PDA

View Full Version : Is this weed?

xjmart22x
05-09-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm new to growing and all that stuff, but I have started to germinate some seeds and hoping that I could plant a couple outside and maybe get some free weed. And well I was looking around in my back yard to see if I could find a good place to plant and I found something. The pics are here: http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/nirvana000c/ I might look like an idiot if they arnt but I don't really care since I don't know a lot about all of this stuff, I'm just the occasional smoker. But if it is marijuana it would probably be my sister's since I know she smokes too. Also if it is, how far along is it? Thanks

graph
05-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I don't believe so, no. I might be wrong, but is just looks like a weed (not marijuana).

gman420
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
no.

the image reaper
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
another NO ... :smokin:

LIP
05-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Nope, that aint no weed. Nothing to smoke there :(

gman420
05-10-2006, 12:06 AM
no worried though xj... now you know. if you are interested in outdoor id suggest germinating quickly and throwing some out there. just some bag seed if you have no nerves and no serious intent (thats what i did the very first time with no real luck).

if not, just be careful because if it isnt your stuff you come across, it is someone elses. imagine if you were that someone else and you had the heartbreak of you baby or babies disappearing overnight.

regardless, smoke on...

busteruk7
05-10-2006, 12:13 AM
i see the leaf resemblance but no that iant weed
cheers all :)

kush07
05-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Not weed, like everyone said. However, those hemp family plants make good camo if you are outdoor growing.

Happy Toking :rasta:

graph
05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
i see the leaf resemblance but no that iant weed
cheers all :)
my thought exactly. Some of those pics have some convincing leaves but that grow pattern just ain't right.

Jdog7000
05-10-2006, 02:00 AM
It must be at least related ,maybe. It sure looks similar.
What does it smell like?

cactusman23
05-10-2006, 03:20 AM
Spray some roundup on that sucker, its evil.

xjmart22x
05-10-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks everyone for the help. But in response to gman, I dont think I have to worry about coming across someone else stuff because this was in my own yard, if it would have been anyone it would be someone in my family.Anyways I started to germinate 3 seeds, which is all I have at the moment. One of them was done, so I planted it today. The other two I think may be damaged so pretty much I am going off the one seed. Its a long shot but like I said earlier I'm not too serious with it, I will probably just water about once a day and maybe with some luck I can get a plant and maybe get some for personal use.

gman420
05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
haha, yeah... if it is in your own yard, you bear the risk and therefore i would call that fair game. don't water too much, you'll drown your baby. the roots need to get some good ol' oxygen.

if you are doing this all just for fun, nothing to serious; buy a bag of some mids or gets some seeds from a friend and throw them in a wet paper towel in a plastic bag it put it underneath the sink or in a dark drawer for a couple of days. once you see the seeds crack and start to sprout plant them where desired (don't touch with your hand). that'll give you a start.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

horror business
05-14-2006, 09:08 PM
I think it's that North American Wild Hemp. It won't get you high, no matter how much you smoke.