PDA

View Full Version : Whats with OG refugee's...

Jdog7000
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Does anyone care if someone used to be a member at OG?
I sure don't give a crap.
It seems like some people who say they are OG refugee's seem to think it gives them the right to be cocky assholes.
Well I'm here to say,it doesn't.
Just becuase you were a member somewhere else doesn't mean shit.
Nobody cares if you were at OG.
So let it go.
They had a good strain guide and that all.
And I have the strain guide.
So whats the big deal people.
Let it go.
It's a frigin Pot Forum!:thumbsup:

Dutch Pimp
06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I concur.

Zandor
06-26-2006, 04:26 PM
OG did not have the best strain guide. CGI had that when it was up and running and Heatherbud had a guide long before RC purchased OG.

Most everyone here had an account at OG so you could say we all are from there at one time or another. There has always been a since of arrogance about OG. Some of it was earned in the early days but ever since RC took over it was just resting on its laurels. They ripped off the strain guide from cannagenetics.com aka-CGI. It is now gone and the lady who started that site is also gone. I assume she is in jail also like so many others. She went into hiding and lost her home over that site.

As the freedom of information dwindles down we must band together and not let the empirical powers control us. We don't need to fight each other but rather learn from each other.

OG is gone, RC is gone so get over it and stop living in the past or we all may find ourselves resting on our laurels behind bars.

the image reaper
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
I, for one, never had the admiration for that 'OG strainguide' that some do ... I thought it was full of discrepancies and bad information ... my :twocents:

Zandor
06-26-2006, 04:35 PM
I, for one, never had the admiration for that 'OG strainguide' that some do ... I thought it was full of discrepancies and bad information ... my :twocents:

I agree and so did most of the threads on that site too after RC took over.

That is what happends when greed is placed over content.

DE.Db33t
06-26-2006, 06:19 PM
OG was a nice site, probably better then the most shit job html that stones chacked full of pot do. It had a complete site with more resources than most, not to mention the extensive FAQ. Its downfall and the controversy that went with it was obscene and has split the online cannibas comunity.

If you read high times they put marc emery in the spot light as a villinous ringleader and dyobolical mastermind, whilst cannibas culture put him on their fund raising tshirt, with out RC. Obviosly people have split opinions on the subject but quarlling, or stiring up arguments, is just counterproductive and further perpetuates the binary distinction within the community.

Fuck the whole thing, I think its the job of other sites to pick up where OG left off adopting the strain guide and FAQ and having a safe meetingplace for the share of information. Where is the unity?:rasta: :thumbsup:

graph
06-27-2006, 06:01 AM
I was never a member of OG, but I was visiting that site before I knew about this one. Never really liked it that much.

I really like this site, though. Especially the grow section. Have I told you people that I loved you... platonically?

So the real question at hand is, has cdot become the new og?

Garden Knowm
06-27-2006, 06:36 AM
So the real question at hand is, has cdot become the new og?

LOL

you are on a role this evening!!!

graph
06-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Am I? Today was a really good day for me, maybe that's why. Have a nice day!

plastik
06-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Does anyone care if someone used to be a member at OG?
I sure don't give a crap.
It seems like some people who say they are OG refugee's seem to think it gives them the right to be cocky assholes.
Well I'm here to say,it doesn't.
Just becuase you were a member somewhere else doesn't mean shit.
Nobody cares if you were at OG.
So let it go.
They had a good strain guide and that all.
And I have the strain guide.
So whats the big deal people.
Let it go.
It's a frigin Pot Forum!:thumbsup:

man thats not just OG, thats ALOT of forums/sites that get shut down. Not even pot related. It seems theres always refugees from some forum moving to another one, being cocky, acting like they are better than everyone, and like they own the place. That's just from what I've seen on various sites. I don't like it much either.

graph
06-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey, I'd also like to add the fact that not ALL OG refugees act like that. Some come with that attitude, but are humbled and then are actually really cool people when you get to know them. Some are just generally nice people. Some aren't, and that becomes the stereotype. I think we've all just gotta remember to wipe our feet at the door, because, who knows, we may all be refugees one day. Not just on forums, either.

Land of Drought
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
I personally Was reg'd with Overgrow!!
It s like graph said wipe your feet. I have too ad Overgrow ant the only place where you get pot Snobs, it was'nt just that Site. funnly enough i closed my account with the site a few weeks before it went down because of the "im better than you" ,that some folks have. When it boil;s down too it nobodys an expert some plp are lucky too have a proper space to grow or have been growing for years which is fare enough but some of us have to share home with people who dont respect us or have all kinds of shit to deal with so i dont see the point of slagging plp bacause you just become what you hate.
opionated,,,This site could be pulled if it gets too big for its boots also.
Its seems to me that theres no point in being divided, surly thats what will end us for sure. Also i found some cool people on OG they where all idiots bragging about how great and how much they knew.
Personaly i like'd the fact that there was a site that by the time it ended had some 200,000 reg'd members. i know most didnt post regularly but it was a good silent Fk off to ignorant people who surround us and attack our lifes.

So pls think before you slag its the cheapest form of defense

Jdog7000
06-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I agree that there are some cool people from OG.
Obviously I wasn't talking about them.
And yes pot snobs are everywhere.
Planet Ganja is probably the worst as far as pot snobs go.
But thats just from my experience.
I mentioned OG because thats the one that people bring up the most.
And it seems the majorty of them do think they are better then everyone else. And for no real reason at that.
I agree that there strain guide was not that acurate.
But it had alot of strains.
Thats what I liked.
No strain guide is going to be totally acurrate.
It would be nice if they were.

I'm just saying let it go.
It wasn't that great.

m.g.
06-27-2006, 04:35 PM
<snip>
If you read high times they put marc emery in the spot light as a villinous ringleader and dyobolical mastermind, whilst cannibas culture put him on their fund raising tshirt, with out RC. Obviosly people have split opinions on the subject but quarlling, or stiring up arguments, is just counterproductive and further perpetuates the binary distinction within the community.

<snip>:

emery is cannabis culture and cannabis culture is emery (he owns it). why would he put rc's face on his fund raising shirt anyway? rc has never had a kind word for marc and the busts they've been in are not related. emery's name came up in that ht article because an ex-og member brought it up mentioning marc had printed the companies address, like he was actually narking on someone but fact is it was already public record along with the rest of rc's private info. check the archives from end of january through march of this year at icmag, planetganga, cannculture, marihemp and here and the entire story can be pieced together...the ht article only talked about it from one side and only casually mentioned the rest of it before getting sidetracked with POM's bs. but still a good article!

Trivium
06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Lol the OG people that go around saying 'you suck, mines better then yours' chances are they brag to more then just us online. Wich will lead to them being caught, and less assholes on this website. I dont know if its Overgrow or summer crowd, they're both just as bad.

No matter what, people from OG contain a sense of attitude that no one here likes. To all of you OG mates, play nice and keep it cool.

Jdog7000
06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Man, I'm sick of those people.
I can't even go to another forum without getting insulted for no reason.,
Ussually it's because I make the mistake of trying to teach something new.
Then everyone thinks I'm making shit up.
Just because they don't already know about it.
Thats the ultimate fat head move.
Those people are fuckin idiats.
Who will never see passed the nose on there head.

I know more then you.
I grow better then you.
I got better equipment then you.
I got a better set up then you.
Don't those people see how childish that is.

I could name names.
But I don't want to start too much crap. lol

Planet Ganja has the most people like that from what I've seen.
Not alot.
Just a few.
But it's shitty because the other people there just let people insult new people.
It's tottaly lame.

I try and talk about a new strain.
And I get called a lyer.
Whats that about?