PDA

View Full Version : My Impressions of Amsterdam

Az.
06-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I got back from Ams yesterday. I had an amazing time!
Possibly one of the best holidays I have had...

I fell in love with it....the people and the culture are absolutly amazing!
lol it was really weird because there were loads of people but there wasn't really loads of noise from the humans...kinda quite but really busy....
Everyone I spoke to there were really really nice....lol and so was the weed :)

I spent most of my time there eating ice cream and sitting around in coffee shops (went to a lot), a park and the hotel room....lol all the pics I took were taken in the hotel room
We did go out side and look around but we didn't go to any of the museams or anything....I didnt have enough money...

The weather was amazing for the entire time....reaching 31c one day.
lol the only thing I would complain about were the amount of extremely loud americans (no offence to anyone and im not being prejudice)...lol

I am actually seriously thinking about travelling there and working for a few months....of course im going to go back and have a holiday there again before I did.....but I was just wondering how hard is it to get a working Visa (do you even need one there??) and be able to rent a place in the Netherlands? Any infomation at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Here are some pics

We smoked about an Oz of some of the best weed I have smoked in my life in that week....and the hash was good too...
the last pic was taken when I left in the morning to get my train

Az.
06-19-2006, 07:21 PM
another pic....

And with every baggy we bought we saved about 1/2-1 Joint and put it in a big baggy so smoke on the last night and get really stoned.....the pic of the pile of weed on the A4 paper is what we saved and smoke the last night...

3rdEyeVision
06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
next time check out other places too, Amsterdam is such a busy fucking city, its still my favourite place too take holidays at though..... but ya next time hop on a train and explore holland more

Sauce
06-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice trip, Nice pictures. What strains did you try while visiting the coffee shops?

Az.
06-19-2006, 10:46 PM
we smoked between 5 to 9 different types of weed everyday, each ranging from 1-3 grams....

I would say we probably smoked about 30 different strains.....I made a note of each and wherewe got them from.....i will get them off my mate tomorrow and post what we smoked.....

yabatab
06-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Im jealous.....LOL

bud.dy
06-19-2006, 11:12 PM
that sounds sweet im from belgium and this summer im going there t visit my family. ill be sure to get some weed from amsterdam!!;)

PS:for the people who dont know; belgium is next to holland where amsterdam is

pce

Towelie
06-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Thats awesome man sounds like you smoked tons of good shit.

Az.
06-19-2006, 11:52 PM
I leid by the way....but the stupid thing wouldn't let me edit my message.....

but the first pic is when I was leaving in the morning....Had to walk across the entirety of the city at 3 am.....hahaha took me from then till I took this pic to get to the train station...hahaha

And the hash was amazing!! especially the bubble hash.....but it was rather expensive at e25 a gram....so I only got it once....but it was amazing!! My friend stopped smooking it because it was making feel too stoned apparently.....lol

Dr.Smokealot
06-20-2006, 01:13 AM
dam i wanna go there

Reefer Rogue
06-20-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm going there in October, which coffee shop did you like the most? That's funny about the Americans, what were they doing?

beachguy in thongs
06-20-2006, 08:06 AM
How can you get any more prejudiced?

Prejudiced Jersians.

Jay Matix
06-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Damn, sounds like you had a good time.

One day, maybe this summer, i'm gonna take a trip there, when me and a few of my friends get the money!

Az.
06-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I liked the Pink Floyd coffee shop the best.....was mellow and the people there were cool....especially the male dealer...he was very cool!
Also the Ice-O-Lator there was extremely nice!!!

We went to quite a few Coffee shops....another one I liked was Route 99 they have pool tables downstairs which was cool!

LOL
And I honestly have nothing against Americans....but about 5 times i wasbe chilling in a coffee shop reading or just relaxing and a group of noisy "humans" would walk in and really ruined the atmosphere for me....and they wern't just talking loud, it was bellowing yells and shrieks...was a little annoying.....but I didn't ask them to keep it down or anything....just ignored it and went about my own business

I wasn't meaning to bitch about Americans.....they have as much right to be there as I do....and I wasn't talking about all Americans....just the few who happened to come into the coffee shop when I was in there....lol

I wasn't able to get the list of strains and shops today.....I will deffinatly get it over the next few days and post it though....

