PDA

View Full Version : Shrooms

Bro DZ
09-25-2004, 03:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any links or info on the active ingredient in shrooms, sylocibin or whater the heck it is. I've heard that this stuff is actually a pretty deadly poison that attacks you cerebral cortex and thats what makes you trip. Unfortunaetly the kid that told me this is a freakin moron who dropped out of school in the seventh grade and tweaks, so I don't trust a word that comes outta his scabby face.

eXploit
09-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Shrooms are completely non-toxic. The only real danger with them is picking and eating the wrong ones. :rolleyes:

gjayde
09-26-2004, 09:42 AM
bro r u sure they r non-toxic??? i always thought they were...

Niftyfifty
09-26-2004, 06:09 PM
If you take too much of even the right kind of shroom it can be dangerous. A place to go learn more about shrooms and many other entheogens is erowid.com. By the way, you're smart for not taking a tweak's word... I've never met an honest tweaker in my life and this town is crawling with 'em.

mellow mood
09-27-2004, 12:14 AM
shrooms=food intoxication.yes they are toxic but not too dangerous if took like 1 or 2 times per month. actually youll just end up with few less cells. lol. watch out cauz badtrips are really freaky. what make you hallucinate is that the air is partially cutted to the brain. sorry bad english

Bro DZ
09-27-2004, 12:36 AM
yeah, bad trips are freaky. I sold an eigth to one of my younger friends... and he munched it all on the spot even though i told him to eat half. Three hours later he's in his boxers, soaked with vomit, urine and some water and howling like a madman ontop of his moms minivan. My brother pinned his ass in his front yard until he calmed down and passed out, then we carried him to my friends garage and put him in a sleeping bag and then I sat right next to him for another couple hours while he was gibbering like a psycho until he finally asked me where his clothes where. Later he told us he thought we where all demons and he was in hell. Sounded pretty tight to me, but he couldent handle it.

Phresh as it Gets
09-27-2004, 03:51 AM
dont ever listen to those people who do drugs and tell you that they are deadly, my "friend" says that more than an eighth of shrooms will kill you, it wont, just messes you up mentally for a while, and im not making it up, but there has never been a recorded death of hallucinagen use (besides gettin really messed up and wander off a building or something)

Sam
09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Psilocybin and the other psychedelic drugs, including LSD are some of the least toxic chemicals known to medicine. The only danger is mental-some people don't cope well with psychedelics.

Bro DZ
09-27-2004, 10:38 PM
are you serious!?!?!?!? :eek:
Does that eorwid site give info that supports that statement? that sounds too good to be true! (but i really hope your not lying to me :D )

Jimmicrackedcorn
10-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeh you'd have to eat a stupid amount of acid/shrooms to die directly from the drug, shrooms is something like 19.6g of pure psilocybin to die, which equates to a FUCKLOAD of shrooms, even this is supposed to be lower than the actual amount needed to kill a human and it only takes about 20+mg for a powerful trip.
LSD is the same aswell taking about 80-240 tabs (dependant on the potency) would theoretically lead to death, but again this number is supposed to be much lower than the actual dosage required.
And where did you hear about the only reason you trip is because oxygen gets cut off from the brain??? Have you got a link for that? cuz if its true thats sum scary shit

Sam
10-02-2004, 06:10 PM
You trip via a pretty simple mechanism. Your brain is full of the neurotransmitter seretonin. Structurally the seretonin molecule is similar to pshychedelics like psiolcybin and LSD. So similar in fact that your brain mistakes the psychedelic molecules for its own seretonin which obviously causes a lot of [harmless] changes in your brain chemistry, which then affects your perception of the world. The changes in brain chemistry are also temporary, with no evidence to show long term effects.

Many drugs are involved with seretonin. THC binds to your seretonin molecules, while MDMA changes your seretonin receptors.

Other drugs work via different interactions. Cocaine interferes with the neurotransmitter dopamine, whil the opiates such as heroine are very similar in structure to your endorphins.

recneps
10-09-2004, 03:26 AM
i seconed this post^^^^