PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards... and to NoVa

throsp
06-23-2006, 07:15 AM
What's up,

I've been in the Northern Va (30 minutes from D.C. in the burbs) area for a few months and haven't had any luck in my search... Saw the post about Springfield mall which is close to me, but whenever I've approached people I don't know in person they look at me like I've accused them of murder. I look like a head but I dont talk with slang, so I guess they assume I'm up to no good.

So anyhow I've been looking around online for tips and this looks like a decent board with good people. Anyone have any advice, tips, info about the spots? I'm not trying to go downtown DC and risk getting caught by one of the jump-out teams...

Any help would be appreciated, take it easy everybody!

beachguy in thongs
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey, welcome to the boards. Sorry, to hear about people thinking wrong of you. I've never had that problem, around here. I've asked different people for 12 years, except for five of them. I'm, originally, from Amsterdam, N.Y.

Universer
07-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Welcome to Northern Virginia, Throsp. I am by no means new to the area but I find myself in a similar situation. I have made some attempts with mixed results, but nonetheless, I'd like to help. I've been somewhat putting together a personal consortium, so to speak, of cannabists of like culture -- not to belittle anyone, but not every pot-smoker has ripped jeans and dreds.

By the way, get down to D.C. on the Fourth. Smoke-in.org.

Hope to hear from you.

Peace.