PDA

View Full Version : Vaporizers

PAGETURNER420
06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Since, I am now living in the close quarters of the townhouse communities. I think, I need a Vaporizer. Has anyone tried one? Where is the best place to buy one I want to stay away from mail order. Are there head shops in Alexandria ?

Paige

binger
10-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi,

Late response, I know, but I just got one myself. Very pleased with it! I got the Volcano system. Little pricey, but I was able to pick it up locally at Charlie Brown's (WV). I wrote up a whole review in another thread here -
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=84093

Universer
10-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Hey, PT, how've you been? We've communicated over e-mail -- nothing further to report, regrettably -- and I'm wondering how you've been doing. Snap me an e when you get a chance.

Binger's advice is correct: vaporizers can be pricey but are quite worth it, particularly for the circumstances you describe. And Charlie Brown's in Charles Town is where I requisitioned my own vape.

I don't know of a head shop in Alexandria, per se, but I've seen rumors on this board of such a place in Arlington, along U.S. 50, at a BP station. Unconfirmed, but worth a look, as that would be much, much closer to your domicile.

And you, Sir Binger: I hope you're well as well. I'm sorry for your recent loss, but as mentioned, I have nothing further to report -- not from lack of trying, I thee assure. Keep me posted as your occupational circumstances evolve!

Developments and growth are coming along nicely, but we're continually looking for members and advice: www.VirginiaNORML.org. E-mail me to get direct info and for the e-mail address for the Director of Communications. Let's get activistic!

Peace and love....

binger
10-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey Universer,

All going well here ... except the supply part. I went out and bought that vaporizer after someone hooked me up with a couple buds, and my supplier just contacted me (after his month long vacation) saying that he was back and ready. Well, that was a week & a half ago, and the couple buds could only be stretched for so long (even with the vaporizer), and the supplier has been stringing me along ever since. I wrote to him a couple times, only to be told it'll be 'tomorrow'. I've just given up on that. Now I have a pricey vaporizer, and nothing to enjoy it with. That's ok, soon (and when I say soon, I mean several months) I can leave my days behind me, of dealing with suppliers with crappy stock and horrible customer service. I realize the biz is never guaranteed. However, for regulars, you should be communicative, and not misleading.

I'm going to set out on my own venture. Still considering which lights (T5 or HPS) and which hydro (ebb and flow, or airoponics). I'm also waiting for seeds. Advertising said 5 business days, but I'm on day 10, and still hearing that they are on the way. Fortunately, I need to practice, and have some bag seed to work on until the 'good' stuff arrives. I wish I had checked on the seed bank reviews before I ordered. :o

I've been thinking about getting involved with NORML, but need to hold off a bit. Got a move coming up .... yep, I'm returning to VA, finally! :dance:

Good luck with your search! If you're still looking by the time I'm set up, maybe we can work something out.

herbgirl13
10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I just bought the volcano vaporizer on ebay for about 440 with shipping. It was worth every penny/

Universer
10-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Binger: Sorry to learn of your plight, but sadly what you describe is all too common, especially around these parts. When I live in the relative solitude of northern British Columbia, things will not be so, but on the mid-eastern coast of NeoConAmerica, 'tis.

I too have decided to make my own, using bag seeds. So far I have seeds with little white roots. I'm going to guess my way through the rest. I was tragically born without green thumbs, so we shall see. Let's compare notes as our respective situations evolve.

A fellow VirginiaNORMLer and I met just tonight to discuss strategy. We have some great ideas and plan some interesting things, like lobbying city and county councils to pass ordinances directing law enforcement to make cannabis possession their lowest priority. We also want to do posters, flyers, information tables, letters to editors, and generally promulgate the notion that cannabis -- not "marijuana," a Mexican slang term used in demonization to the point of common parlance -- is, well, NORML.

We are also gaining contacts in Roanoke, Charlottesville, Hampton Roads and Richmond, as well as the many many interested parties in Northern Virginia, so it really is shaping up to be commonwealth-wide.

He also showed me the latest version of the website. I've been posting VirginiaNORML.org, but actually vanorml.org is a prettier and more official version.

It's all a work in progress, but we're looking for members and help, so join in the merriment and mirth. I'm at [email protected], and he's at [email protected].

binger
10-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi herbgirl,

I'm envious of your price. I was a little too impulsive seeing it there in my local shop. I still believe it's worth the cost, but would have certainly liked to have saved a couple hundred for something to use it with.

I'm just weary of anything like this through the mail, and even more through eBay. My recent seed bank experience has just reinforced that feeling. I liken mail purchases to those lessons I learned when I was young and naive, that you don't hand over money unless you can see the product right then and there.

Where can you turn when your purchase of something of this nature falls through :( ..... another issue associated with the legal status of all of this.

Happy vapping! :stoned:

binger
10-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi Universer,

I took a look at the new VANORML.ORG site and saw a few areas that I may be able to contribute. However, I can't dedicate much time right now, given my upcoming move (about 3 weeks away). Are there any meetings planned? Maybe I can drop by one of those and see what I can fit in.

Universer
10-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Binger,

The best thing is to e-mail Ed at [email protected] and let him know of your interest and in what ways you can contribute to the effort. Obviously, with any of us, we can only do what we can do, but every bit helps, and of course we need numbers. We'll eventually get to a critical mass -- we just need to get there. So contact Ed.

Thanks!

Univrsr

mynameisdave
10-18-2006, 03:43 PM
whoever mentioned the bp station.. i dont think they would sell vaps. its a very small store, they have alot of little metal pipes, some hookahs, and papers and stuff, but last time i went i didnt see anything else. i heard from a friend though that they keep the glass bongs and bubblers either under the counter or in the back so you have to ask.