PDA

View Full Version : A Vote on LEGALIZING POT

Lester Burnham
09-19-2004, 05:26 AM
Hey Everyone, I live up in Alaska. The cannibis laws up here are kinda complicated. Medical pot here is legalized. It is legal for an adult to posses up to 4 ounces in their house but buying or selling is illegal. This November though there is a proposition on the ballet to legalize the purchase of Marijuana. It would be controlled much like alchohol is now. I've even seen several commercials supporting this prop. I don't know how much of a chance this prop has of passing..... but legalization has to start somewhere. I also don't know who the Feds will handle this either since the laws would contradict themselves even more than they already do here. I just thought people should know it just might happen!

Ed Ward MD
09-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Lester,

It could. Alaska seems to be in the forefront of personal rights. It's a good start. Best wishes for your hopefully soon success.

Ed

Alison Myrden
10-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Hey Lester, Doc and everyone.... :-)

We are trying to Legalize Cannabis in Canada at this time as well... Congratulations for being so Educated this far !!!

At the moment I am one of almost 800 people in the Country with the LEGAL right to smoke and grow my own Marijuana up to my limit on my Prescription of 12-20 grams a day. I purchase off the street alot as the strain the helps a nasty pain in my face is very difficult to get otherwise...This will change once we LEGALIZE.

Check out our Website at www.themarijuanamission.com and bookmark us today... ;-D

Good luck with your Legalization in Alaskaand everywhere else , you know we are on you side... :-*

Love and a Squish,
Alison Myrden
Federal Medical Marijuana Exemptee in Canada
The Medical Marijuana Mission
www.themarijuanamission.com
Member of L.E.A.P. -
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
www.leap.cc

RoguePoet28
11-02-2004, 02:10 AM
I still can't figure out why Alaska seems to be open minded about pot, yet is considered a "Red State" and is considered to be conservative. What gives? I hope the bill passes, but as you note, the Federal govt will not be happy about it, and Ass-croft is likely to try and stop it somehow...

I do hope Canada does legalize it...but there again, the US is trying to stop a soverign nation make up it's own mind and to have it's own laws...

Sinsemilla Jones
11-02-2004, 02:52 AM
True conservatives who believe in the Constitution, individual rights, balanced budgets, etc.:)

And the neo-conservative, commie-nazi types who believe in the opposite, but proclaim to believe in the former to get votes.:mad:

Alaskans, and most other Republicans, are the former, but don't realize the extent to which their party has been taken over by the later.:eek:

The polls show that there is a very good chance that Alaska will become the first state to legalize marijuana and regulate it like alcohol.:D

psilocybin
11-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Libertarians believe the most in the Constitution compared to the either of the two mainstream parties. They believe the following:

In crafting the Bill of Rights, the framers carefully acknowledged two key truths:
1. The first is that government does not grant rights-it acknowledges them
2. The second is that government is a servant to whom we delegate powers, not a master who dispenses privileges

Not too surprizing Alaska has this vote on the ballot, from what I heard Michael Badnarik (Libertarian candiate for President) is pretty high (no pun intended) on the polls there. Let's hope (and pray) that the drug reform can start in Alaska and spread to every state in the US!!!!

Vantage
11-03-2004, 12:32 AM
I hope they can legalize it here in quebec we have the biggest weed supply in canada i think...thats what i heard on the radio :D.

koshea
11-03-2004, 03:37 AM
yo did it pass?

MRB041
11-03-2004, 08:51 PM
thats what i wanna know, iv been waitin for like 6 months for this.......

Sinsemilla Jones
11-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Dammit.:(

MRB041
11-03-2004, 09:22 PM
how do u know? Got a link for an article?

LonerStoner
11-03-2004, 09:29 PM
On the plus side, Montana passed the med MJ bill on our ballot, by 2/3 of the vote!

Lester Burnham
11-05-2004, 07:53 AM
It didn't pass like they said b4 but it wasnt killed, im sure it will come again and just hope it passes eventually. And yeah AK does tend to vote Republican but i consider myself libertarian. I think Alaskans think alot more indepedantly and just hate far left on quite a few issues like ANWAR, Most ALaskans are for it and The Dems would never open it, of course the Replicans are no picnic either, I hate the far right relgious zealots. anyways im getting of subject and im tired so peace out

Lester Burnham
11-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Here I got this of a local News Website http://www.ktuu.com/alaska_election/results.asp

Ballot Measure 2 -- 439 of 439 precincts reporting (100%)
Legalize Marijuana
This bill would remove civil and criminal penalties under state law for persons 21 years or older who grow, use, sell, or give away marijuana or hemp products. State or local government could not require a permit or license for personal cultivation or distribution of marijuana, but could regulate marijuana like alcohol or tobacco. It removes all existing state restrictions on prescription of marijuana by a doctor for all patients, including children. It allows for laws limiting marijuana use in public and to protect public safety.
No 138,072 57%
Yes 105,590 43%

F L E S H
11-16-2004, 04:47 AM
That was actually pretty damn close... Alaska would have become the new Amsterdam!

