PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE NEEDS HELP

singingbowl420
05-15-2006, 05:21 AM
hello everyone I was sitting in my room and I was smoking some stuff my great aunt gave me (half O which by the way....best I have ever had) and I find a couple of seeds in it...and now I want to grow this plant...

I cant grow inside because I am in an appartment complex...but I have woods in the back that I can go too and it wont stir any suspiction because I am always going back there to relax and play guitar anyways...I have a tree house back there that I built to smoke in....but my question is how should I do this because I have never grown pot in my life I have grown many different things in my garden but do I do anything different for pot?

any help would be appreiciated (and remember I am growing OUTSIDE)

graph
05-15-2006, 05:25 AM
If you can water them, you don't need to worry about finding a source of water. Find a nice place you wanna grow em, dig up a little hole leaving abour 2 square feet for each plant, fill it about 1/3 perlite, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 the soil that was there. Your babies need drainage, you know?

Water when the top layer feels dry up the first digit-thingy of your finger. Or, at least I think that's right.

Someone might wanna come in here and clean up and add more.

Trivium
05-15-2006, 06:23 AM
Hey singing.

First of all is this forest kind of secluded or this there more buildings behind this appartment?

If there is you should beware of them seeing it, also avoid leaving the bags around your grow as thats the top thing the cops look for in outdoor grows.

singingbowl420
05-15-2006, 09:15 AM
hmmm...I suppose that I should have been a little more specific about the place...the woods are very secluded and no one ever goes back there so I am not worried about cops...

singingbowl420
05-15-2006, 12:33 PM
hello everyone I just walked out to the place where I was going to grow and I reallised that it would be better to grow the seeds from inside until they can make it I have them in a coffee can right now with some dirt from the site and I am just going to let them grow until they are a little bigger...but anouther question

when I do transfer them is there going to be a problem with that?

graph
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Transferring isn't going to be too hard, but you might wanna look into getting rockwool cubes. That way you can just put the cube in the ground, no real problems and little root shock, if any. If you used the cubes, you're gonna wanna transfer when you see the roots starting to pop out of the sides.

If you don't wanna buy the cubes, or if you wanna give the ones you're growing now a fighting chance, it's gonna be a little harder. I'd say transfer at two or three weeks, a few inches high. Too early and they won't take, too late and they'll suffer a bigger root shock. When you're ready, dig a hole about the size of the pot. Next, gently tap the pot. Your goal is to try and get all of the soil to come out in a solid piece. Another option is to cut the can vertically, keeping the whole thing still one piece, put it in the ground, then try to take out the can.

Remember the perlite, still. You want your babies to breathe.

busteruk7
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
yeah i agree graph rockwool works great for me and the easyness of planting it with the rockwool on is good i recommend to everyone
cheers all :)

singingbowl420
05-16-2006, 03:18 AM
ok I went out to the woods today and was looking around and I just noticed for the first time there are already like 3 plants growing back there I never noticed them before and they are doing very well the only thing I can think of is that I just threw my seeds down and they grew or someone else is growing back there but I doubt the plants are all about 3 foot high I will try to get pictures of them when I can...and they are all female which I was even happier about...can you say lucky?

graph
05-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Lucky... or scary. Any way you can, make sure they're yours. Nobody likes a scavenger.

Sounds like a good find, though.

willyhaze
05-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Seems as though somebody else beat u 2 the punch kidd ........

Jdog7000
05-16-2006, 02:39 PM
They asre probably from you flicking seeds.
Good luck. I hope you get to harvest.