PDA

View Full Version : Uranium: Deja DU: The Agent Orange of Eterenity

Ed Ward MD
09-19-2004, 08:14 AM
According to the U.S. government and affiliated agencies, Depleted Uranium (DU) is a safe, cheap and effective material. The illnesses of our soldiers and any civilians, after a thorough investigation by the government regarding government actions, are all imagined, the lies of the those that support our enemies. The result of post traumatic stress syndrome, or are no more common than what would be encountered in the general public. The exact same story told to the soldiers returning from Vietnam with similar devastating effects from the government's unbridled use of dioxin in that country.
The government merely turned on the word processors, highlighted Vietnam, dioxin, trees, and defoliant, and hit the global replace to substitute Iraq, DU, tanks and weapon. Viola! Presto! Shezaam! The new intensive study was formulated, written, completed and the finding was the same. "Spin" anything not proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Ignore, classify or delete anything showing a possible correlation. Deny treatment, clean up and responsibility. Who knew? Who could have figured? After intensive review of all information that does not show the substance to be unsafe, the substance in question is undoubtedly, unquestionably, irrefutably and undeniably SAFE!

On April 19, 2001, the U.S. government signs a global treaty to ban the existence of dioxin from the face of the earth. In the words of the Environmental Protection Agency Administrator, Christie Whitman, dioxin is responsible for cancer, central nervous system damage, immune system disruptions, and reproductive disorders. Bush stated, "These pollutants are linked to developmental defects, cancer and other grave problems in humans and animals." "The risks are great, and the need for action is clear." Dioxin was banned as a toxin, not only because of the effects, because of the substance's "persistence", that can lead to high concentrations and increased risk from continued exposure. In some instances dioxin may be able to survive for 30 years, usually, 10 to 15 years if not in direct sunlight. The time it takes for one half the amount of DU present to break down, the half life, is 4.5 BILLION years. That's the good news. The bad news is that the elements into which it breaks down are more dangerous than the original element.

Are there 2 different dioxins with the same chemical structure, attributes and name? This is the same dioxin that our government, after intensive investigation of their actions, found to be safe and had no correlation to the "mental delusions" of our Vietnam veteran's illnesses. This is the same dioxin in which our Vietnam veterans swam, laid, breathed and then spawned mutated chromosomal aberrations of children that had no correlation to that exposure, according to our government's thorough evaluation. Yet, 17 years after our government proved it "safe" in the following study. They suddenly realized it needs to be banned from existence. How many years earlier could this banning have been done, had the government not falsified data, ignored relevant data and stonewalled any attempts to retrieve relevant information? Our government did this to deny culpability and compensation. The lives, health, people and the begetting of abominations of nature were of little or no concern when it came to self protection of themselves and a system that has become a plague. These actions are not based on America's principles, but, the actions of a government gone awry with power.

In 1984 an Air Force government study, The Health Effects of Agent Orange on Vietnam War Veterans, which announced a "reassuring" study that showed there were no ill health problems as compared to the normal veteran. This study was used to deny veterans compensation for legitimate claims and the government from legitimate liability. The author urges the reader to take the previous link to a fine article dealing with the study. The article shows how the cover-up was initiated, the falsified data, the unlikely retrieval of the true data and the subsequent lack of release of the true data to the media. The comparisons to the present day investigations are almost identical. The denial of danger, the difference in independent and government studies, a falsifying of government data and, finally, after the danger was shone, the denial of a correlation of the illness and cause of the illness to the veterans. It almost appears that there is a script for dealing with government atrocities committed on the soldiers and civilians that have been harmed or killed.

In the latest Department of Defense "Briefing on Depleted Uranium", because there is so much "misinformation out there", the public is told "facts" that defy basic logic, "spin" logic and outright lies.

DU, even without radioactivity, is a toxic element that is classified as a heavy metal. DU and natural Uranium (U), like lead, has no usage inside the body and is toxic. Uranium is assimilated in the body much like lead. U and DU will incorporate into the liver, bone and testes. Like all heavy metals, even without radiation it causes cancer. There is no doubt that alpha particles are the strongest cancer causing particles emitted by radiation. Small amounts of Uranium are everywhere in an approximate range of 1 part per million. Over millions of years, evolution has given beings the ability to withstand small amounts of toxins that are common. Evolution did not give us the ability to ingest more than the usual amounts. Even nontoxic, necessary substances, that are required for life, when given in a dosage of 5 to 10 times the normal amount, do not make your health better. Usually, it will just make you dead.

Dr. Doug Rokke, a nuclear health physicist that headed a group of 100 men to salvage equipment in Iraq after the 1991 war, is a strong advocate for the ban of DU in weaponry. Rokke has a myriad of illnesses related to that experience which include kidney and lung damage, brain lesions, chronic fatigue, body pain and skin lesions. After 11 years, thirty (30) percent of his crew is dead. The reader is urged to look at this fine article with many references showing the effects and conflicting governmental information.

Continued with working links at:
http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/04/09/07/ward.htm

Ed :cool:

Ed Ward MD
09-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Screw the suffering and dead Sinsless, we need more fun on this board. I'm sure you can get a few chuckles out of this huh?