Ed Ward MD
11-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Some good information in them. Sorry it did not pass. I wonder if it can be taken on as a county issue? Would at least be a way to inform 35k they are voting the wrong way. Libertarian issues are awesome in their scope. It's just NO ONE knows the truth about them. Libertarianism is the fastest organized national movement for pot legalization. They may not even be for it, but, it's your right under the Original Intent Constitution and therefor have the stance pot smokers have rights too. JMO, based facts.

Ed

F L E S H
11-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Obviously, I'm all for legalizing bud ASAP, but the Libertarian way is not the way to go, IMO. There's something very anarchistic about them, and I think everything would be way too chaotic. Eventually, people will crave a more 'present' government, and that's when dictators arise.... I'm not exaggerating here, look at what happened in the years between 1890 and 1945: the anarchist movement was at its height, assassinations of government officials were common occurance (yes, even in the US) and eventually we get people like Stalin/Hitler/Mussolini/Franco in power.

Scary, if you ask me...

sytax420
12-16-2004, 12:11 AM
I wish it would have passed I have been thinking about moving to bc canada because of their pot policies. I will be honest I love the USA but I think a person has the right to do what they want to their own body meaning If I want to stuff a bowl and smoke it in my house why should the goverment tell me I cant I am not hurting anyone but myself and it was my choice to do so. Just look at some of the other things that are legal like sticking huge fish hooks into your skin then tieing the hooks to some rope and hangin yourself form the hooks. Tell how can something as brutal as that be legal and smoking weed isnt?

RunawayAmbulance
12-16-2004, 08:59 PM
damn 30,000 votes. Damn shame. Damn fucking shame.

Our countries a bunch of idiots. We could probably make more money off legalizing pot then we spend trying to catch criminals and sending them through the courts on Marijuana related charges.

Bunch a fucking conservative morons hugging their damn bible.

Seperation of church and state... right? Why hasn't gay marriage passed? *laughs* conservative bible hugging bastards.

Buds 4 Life
04-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Hey Lester, Doc and everyone.... :-)

We are trying to Legalize Cannabis in Canada at this time as well... Congratulations for being so Educated this far !!!

At the moment I am one of almost 800 people in the Country with the LEGAL right to smoke and grow my own Marijuana up to my limit on my Prescription of 12-20 grams a day. I purchase off the street alot as the strain the helps a nasty pain in my face is very difficult to get otherwise...This will change once we LEGALIZE.

Check out our Website at The Medical Marijuana Mission Home (http://www.themarijuanamission.com) and bookmark us today... ;-D

Good luck with your Legalization in Alaskaand everywhere else , you know we are on you side... :-*

Love and a Squish,
Alison Myrden
Federal Medical Marijuana Exemptee in Canada
The Medical Marijuana Mission
The Medical Marijuana Mission Home (http://www.themarijuanamission.com)
Member of L.E.A.P. -
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
LEAP - Law Enforcement Against Prohibition - Cops Say Legalize Drugs (http://www.leap.cc)

In 2001 Terry Parker put the M.J. laws in the grave. If you will remember 4100 people were granted stays of their charges because of this.
After a law gets struck down in a courtroom, ONLY Parliament can create a new one as clearly stated in the interpretations act, section 2.2. That was NEVER done.
The ONLY reason people think there is a law is because of the Hitzig-Merden decision in 2003, where a judge acted as if he were parliament & said he "fixed" it, brought it back. (This is the Crown Attorney's ONLY argument every time.)
There are many people working to prove this misrepresentation of power as we speak, we have a strong network going.

Just because they keep on busting people today, doesn't mean they are right. They kept busting people the day after Grant Kreiger & Terry Parker killed the law. They continually force us to prove we're right & then they make amends. Remember the police only do what they are told by the Crown, if he says no more pot busts then they stop. Crown Frankel didn't do his job.

Not only did we have a personal WIN, but we got two separate people off of their charges & they got all of their growing equipment & their children back.
It was worth the six & a half hour drive all the way to Ottawa to help them out even though we didn't even know them......BUDS helping BUDS....it's our way.

How can you make up for having your children ripped away from you for 2 months because you NEED medicinal M.J.??
Buds4Life

gypski
04-30-2009, 03:26 AM
Hey Everyone, I live up in Alaska. The cannibis laws up here are kinda complicated. Medical pot here is legalized. It is legal for an adult to posses up to 4 ounces in their house but buying or selling is illegal. This November though there is a proposition on the ballet to legalize the purchase of Marijuana. It would be controlled much like alchohol is now. I've even seen several commercials supporting this prop. I don't know how much of a chance this prop has of passing..... but legalization has to start somewhere. I also don't know who the Feds will handle this either since the laws would contradict themselves even more than they already do here. I just thought people should know it just might happen!

I don't think Sarah will approve even though she's another admitted past user who should have named a kid Bud. :D :smokin: