PDA

View Full Version : Cutting roots?

draykcabsdog
09-20-2004, 05:20 PM
So I have 6 Bubblegum and 6 AK-48 going right now and I want to transplant all 12 into different containers. The problem is the roots are currently intertwined with other net pots and it is nearly impossible to detangle them. Would it be alright to cut some roots so I could successfully transplant all of them into their respective containers? :confused: BTW they are two weeks and 3 days old. They are on 24/7 lighting.

Thanks in advance,
ybg

Tech
09-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Cut em with steralised scissors and obviously do as little damage as posable.

imagoober
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
i agree with tech, do it as soon as you cant dont let them get worse and remember there probly going to look sick for a while from the stress dont over fert or water to compensate just let the recover!

Dimebag
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Get surgical scissors found in first aid kits in some pharmacies, these are cheap and guarenteed sterile. They are made of surgical steel and the blades are sharp and small so you can cut with surgical precision. When youre done with them, toss em in a clean jar of rubbing alcohol for later use.

heartsurgerysurviver
09-23-2004, 01:42 PM
From what I have learned, put in 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water in your hydro set up. It will add oxygen to the water and help out with the stress the plants will be going through.
peace
heart

notanovice
09-26-2004, 12:56 PM
dont cut the thick root, it`s the tap root and will cause the plant to die. the small, hairy roots can be trimmed from the rootball with no ill effects. as long as you DONT trim all of em to nothing. just be careful not to damage the tap root

keywestcathy
10-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Wow...you are getting some great information here, especially the part about the tap root.
When trimming roots and transplanting, I would flush system 1st with ph adjusted water before reintroducing ferts.
bekind/Coloradojane
www.growweed.com