Ed

cryote
09-19-2004, 10:24 AM
http://www.cannabinoid.com/boards/politics/media/54/54649.jpg

http://www.cannabinoid.com/boards/politics/media/67/67090.jpg

Lulu
09-19-2004, 11:39 AM
http://www.cannabinoid.com/boards/politics/media/54/54649.jpg

http://www.cannabinoid.com/boards/politics/media/67/67090.jpg
Maybe you could have warned me of the nature of those pics :(
Extremely upsetting stuff

Libertarian Toker
09-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Maybe you could have warned me of the nature of those pics :(
Extremely upsetting stuff

He loves to exploit those dead baby's for his cause, and to upset people with them. Cryote is a special kind of person. He knows that most of his arguments are lacking in any reality, so he adds in the pics to try and drum up support for his cause. It's an old trick he's been using for a long time. They are the same pics he's been using for years. I wonder why he can't get any new ones with all this fucked war going on everywhere?

Toker

Libertarian Toker
09-19-2004, 01:53 PM
"Screw the suffering and dead Sinsless, we need more fun on this board. I'm sure you can get a few chuckles out of this huh?"

I'm thinking your method of getting your causes word out is not working. You may need to refine it just a bit. It looks more like your just out to pick a fight then anything else. If that's the case, I'm all for it. You shouldn't pretend to be some kind of activist though, it makes you look like your more about you then you are about your cause. Personaly, I think the only cause you have is to promote yourself as some kind of hero for your cause, which is to promote yourself. In that I think you may be doing a very good job. Check this out, your posting a few copy and past articals won't change the world one bit, and neither will mine. Lighten up a little bit, and have some fun. The world is not going to fall apart if you laugh a little.

Toker

Sinsemilla Jones
09-19-2004, 05:08 PM
:rolleyes:
Not much of an attack.

Senseless, is what he was going for I think, but like in his other writings, he got overly clever and obscured what he was trying to say.

Here's another. Fell free to use it.

Sinse probably makes no cents, since he makes no sense.

Or how about,

How ironic, that someone who goes by the name Sinsemilla would try to plant a seed of knowledge.

He's just mad, because Badnarik is beating him 3 votes to one.:p
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=5319

Screw the suffering and dead Sinsless, we need more fun on this board. I'm sure you can get a few chuckles out of this huh?

Dead Word M(otherfucking) D(umbass) Now, THAT's how to make fun of a name.;)

Yep, there's a lot of really nasty shit going on in the world.

I'm not ignoring it, but our leaders are.

The only power I have to change it, is to change myself and to advocate change.

I believe the biggest change that could alleviate the most suffering, by providing the individuals of the Earth with unequaled medicine, nutrition, and raw materials, would be the complete world-wide legalization of cannabis/hemp/marijuana.

But if you put the weight of the world on your shoulders, it can cripple your ass.

The world is a lot easier to handle, if you lighten it up.

Now, THAT's how to be clever.
You can thank me later for putting some meat on your lame ass thread.

Ed Ward MD
10-06-2004, 09:56 PM
H :( :( :( :( :( :(

sawleaf
10-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Wow, it is too bad that Depleted Uranium is so fucked up. I'm sure we can find a less dangerous alternative for our armour piercing ammo. But that shit will tear through a tank like it was made of tissue paper.

pisshead
10-07-2004, 03:25 AM
there's kids of vets from gulf war I being born with all kinds of deformities from DU, just like those pictures. it's bad stuff. and we're using a fuck of a lot more of it this time around.

it's very angering.

Ed Ward MD
10-07-2004, 05:29 AM
It's not only our soldiers. Several million citizens of several nations have been exposed. Iraq has a Massive increase in deformities and cancer since the first bombing. Much more was used the second time around.

Ed :cool: :(

Ed Ward MD
10-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yep. There is a replacement made of Tungston. 3 problems with it. It is hundreds of times more expensive than DU shells. It is about 90 something percent as effective. Where would the US government dump the Millions of Tons of it that are sitting in America?

Ed :(

sawleaf
10-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yep. There is a replacement made of Tungston. 3 problems with it. It is hundreds of times more expensive than DU shells. It is about 90 something percent as effective. Where would the US government dump the Millions of Tons of it that are sitting in America?

Ed :(

Oh that's right. I do remember using AP rounds with tungsten penetrators! I know they are not even close to the effectiveness of DU though. Tungsten can still mushroom and fail to penetrate thicker armour, while DU self-sharpens itself. But I am sure there are alternatives that can be found. We don't need a weapon that harms our troops as well. I am all for keeping DU in our main battle tanks for armour though.

Ed Ward MD
10-07-2004, 03:32 PM
if I remember right. actually, very little 'penetrating' on DU rounds. They ignite from the pressure and burn through (like a cutting torch) rather than push or penetrate through. Between 30 and 70 percent of the DU, depending on thickness and toughness of what is hit, aerosolizes. 2000 tons used in Iraq. that would make about 1000 tons of aerosol. food, water, air, plants, animals. nothing escapes. Aerosols typically travel around 50 to 100 miles before settling, if ever. millions of tons stored in America. it's a waste product of reactors. Agree, keep the damn things In tanks. Not shot out of them. The war was based on lies. The war is Unconstitutional (war seems to be reserved for a direct attack against this nation, still checking info on that). Get the tanks back over here and keep the damn DU in them

Ed