PDA

View Full Version : 24 Plants

bobbyhardcore
06-29-2006, 11:21 PM
I am looking at growing 24 plants hydroponically with a flood and drain system from esoteric. If i was to grow 24 plants of northern lights, approximately how much yield could i expect off these. Just want an estimate but don't say an estimate that is unreasonable, go on a calculation that the plants are gonna grow at an average rate and yield. Also what would be the best strain for the highest yield? I've been told that per plant grown hydroponically i could expect 300 grams per plant? is this true cos i dont believe it. I have grown plants in soil and have got just under an ounce per plant. 24 plants = ??? grams.

Cheers guys

Buckshot
06-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Well look at it as the worst you could do, given they are all healthy females is just under 24 ounces. I know that's not a whole lot of help, but growing them hydroponically is for sure going to yield more than soil....

Garden Knowm
06-30-2006, 04:48 AM
What kind of light?

GrowerXLT
06-30-2006, 07:35 AM
bobbyhardcore,

I have read many times that a good goal to try and reach is 1 gram per watt. I am growing for my first time and would be very happy if I reached that. I plan on only getting half that and I am even using CO2. I am runnin to two 430 watt lights so 860 total. If I can ever pull off 860 grams per cycle I will be VERY happy. So I think a good guess for a fisrt time grower would be a half gram per watt. Hope this helps.

GrowerXLT

jamstigator
06-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Number of plants doesn't do much to indicate yield. You can have one mongo 12-foot Sativa plant that gives you 1000 grams, or lotsa little plants that give an ounce per plant. There are a great many variables, but lighting is the primary limiting factor. But strain, how long you veg them before flowering, nutrients, pot size, ventilation, temperature, it all has some effect on yield.

In fact, depending on where you live, you might want to grow fewer large plants rather than numerous small plants, simply because of the laws.

Land of Drought
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
It kinda like asking, How many grains of sand on a Beach LOl
All of the above if its indoors under 400 to 1000 watt lamps i assume
you'll need more that one lamp for 24 plants no matter what.also
im assuming you havnt grow much?. with a question like that soooo
maybe they die beforwe you get too the end Never count chickens before there hatched you'll be disapointed. It sounds like you a plan and need the
smoke to pass on so asking such a question is a hard one to answer.
based on what ive done myself an ozish a plant indoors under lights

Best of Luck

stinkyattic
06-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Well look at it as the worst you could do, given they are all healthy females is just under 24 ounces. I know that's not a whole lot of help, but growing them hydroponically is for sure going to yield more than soil....

Believe me you could do much worse.

And you could do much better.

Read up on your lights. That's the most important factor in determining yield off healthy plants.

Jdog7000
06-30-2006, 02:54 PM
This is the grow lounge people.
Why are people asking grow questions here all the time.

bobbyhardcore
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
right if people were to read the thread properly they would have seen i said all estimation. I have grown before bu only in soil and not hydroponically. When i said estimation that means for thos of you who know what you are talking about would be able to give me an estimation. If i wanted to know exactly i would work it out myself by wattage, pot size, nutrients etc etc etc. I have been told that on estimation i could possible get 150 grams per plant? Is this about right because if you look at seed purchasing sites it says for some strains 300-400 grams? or is this per square metre ? Can only people who have the knowledge and aernt gna just give smart ass comments reply please. Not trying to be assy but if i was to want sarcastic comments i would ask. Thankyou for your replies and any further replies also.

Cheers

Bob

GunBarrel
06-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Well ive been told to expect about 100g per plant by a mate that grows regularly.
Its ok to guess on the light wattage and stuff but the variables make it impossible to be precise.
If youre growing 24, you must have some room?
Mine are in a 1.2mx1.2m tent. When i got 6 plants to start with i wondered whether i should have got 12.
Im glad i stuck with 6, ill show you why. And if i get 100g per plant ill be well happy :)

Any more than 6 and i would have had no room!!

GrowerXLT
07-01-2006, 01:08 AM
bobbyhardcore,

I think you actually got some pretty good replies. What people are trying to highlight is the fact that just saying you want to grow 24 plants in a hydro system is not really enough info to make an estimate as to what you will yield. How much room you give each plant and how much light you use are probably the two most important factors.

For example GunBarrel is growing 6 plants in a 4ft x 4ft area and he I believe I read in his other thread that he is using a 600 watt lamp. He said he is shooting for about 100g's per plant. Which go back to 1 gram per watt theory. And the way his grow is looking he will probably get that.

I am growing 17 plants in a 4.5ft length x 4ft width x 2ft high and am expecting less per plant (less than 28g per plant) but probably have a faster cycle due to the fact my plants spend less time in veg.

So once again I think a good estimate is probably between .5 - 1 gram per watt. What type of light were you using when you did your soil grow?

GrowerXLT