3rdEyeVision
06-21-2006, 01:13 AM
lol imagine working in those coffee shops, what a dream thayt would be. They should make it so you can't work there unless you fail the drug tests for weed lol

prplchknz
06-21-2006, 03:48 AM
I liked the Pink Floyd coffee shop the best.....was mellow and the people there were cool....especially the male dealer...he was very cool!
Also the Ice-O-Lator there was extremely nice!!!

We went to quite a few Coffee shops....another one I liked was Route 99 they have pool tables downstairs which was cool!

LOL
And I honestly have nothing against Americans....but about 5 times i wasbe chilling in a coffee shop reading or just relaxing and a group of noisy "humans" would walk in and really ruined the atmosphere for me....and they wern't just talking loud, it was bellowing yells and shrieks...was a little annoying.....but I didn't ask them to keep it down or anything....just ignored it and went about my own business

I wasn't meaning to bitch about Americans.....they have as much right to be there as I do....and I wasn't talking about all Americans....just the few who happened to come into the coffee shop when I was in there....lol

I wasn't able to get the list of strains and shops today.....I will deffinatly get it over the next few days and post it though....

That's why I hate the majority of the people in my country. They're so loud and rude and don't give a fuck if they get in your way.

Reefer Rogue
06-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Awesome Az, that's great news to hear you talk about the Pink Floyd. That was always going to be the first place I went. Those 'humans' (lol) must've been annoying at the time but it's prob funny now thinking about it.

Az.
06-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Reefer Rogue Try the Ice-O-Lator (bubble hash) in the Pink Floyd shop.....honestly you wont be dissapointed :)

Reefer Rogue
06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
I'll def try that out Az, cheers. :thumbsup:

mashleylad27
06-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I love The Dam.
I was GIVEN a pre-packed joint by some stranger, AS i got off the train in central station, where else in the world would that happen??!!!

i sat in Speak Easy (just up from Grasshopper) for like, 8-9hours tripping my nuts off on shrooms!!!...too affraid to step out in the street. The good folks there looked after me and my friends.

Has anybody been to Katzu?? great place, number 24tram if i do recall. They had one of the biggest weed lists id seen!!! and some funky shit called Super Sage, that we stuffed all of into a HUGH tulip!!! nice.

Peace all, get yourself to the Dam.
Mash it up

LISTEN2KMK
06-21-2006, 01:40 PM
OK, its 9:36 in the morning and im very high. Reading this post makes me very happy inside of my body, lol, Im going to the Dam my senior year with a few buds. Im really looking forward to the journey, and the shrooms. Are the shrooms that are legal in the shops legal all over Holland and other places? Because i really wanted to trip on the most magic of mushrooms with my pals outside. Maybe hop on a train or something cool. I would love to trip in a museum and maybe even smoke a shit load of grass. I will try not to be an annoying American, so if i come up to anyone in the street while tripping balls just point me in the right direction to my hostel okay. lol

Az.
06-21-2006, 01:52 PM
shrooms are mostly legal around the world....
except when they have been prepared....they are ok fresh

Yeah you would be able to walk around outside tripping, just as long as you are able to control yourself and are not doing anything wrong...

Also it's illegal to smoke outside.....you can do it and the police are extremely leaniant about it and will either ask you to get rid of it or give you a fine if they catch you...but we went to a park and were sitting near a lake smoking fat joints and people must have been able to smell it, but we were out of the way, and not causing any trouble so I dont think anyone really cares.....I suppose it's kinda expected really ....alll other drugs are illegal and you will get fucked if you get caught with them.

Just respect their country and you should be fine :)

LISTEN2KMK
06-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Cool than! Yea i will go there with the highest respect for the people and culture...but like i said just point me to my hostel.

