PDA

View Full Version : AVOID Insidesun

RICVAGANJ
06-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I opdered a light from them. It never arrived. I have been trying to get my money back or a tracking number with no success. It has been 14 days since my order was placed. I think it is a scam and a rip off.

AVOID INSIDESUN.

Jdog7000
06-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Sunlight supply is a good co.

Zandor
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
It may not be them. I sent off one my drip systems to a customer and it ended up in another state. I sent a second one and I have not heard if it arrived yet or not. I don't know what is going on but it may not have been them. They have a very good rep and they do have a phone number where you can contact them too. I am sure they will help resolve this problem in a timely manor, if given the chance. I do understand your frustration as well but once a package has left there is not much the shipper can do but pray.

m.g.
06-24-2006, 10:21 PM
and 14 days is not all that long...patience. they have too good of a rep to allow it to get dragged down. did you use a delivery name that is registered to where youy order is being delivered? many times it will get sent back if an unregistered name was used.

crucial conflict
06-24-2006, 11:07 PM
inside sun yea i know that place i ordered a light and got it 16 days later but i called and i conplaned and he said he was waiting for a shipment from canda and as soon as he gets it he will send it out with free nutes and a free bulb and he did so call them dude conplane

stinkyattic
06-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Call and leave a message; they will get back to you.

What you ordered may have been on backorder.

The guy is really good about returning calls, give him a chance to explain the situation before you dis him on a board.

plastik
06-26-2006, 03:18 AM
InsideSun does have good prices, and well, you get what you pay for, maybe a little more. BUT they are very bad about doing business correctly. I've seen orders backed up by 3 weeks because Of availability. The guy that you talk to is not very respectful at all. I had ordered from them and I called after 3 weeks only for him to tell me I had a back-order, and I had to wait atleast 3 weeks more before I recieved my stuff, I asked for a refund because I told him I did not want to have to wait this long, and he hung up on me! He did not want to give me a refund. And he also did not want to add anything extra for waiting soo long.

I asked if he would kindly upgrade my light bulb or take off some on shipping, or add anything in the package to add incentive for the problems I have had with them, they didn't want to do any of this. They really messed up, because I Had a friend that runs hydroponic gardens and grows lots of veggies. I told Insidesun this aswell, and that if they didn't take action, they would lose alot of business. They guy was really interested because he couldn't afford as much with the more expensive prices. They definately lost atleast 10K because of their unwillingness to cooperate and their poor service.

When the package had finally arrived, I was thinking about keeping it, I had a lighting system sent, and a few other items. The ballast looked like it had been in a fire, it was charred all on the outside. The reflectors inner coating look like it had been melted in excessive heat. The ballast itself would shut off only after 3 hours of use because of overheating, even with extreme cooling. The ballast emitted a metal burning smell, and got hot enough to burn you severly. I had it returned, And I demanded my full money back, including shipping. I even threatened him about contacting my lawyer if he did not, he wanted me to send it back so he could send me another one, I had already waited nearly 2 months, and I wasn't gonna wait another. because hey, he had my money but I did not have my product, nor did I have it in a reasonable amount of time, and it was defective, and Also he knew he was wrong when he hung up on me after I told him not to send it in the first place and refund my money.

So because of them, everyone loses..I didn't get my cheaper equipment, He had to refund shipping (of which he payed for twice), and my friend didn't get to save any money on the deals, nor did Insidesun make a butt load of money from him. It's sad. The guy runs it all out of his home. His family owns a lighting company, and he runs insidesun on the side. It's all good deals, and you get what you pay for, but the customer service is horrible, and if you don't mind waiting 2 months for your package to arrive defective, then I guess its fine.

Euphoric
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
lol you should be more patient and grateful

stinkyattic
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Plastik, good point about the 'refurbished' ballast- I wouldn't get another one from them. I'd go with a new one. I've gotten 2 new Inside Sun ballasts and one refurbished one from them. The used one works, but looks like it's been through hell and runs hot.

The new ones are just fine, but he should REALLY consider deburring the housings. I have to wear leather gloves to carry them around. OUCH.

My other HUGE complaint about them is that they don't ground their sockets. I mean, duh, that's a pretty basic thing to do. I took one apart and the ground wire had been neatly snipped flush with the housing.

My bottom line is, yes, I'll order lights from them again because they're so damn inexpensive, but never a refurbished unit.

plastik
06-27-2006, 12:45 AM
yeah forgot to say it was refurbished. I'd always trust a brand new retail item way more than a refurbished unit. The thing about it is, he told me that everything inside had been replaced brand new, OF which it had not, it was all old components. He should label them used, rather than refurbished.

RICVAGANJ
06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
OK.

Light FINALLY arrived today after alomst 20 days and TONS of back and forth.

I feel the quality is decent (I can see wires because there is some kind of mounting hole in the ballast casing, but it is a SOLID metal casing.). BUT. The customer service leaves ALOT to be desired.

plastik
07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
well you can go cheap and still grow big. just depends on the deals and all. But it's better then going expensive, and going broke..or wasting money.