PDA

View Full Version : What are symptoms of fert poisoning

latewood
06-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I have gotten real sick lately, not mentioning symptoms, because I don't want to color info from peers.

The only difference aside from liquid nutes is I have been handling soil with compost...and dolomitic lime...perlite...
for summer soil grow

any info would be helpful...

L3G10N
06-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Are you still feeling sick? Or were sick? How long did it last? Where i live there was a bad virus going around and everyone was getting sick. My wife caught it from a womans meeting she went to from another woman that said her son was sick. Then my daughter got it not 24 hours later, and everyone who stepped into my home got it... and people who came in contact with anyone who had been in my home, it spread like wildfire. Im lucky it passed me, i think i might have been a carrier. But everywhere i turned i heard someone talking about it. Symptoms are pretty much nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever.

m.g.
06-18-2006, 06:15 PM
unless you're soaking your hands in the solution, eating/smoking tainted bud or using the ferts as suppositories i see no way for it to get in your body...

what kind of 'sick'?

Jdog7000
06-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Are you still feeling sick? Or were sick? How long did it last? Where i live there was a bad virus going around and everyone was getting sick. My wife caught it from a womans meeting she went to from another woman that said her son was sick. Then my daughter got it not 24 hours later, and everyone who stepped into my home got it... and people who came in contact with anyone who had been in my home, it spread like wildfire. Im lucky it passed me, i think i might have been a carrier. But everywhere i turned i heard someone talking about it. Symptoms are pretty much nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever.

Sounds like fun...lol
I've been sick like that.

elcheapo
06-18-2006, 11:26 PM
I remember a few years back someone got sick and died from Legionnaire's disease after exposure to a bag of potting soil.
http://healthgate.partners.org/browsing/LearningCenter.asp?fileName=11709.xml&title=Legionnaire's%20Disease
Also much more unlikely is Anthrax.
http://www.astdhpphe.org/infect/anthrax.html

Then again it's probably just a virus going around. Wear gloves and a dust mask if you continue to handle soils and perlite just in case.

latewood
06-19-2006, 03:52 AM
thanks guys...I think it was a local viral thing...'ol lady said symptoms, similar to hers, recently.

It was like the beginning of flu, or food poisoning, but that is not likely. you know how your knees start ot ache and you cannot get comfortable. about 3 days now...mostly at night. I get a fever and that persistent aching. then last night a slight headache. that's why I thought i might've inhaled dust from the potting soil at the farm. peace latewood

Jdog7000
06-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Are you changing any medication?
It sounds like Opiate withdrawls.

latewood
06-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't take medication's I am a naturalist...My new website hygronomics.com is all about living and growing and living and building a green environment, Off the grid.
In a modern commune; So to speak.

ps. on the sickness...2 things that came to mind...I have a couple absessed teeth, that need addressing, and it might have been a Kidney infection, that slipped my mind...but kidnet infection, has the same type systems, as I recall from last time. peace, thanks for all your concerns

ps.2 hygronomics dot, is still under construction, so you can't see anything yet...peace

latewood
06-19-2006, 05:47 PM
oh, yeah...I've been out of primo a week...maybe that's your withdrawal...Jdog...Co-op was gonna take care of me, but My main man is gone now...If you know what I mean.

I might have to go out and visit the Jamaican's...on the street.

Garden Knowm
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
hey latewood..

while I was out chasing storms.. (just got back yesterday) i saw a sicknes that I have never seen before.. the otrher two guys on the crew got it...

It was 5 days of pissing out their ass.. and puking.. they thought it was food poisoning... I have never seen food poisoning last so long...

they had odd fevers and temperature fluxuations....

but the most notable symptom was pissing out their ass. .. they were both afraid to eat.. cause eating was always the catalyst for the nasea and pooping...

We traveled in Texas, Montanna, Nebraska, Idaho, Wyoming, Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota and maybe a couple more states..

I thought the sickness was very strange.. it tried to get me.. but I dodged it.. I have a very strict diet and I think this helped fight it... i had a bad fever one night and that's it.. I thnnk I burned it off..

I really hope you come back strong.. eat lots of fruit and drink shit loads f water... I personally take 1000mg of vitamin C every 2 hours.. 12 hours a day.. with 12 ounces of water,,, whenever I sense a sickness coming near me...

iloveyou

HapaPride
06-19-2006, 06:39 PM
i was just thinking about the same ? not too long ago....

1 day all of a sudden something just hit me... i was grocery shopping with my fiance and i started to get really dizzy, my vision started to blurr a little and my hearing became impared. I felt like i was on drugs, like i was on the ouitside looking in... i was able to hear things going on around me but almot like i wasnt there, like they could not see me.

i literally felt like i was just going to fall and pass out. had some heat flashes, didnt know what was happening, i couldnt walk straight or anything.

so i thought maybe it was from some bud that we smoked, like there were checmicals or something. Strange enough.... a couple of days later the same exact thing happened to my fiance when we were at the post office. he grabbed ahold of my arm really tite and said he felt like he was going to pass out and had the same exact symtoms as i me.

till this day cant figure out what happen.... but it has to be something in common between the 2 of us. then i thought about my plants, maybe something with soils or nutrients....

i would still be interested in hearing what symtoms are of fert poisoning if anyone knew

the image reaper
06-19-2006, 07:37 PM
if you are around a lot of dampness, mildew, molds, or fungi, etc., you can get a BAD case of bronchitis ... been there, done that ... :(

latewood
06-20-2006, 03:33 AM
1st...you all bring a tear to my eye!:sadcrying
Next...Knowmy...the screaming Ass pissing is generally attributed to a bad water supply...You being on the anal side...LOL get it? :glugglug: Anal side!...Just kidding, but your regimen might've saved you...Did you have your own liquids?

Hapa. I think one of you got a virus, and it took 2 days for it to catch up with you.;)

I have some mold problems that need to be addressed...:(

Again, Thanks all for the concern.:)

Garden Knowm
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I was drinking sams club water...
and shit loads of cherry coke,, which I normaly never drink (cola)...

: )

ANAL.... :(

LOL

latewood
06-20-2006, 06:17 PM
So, I was right. what about all the sick people? what did they drink?
I just meant, you seem to have a regimen for everything.
Plus it fit the joke.:D Something tells me, that you just are not going to drink out of a cow spigot in the middle of some field.:smokin: