PDA

View Full Version : drying bud

NightProwler
05-12-2006, 01:05 AM
so im trying to take notes for myself for growing and this is the method i have come up with for drying plants. if anybody sees somthing wrong or something im missing, pleasssee tell me cuz this is just a rough draft.

Step one:
â?¢make a drying box. A shoebox with many holes and slits on the top and sides would be good.

â?¢put the box in a warm dry area. in a cool and dark place, not humid.

â?¢Check on them daily, turning them over and letting the box ventalate.

â?¢ dont double stack the buds

â?¢check for molds and fungi

â?¢Dry buds until the stems are brittle enough to snap. should take around 6 days.

â?¢you can also dry the fan leaves that you trimmed off in the same way. brecause they are smokeable and you can sell it to idiots.

â?¢air circulation is important.

â?¢ if the buds are still a little moist after a week, you can try step two. but If they seem dry enough, you can skip to step 3.

Step two:
â?¢the bud will probly still be a little moist

â?¢put the buds in the bottom of a brown paper bag, and do not close the bag.

â?¢check every day and rotate the buds.

Step three (curing):
â?¢make sure buds are completley or almost completly dry.

â?¢Put the dried buds into an airtight jar loosely (do not compact them)

â?¢Check on the buds at least once a day to replace air.

â?¢ contantly take them out and put them back in in a different order(do this daily as well.)

â?¢after 7 days of constantly re-arranging the buds, all you need to do is check on them daily and replace the air.

â?¢ if mold or mildew shows up on any of the buds, throw away the infected buds, and put the other buds back in the drying chamber for a couple more days.

â?¢A bud is completely dry, cured, and ready for consumption when the stem in the middle of the bud snaps easily with the fingers.

â?¢if you open the jar and there is an acrid aroma, they need drying quick.

â?¢cure for at least two weeks, but the longer the better.