PDA

View Full Version : My friend

onwardthroughthefog
06-10-2006, 03:30 AM
The other day I kind of shared about my buddy who is suffering from cancer. I found out tonight that he's been moved to the hospice. It seems that his condition was much worse than he had even told his wife. His wife came home this morning to find him on the floor, unable to get up. He was up an walking just a week ago, but this round of chemo has really beaten him up.

I'm afraid that this will be his last few days at most. How incredibly sad for such a good man. He's never smoked anything in life, never drank liquor, never done much of anything bad, but came down with this cancer in his throat that has spread throughout his body.

The call I got tonight from my best buddy said that our friend is unable to have visitors now, and is just waiting in a semi-conscious state. This is going to be really rough on his wife and kids. I'm so glad he got to spend this past two weeks at home with his kids.

Everyone take a moment and give your spouse and kids an extra big hug. I know we all take the people we love for granted far too often, but when things like this hit people who are so young, it's a real slap in the face reminder.

Take care all and enjoy your families this weekend.
Onward!

birdgirl73
06-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Thank you for the update, Onward, and the reminder to value our families and use our time wisely and lovingly. Bless his heart and that of his family. You are such a nice man. Have a wonderful weekend yourself!

Sauce
06-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Onward,

Your really a great person for caring for your friend, My prayers are with you him and his family. Keep your head up man and stay strong

onwardthroughthefog
06-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys. It's nice to know that even though we're anonymous here, I have some new friends to share with.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy life!
Onward!

bssman
06-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I will certainly pray for his family. And give mine a special hug today. Thanks onward for the reminder of what really matters.