PDA

View Full Version : how to choose the correct sumbmersible pump

dude76
09-24-2004, 04:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

If I wanted to build an ebb and flow table, how would I go about picking out a sumbmersible pump? Also, what are the different types available? I have heard of mag drive pumps, but I am sure there are others. What are some advantages and disadvantages of these pumps? I will not be using the ebb and flow table until sometime next year. But, I want to purchase everything this winter. I will be building it very early next year. I found a few sites selling land very cheap. I found 5 acres in the middle of no-where for 3 grand. Im still in the process of making sure they are legit. This place has no electricity,water, or anything. I hope it is for real.

Peace and happiness to all,
Dude

Dimebag
09-24-2004, 02:56 PM
You should buy a fountain pump. If you have a small ebb and flow system then use a 79gph an up pump. Larger ones might require 2000gph! But fountain pumps are truley the best for the job. make sure you dont buy bilge pumps, the mag dive you've mentioned or any other pump for eb and flow. Utility pumps are also good for bigger jobs. I bought my 200 gph pump on ebay for 10 bucks. Just make sure that you buy a pump that has the correct outlet size so you can fit some tubing to your ebb & flow. Heres a link some one gave me for pumps http://www.altgarden.com/site/pumps/page1.html

Dimebag
09-24-2004, 03:11 PM
actually mag drive pumps are ok to use. my bad.