Lulu
06-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Actually Az, in Ireland effective from Tuesday 31 January this year, the law relating to mushrooms containing the psychoactive drug psilocin or an ester of psilocin - magic mushrooms â?? has been clarified to confirm that mushrooms in their raw state are banned under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977, and that their possession or sale is a criminal offence.

Not sure if the UK is the same. But here we can blame an Tánaiste and Minister for Health, Mary Harney. :(

mulltie
06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
i no peole who still sell em over the conter lulu ??:S

Reefer Rogue
06-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Actually Az, in Ireland effective from Tuesday 31 January this year, the law relating to mushrooms containing the psychoactive drug psilocin or an ester of psilocin - magic mushrooms â?? has been clarified to confirm that mushrooms in their raw state are banned under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977, and that their possession or sale is a criminal offence.

Not sure if the UK is the same. But here we can blame an Tánaiste and Minister for Health, Mary Harney. :(

Hi Lulu, I haven't seen you posting in a while. :)

Az.
06-21-2006, 11:07 PM

Yeah the same thing happened in the UK
I did actually mean to say apart from the UK and America

I didnt know the same thing had happened in Ireland though, that really sucks :(
Thanks for the info! it's good to know :)

I live in Jersey and luckily they tend to wait for the law to change in the UK and see the outcome before we change here.....so shrooms are still legal (fresh) here :)

O. G. ganja smoker
06-21-2006, 11:31 PM
hey everyone what about the visa? because i wanna mabe move there too someday

Az.
06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
hey everyone what about the visa? because i wanna mabe move there too someday

I can only find stuff about going from the US :(
Ill post the link for you.....

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/netherlands_visa.htm
http://www.learn4good.com/travel/groups/group2.htm

Az.
06-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Ok I just got a couple more pics of us smoking.....
The joints we are smoking there are pure....lol.....had to get rid of all the weed

Just thought id share them hahaha

Az.
07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Ok I got some more pics today...lol 188 of them and videos aswell...I will upload some vids a bit later but here are some pics of Amsterdam....

might have to be a few posts....I think the pictures are huge, and the quality on some of them isn't really great
Ill tell you what the not so obvious ones are

Az.
07-10-2006, 05:02 PM
and some more,

The last pic is my favorite...nothing beats waking up to a cup of english tea and a couple of grams of weed :D

I have loads more but will post some vids a bit later

First one is munchies...
Second one is a crazy space cake
Third is all the baggies we collected over the week....so I would say we smoked nearly two ounces in total

KoRnStaR
07-11-2006, 08:37 AM
so about those strains...

Az.
07-11-2006, 09:52 AM
lol yeah sorry, my mate lost the peice of paper...
but lucky we took pics of weed on the peice of paper so it was all in photos..

Just typed it up for you
What we smoked and where we smoked it
(except day 7, couldn't read that...)

Pink Floyd
Weed
Dirty Jack
Budah Sativa
Top Tits
Mothers Finest

Hash
Afghaan
Umma Gumma
Double Trouble
Ketamin Gold
Power Napal
Ice-O-Lator *****

Route 99
Weed
Jack Herrer
Orange Bud
Crystal
AK47
Bubblegum

Sheeba
Weed
White Widow

Hash
Scuff

Home Grown Fantasy
Weed
Power Plant
Purple Star
Snow White

The Doors
Weed
Afghaan Skunk
Crystal

Dolphins
Weed
Whtie Dolphin
Jamaican
Nothern Lights

Hash
Zina

Global Chillage
Weed
Bubble gum
Crystal Lady

Hash
Morrocan Brown
Morroncan Palm

Bush Doctor
Weed
Blueberry

Hash
Super Pollen

Markay
07-11-2006, 11:10 AM
You got a pic of that super pollen? I was sold some 'super pollen' over here once, would love to see if it was the real deal. Seriously stick, fairly soft, blondey color?

