PDA

View Full Version : something scary to think about...

iwantFUEGO
06-24-2006, 06:19 AM
i know its not fun to think about it, but, none the less we definately should.
so, what would you do if the cops appeared at your door? What if they didn't have a search warrant, but just asked you to come in because they had complaints from neighbors? or what if they said they got a tip from someone and they want to search the place?
I personally have been wanting to start attending NORML meetings to learn my rights but i really dont have any clue what to do in a situation like this...
PEace:stoned:

Binzhoubum
06-24-2006, 09:36 AM
If they didn't have a search warrant, I guess they would have to go get one...and while they were doing that I would get rid of any incriminating evidence...

At least for a little while...:smokin:

graph
06-24-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm not sure how accurate all of this is in accordance to laws, but this may be of some help:

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_consent1.shtml

It talks about saying no to police and such. The page just before that is this one:

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/freedom.shtml

which should give you even more insight to your rights. However, I really have to state again I'm not sure how accurate all of this information is, but if you're scared, this may be a good place to start.

Jdog7000
06-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Fuck the police coming straight from the under ground.
Young N*&%$ got it bad cause I'm brown. lol

iwantFUEGO
06-24-2006, 04:39 PM
thanks for the info graph. what scares me is ive broken the number one rule...(i couldn't help it).
i wish i hadn't. and i fog out my apartment every day so i dont know who walks by my door and smells it... thats whats scary, anonomous tips from old conservative assholes...
PEace

Garden Knowm
06-24-2006, 05:46 PM
mapquest the nearest donut shop for them

Pothead4204life
06-24-2006, 05:51 PM
DO NOT let police in...even if they have complaints or whatever....They must have a search warrant to enter your house...but if you open the door and they smell weed or if they see a big stash of weed..they have probable cause (plain view clause).....if a cop ask to search your car...dont let him..he must have a warrant or probable cause....if he smells something, see something or if a dog makes a hit....probable cause...get it????

m.g.
06-24-2006, 07:48 PM
that is correct. do not let them and always say no when asked if they can search anything without a warrant. be polite and respectful but also assertive. when they ask why tell them you're busy if in the home or you don't want to clean up the mess they leave if in the car. if possible, before they arrive at the car window put the cellphone on the dash and leave the line open, preferably to a phone with a recorder. if at home, put it in your shirt pocket and do the same thing...a recording of the scene can be of great use should the worst happen.

Jdog7000
06-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Good idea.
I'll keep my phone handy.