pastor the old part can be some what boring and has little to do with Jesus.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ and Cannabis

buddha
10-25-2004, 05:56 AM
There is no god people just want somthing else to be there to help them out cause they are afraid to be on their own so they make up in their mind somthing or start believeing in somthing that was created thousands of years ago. I dont believe in god because its just evident there is none people who believe in god say just to be open i used to be quite religious untill i did become open.... to the fact there was no god and thats hard for people afraid to be alone to do. Even now somtimes i wish there was a god to help me with my problems somthing bigger than me and i just want to drop down pray and things to get better but i know thats absurd and it just makes me stonger and more confident with doing things for myself. I no longer look everywhere i can for help especially not imaginary characters. i fianlly became a big boy and do things for myself.

buddha
10-25-2004, 06:03 AM
So what i have to say to all of you religious people just be open. Of course the people who made your religions made it a sin to be open to that. People really make sure they cant get out of their own self decieving lies its the best way to stay in denial. Just be open.

meek mike
10-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean that he isn't there. I have been very open to any thing my whole life. The one thing I haven't been open to because of the evidence in my life is that there's no God. Im sure in your life at some time or maybe many times something has happened that you can't explain. It could have been God or his angels or it might not have been. I think of it as being God. If it's just that you can't see him then think about it this way. I can't see gravity but I know it's there. I can't see air but I know it's there. You say you sometimes you want to get down and pray for things in your life and I'm sure in the past you might have being the religious person you where. Try it again talk to Jesus and see what happens. Who knows what good could come from it.

Rev. Michael T

Imotep
10-29-2004, 02:18 AM
so mike whats yr take on other religions. are they all prophets leading to the one god?
or is your god the only god and all else are satan in a buddah suit?

meek mike
10-29-2004, 02:58 AM
My belief is that there is only one God. Other religions are fine by me. I know some great hindu people and I know some great Buddist. I know some awesome athiest and I know some awesome Jews. I personaly don't think they all lead to the same God because I believe in the Bible and what it says. In the Bible Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the light no one comes to the father except through me. So in my beliefs Jesus is the only way to God and where he lives. I don't think other religions are satanic because I have taken something out of each of those religions and applied them to my beliefs.

Rev. Michael T

Imotep
10-29-2004, 03:20 AM
hmm.
ok but then do you feel evangelistic and have to convinve those of other religions that jesus is the only way?
or do you accept they think what they think and hey, if theyre right and im wrong then well, i stuffed up?

OutOfReality
10-29-2004, 04:24 AM
thats actually a reAllllly good theory in my opinion.. i wouldn't be surprised if it was actually true but then again im crazy right now

meek mike
10-29-2004, 04:24 AM
I don't try to convince anyone. I let them know what I believe and what the Bible says it's up to the person if they want to believe as I do or if they choose to go their way. Everyone has free will. Whats the point in ponding the Bible and my beliefs on people the only thing that happens is my beliefs look bad because I'm not tolerant of others. I as an Evanglist can only tell people what I and the bible believe. Every religion thinks their way is right so that loaded statement:

do you accept they think what they think and hey, if theyre right and im wrong then well, i stuffed up?

I will not answer. What are your belief's if you don't mind me asking?

Rev. Michael T

XTC
10-29-2004, 05:31 AM
I totally believe in god an all. But I am taking a psychology class and what my professor said makes sense. Think about everything you do. Everything possible thing you have done. Now he says Freewill is an illusion. See everything we do we do as a reward. Everything action we take creates a reward for us Negaitive or positive rewards. He says people do action just because of the reward and not because we do it "for the hell of it"

Josh David
10-30-2004, 05:38 PM
O.k. oi indulge in what ifs and what nots but , every time I triped I never witness miracles such as those. Although I think the story of jesus christ is a great phenomenon at best(2000 years later people still believe your god?). And if you look at two other religions you will find him as a prophet according to jews and muslims. I think it would explain alot , sometimes I think its unfair to teach us that god lived thousands of years ago and we dont get that luxury.

mr chinnery
12-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Don't have time to read the whole thread so if someone's said this- sorry. There is a theory that the whole 'witchcraft' phenomenon was caused through eating ergot from wheat.