PDA

View Full Version : Les claypool

stangle12
05-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Im watching a les claypool dvd. "five gallons of diesel" is what its called. Anybody else like claypool? i think he's the man.

for those of you who may not reconize him by name, he is the bassist in primus, but also has various other bands. Fucking great shit. Especially if you like that funky driving bass. Its pretty good shit.

i've seen him a couple times, an di have tickets to see him again in july. I can't friggin wait. I LOVE CLAYPOOL

the dude abides
05-21-2006, 08:54 PM
les claypool is god

did you see the new primus "hallucinogenitics" dvd?

Its a Plant
05-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Claypool fan here ~
I'm seeing him at Wakarusa the beginning of June, and cannot wait.
Primus is the shit too.

stangle12
05-21-2006, 08:57 PM
PRIMUS SUCKS. haha
the haluc. dvd is the shit i have that too. I watch that all the time.

Ae...
05-21-2006, 09:14 PM
A friend of mine introduced me to Primus/Claypool not too long ago. Great stuff...

beachguy in thongs
05-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Les Claypool said his idol was Geddy Lee.

stangle12
05-21-2006, 09:36 PM
cuase he's the man

beachguy in thongs
05-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Did you ever see Geddy Lee live? I've seen Rush five times. Three times at the Knick (now, Pepsi Arena) in Albany, NY, and twice at the ampitheater, here, in Virginia Beach. Breezy shows!

jonny
05-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I have all the albums, but never listen to the primus stuff.
ITts good stuff, just bit samey for me.

prefer frog brigade an oysterhead really.

Nochowderforyou
05-21-2006, 11:54 PM
I love Primus! One of a kind band. I seen a live concert DVD at my buddies place once. Made me love them even more!

So Stangle, you taken a liking to the new Tool yet?

stangle12
05-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Yes, yes i have. I love it actually.
it took me about a week to find the albums groove..but now that i found it i can't get enough. Its good shit. and the packaging...breath taking

stangle12
05-22-2006, 12:34 AM
how bout yourself?

Nochowderforyou
05-22-2006, 12:39 AM
I know when the Tool first came out, everyone hated the damn thing. :p

I love it. It took me a few listens to really enjoy it, but after now getting into it, I realize they are aliens or something. They are not human musicians as every bar in each song is different. No standard beat. Off setting, crazy beats, with every note is change. I find them Physics in music. Smart music.

To say the least, I love it, and yes, the packaging is messed up. With the goggles and shit. I found myself staring through for far too long, and I'm glad no one saw me doing it, as I'd look like an ass. :p

stangle12
05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
there have been times in my dorm room. where five of us were just staring at our own copies in silence (through the goggles). every once in a while we'd go....oooooohhh look at page x. oooooohh look at maynards hair.

i've had this cd for a month and im still googling over it

stangle12
05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
there have been times in my dorm room. where five of us were just staring at our own copies in silence (through the goggles). every once in a while we'd go....oooooohhh look at page x. oooooohh look at maynards hair.

i've had this cd for a month and im still googling over it

the dude abides
05-22-2006, 01:03 AM
the new tool album is pretty good, but its bordering being nu-metal, which is a sickening genre. I love "Lateralus" for its spiritual/philisopical meaning and how talented Tool is for the kind of music they play. I mainly listen to folk, jam bands, radiohead, and Primus, and Tool is one of the few metal bands i really like. Instead of playing generic shitty pop-metal that all sounds the same like Disturbed or Slipknot etc. they play alot of diverse and musically complicated stuff thats very original. "10,000 Days" is still very good, but compared to "Lateralus", it's leaning towords the metal mainstream and sounds very produced. this is why I was sort of dissapointed by the whole thing.

Les CLaypool is still god though.