STDzRus
07-11-2006, 11:14 AM
hell yeah man looks like you're having a blast ^_^

RESiNATE
07-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Damn, I thought that in this thread that someone was gonna do an impressionof Amsterdam ... like Mike Yarwood, or summat

I suppose you could pile up some dead hamsters in a stream...then it'd be like, an 'amster dam...

hmmm

Az.
07-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Damn, I thought that in this thread that someone was gonna do an impressionof Amsterdam ... like Mike Yarwood, or summat

I suppose you could pile up some dead hamsters in a stream...then it'd be like, an 'amster dam...

hmmm

HAHAHHAHAHA
oh dear *shakes his head*

:thumbsup:

And no sorry no pics of the super pollen...
And to be completly honest I have no idea what it was like....we smoked a fair bit of hash and it was all very good....except the scuff...i didnt like that
But my memories from there are very few

psychocat
07-31-2006, 07:57 PM
I love the Dam but if I'm shopping for weed I go to Den Hague.

smok3y
07-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Good to hear you had a good time in Amsterdam:D
I cant wait to go there, should hopefully be going some time within the next couple of months.. A few of my friends are away there 2moro.. Lucky for them ehh.:dance:

wordddddd
07-31-2006, 08:35 PM
fuck man, youre lucky.

(im from jersey too btw)

i take it they didnt give you any trouble about being american? how much did the whole trip cost you? how long did you stay?

az666
07-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Not Jersey America, it's near England, between the UK and France

We stayed for 8 nights, and I spent about £800 in total (inc hotel and food)
I think thats about $1500

the vast majority went on weed :)

Was an amazing holiday, and I wouldn't turn down an oppourtunity to see the city again.

SonEtLumiere
01-07-2007, 04:15 PM
me and my best friend who doesnt smoke cuz its illegal are planning on going there next summer, im so excited i wanna go so bad, and hell finally smoke for his first time though he told me he wants to smoke with me here soon next time my mom is out, thatll be a great thing cuz were brotheres pretty much and id love to share the gift of the ganja with him. i told my mom my plans for the trip to the dam and she said itd be a sweet time, but we also want to go and take a visit through germany and i want to visist abunch of my family in germany.

le vallette
01-07-2007, 07:21 PM
YEAH amsterdam great city to spend time in ave been there a afew times be it some of them on stag do's last time was last year. me my wife & the nieboughrs had a great time & met good people. there is the cafe can't remember the name though that had been bags in like a shop window were you just lay there smoke and watch the world go by.
also there are other places to visit the museums like the van gough,the markets, & some good restourants.

Reefer Rogue
01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I can't wait to go again. The 'Mothers Finest' was amazing, but probably the best I smoked was super silver haze. I smoked so much though, I'll have fun tryin to top that when I go back.

The Colonel
01-09-2007, 06:38 PM
me and my best friend who doesnt smoke cuz its illegal are planning on going there next summer, im so excited i wanna go so bad, and hell finally smoke for his first time though he told me he wants to smoke with me here soon next time my mom is out, thatll be a great thing cuz were brotheres pretty much and id love to share the gift of the ganja with him. i told my mom my plans for the trip to the dam and she said itd be a sweet time, but we also want to go and take a visit through germany and i want to visist abunch of my family in germany.

i heard that cedric and omar live in germany..

latewood
01-10-2007, 04:43 AM
thanks for the description's As far as coming down on loud obnoxious americans...It's true. lolo

Did you see the Movie "Hostel"? It displayed Young Americans in that movie exactly as you described.

I owuld like to hear feedback from someone as to the possibilities of work Visas and a sabbatical in Amsterdam. peace latewood

Captain Hanks
01-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Those pics are gorgeious. I'm really looking forward to traveling there.

0range
01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
i heard that cedric and omar live in germany..

I know Omar just moved to Brooklyn but he used to live in Amsterdam, i dont know if he still does. and i dont know if Cedric lives with him

Loop
01-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Az., uahaahah you spent the whole "day 6" in bed !! :jointsmile: nice one mate ! :D

latewood
01-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Those links tell you everything you need to know from visas to insurance, registering with the Alien police...stays of +/- 3 months residence and working permits, etc.. Thanks

Oh yeah and it covers the requirements of each different country or region around the world.

Pride
01-16-2007, 12:10 AM
so what are the prices of weed?