PDA

View Full Version : hey ya'll - from S.E. Texas

dobiepaq
06-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Hello ya'll
Thought I'd intro myself on the Tex. board also. I'm a 45yr. old bread & born Texan. I was born in "Big D"(Oakcliff to be exact), @ 31 yrs I came down to SE Tex. to visit my sister & I loved the area so much I saw a camp house(house on the river)that no one was living in, talked to owner, got a job, moved in & didn't look back, been here ever since! I love it! Anyway, some how or another I have like 3-5ft plants around my porch(they were this size when I noticed them) its like someone just threw some seeds off the porch & they took root, amazing! Well now I dont have the 1st clue on how to maintain these gifts of God so if you all have any comments, input, or just want to chat please feel free to drop a line.
I'm going to try to get a pic & post it, the only thing i know about this plant is it smells like a skunk but other than that I dont know if its male or female or how old it is(maybe a month or so??)
thx
M.

LovelyTasha
06-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I had the same thing happen in my boyfriend's backyard. One day in early to mid winter we had to get rid of a plate of seeds..so we chunked them in the yard. Come Spring we noticed these little plants starting to grow. Once we got a look at the leaves we knew undoubtedly what it was. It killed us to do it, but we had to kill them. Not something you want in your backyard when you live in a busy city like Arlington. Would've been great to let them grow and harvest.

Definitely post pics!!

<3

Torog
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Howdy dobiepaq,

Welcome ! :) Glad to have someone from my generation,join us here:) ,I'm almost 47 myself:stoned:

That is mighty purty country down there,but too humid for me ! lol I live up here in north central Texas,west of Fort Worth,south of Possum Kingdom lake.

As for them plants that ya got,I reckon that keeping the bugs off of em,is yer main priority right now,they won't be ready for harvest,till about the first frost. To tell the males from females,look for growths that look like a cluster of grapes,where the flowers normally are,take down the ones ya find like that,they are the males. Keep an eye on em and water them if they look too droopy or the leaves git yellow,in which case,you should feed them with some fertilizer,like Shultz 20-20-20,and when the flowers start showing up,switch to a fert,formulated for flowering,till about 10 days before they are finished,then just give em plain water to flush out the ferts. It would be best to use water with a ph of 6.8 or so,you can git some ph test strips for pools,at wally-world and they will give ya an idea of the ph,total solids and chlorine. Tap water should sit out for a day,for the chlorine to evaporate,as ya want to keep them levels low too.

If have anymore questions,just give me a holler :thumbsup:

Have a good one ! :stoned: