PDA

View Full Version : What Strain is this plant guys?

Apprentice Grower
09-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Gday all!! Can any one out there tell what strain this plant is and if it looks half decent or not? the plants been on 12/12 budding cycle with bloom A+B for 4 weeks now. Also how much longer till the buds will big and juicy enough to smoke, I was hoping another 4/5 weeks.

Any help would be awsome

Cheers from OZ

del...
09-12-2004, 10:48 PM
for the last time...ya can't tell the strain by a picture!!!

and it'll be ready when it's done. without knowing what ya got ya can't look up in the STRAIN GUIDE at overgrow.com to even see what others had to say about a particular strain. it looks very sativa tho so i wouldn't plan on harvesting a ripe plant until the end of october, at the earliest. but you'll probably lose all patience and harvest it before the weekend...(and lose over half of what ya woulda had if only you had waited...)

Apprentice Grower
09-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Listen buddy I dont mean to be rude but what the hell is your problem. If in ask a sincere question out of interest the last thing i expect is some cock head with an attitude problem to be a smart ass..... so stop wasting your time and dont bother helping anyone out unless you are genuine!!!!! This is my first crack at growing loser and its fuckwits like you who deter myself and other beginners from asking any questions!!!!

Dimebag
09-13-2004, 02:30 AM
Enough fighting fellas lets keep our kool here. Now for the picture im just taking a wild guess but im pretty sure its an afgan.

del...
09-13-2004, 06:10 AM
only attitude i see here is yours...all i gave is the most sincere advice you're gonna get. what else is here that's helped answer your questions?

and for not meaning to be rude you sure failed...calling names on the person who sent you to a gold mine of info...??? you need to prioritize...

Tech
09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
I would say mainly sativa but thats about as close as you,ll get to what strain it is, so don,t expect huge harvest. Like Del said she,s not gona be ready for best part of two months yet
But a nice sativa is well worth the wait so be patient and reap your reward.

BuD MaN
09-15-2004, 07:27 AM
first off, suddup del m8, u probably asked questions like that wen u first started out...how else do u get edumacated. And yes it look def. like a sativa, cant really tell much more, wait till ya got log buds and post sum pics.

godsbackyard
09-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Chill the fuck out. Del is a fucking moderator.. he can say whatever the hell he wants. And its TRUE, you just can't expect to post a picture and someone know what the strain is. Do you know how many different strains there are? Too many to even fathom with all the different sexing going on.

kingcanabis
09-20-2004, 04:58 AM
it was just a questinos from a noob. be nice we wher all there befor. where's the love man? im out the king ps: yes id say sativa..

sawleaf
09-20-2004, 05:30 PM
This is why I rarely post in the grow forums anymore. Too many growers that are not willing to do their research. There are thousands of strains out there and each can have different phenotypes also. You can maybe tell some characteristics of the plant by looking at it, but not the exact strain. Yes it has sativa characteristics, but it could still smoke like a indica. If you are new to growing, buy a few books, read up, and do your homework before you attempt it. Basic cannabis knowledge is a must! Hell I am not even a pro grower really, I have only grown a few crops, but I have had great success with each one. Invest in cannabis books and learn what you need to know first! Not only is buying a few books a great way of having the answers there for you, but you are also giving back to the people who made this knowledge available for us all. People like Mel Franks, Ed Rosenthal, Jorge Cervantes, DJ Short, etc. If it wasn't for these people, we wouldn't be at the height of cannabis cultivation we are at now! Do them and yourself a favor and buy some of their books.

kingcanabis
09-21-2004, 03:18 AM
here here !!!! so that's why we dont see you? hmmm well good to see you man you have ben help to me in mytime of need..thk.s S/L

locmon
09-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Anyone believe in OPINIONS?

I've asked some questions and gotten answers, but I look back at some old threads and they advice different things.

It just sucks having people thinking there the shit, cause there shit don't smell.

I still haven't met the PERFECT PERSON in life and I don't plan to.

GIVE ADVICE, Dont be cocky about it.

Tech
09-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I,m not cocky ,but i think i,m perfect. :D

del...
09-22-2004, 07:24 AM
yes, different advice for the same situation...tells me there are many different ways to do it. it's up to the individual to figure out what'll work best...which is why reading is essential. how else can one even ask an intelligent question...one where all parties knows what exactly is being searched? without the fundamentals it's like teaching french to a mexican who can only speak chinese. (huh?)

it's why we set up FAQ's all over the net...then there's the "sharprubberducky" at marihemp (compliments of sanclem) that offers his version of everything you need to know...they're all over the place! yet very few use them...

the best advice i can give any noob...plant as many as ya can and experiment. it'll take a few grows/couple years to get it down (few more to master it) but you'll have combined the best of what you've gathered from reading different growers' approaches and you'll be far better off. the hard part has already been done for ya...just don't get nasty when we don't feel like retyping it all again for the umpteenth time...and i'll try to hold back on the obvious frustration...deal?

sidey
09-22-2004, 07:45 PM
I have recently grown this mighty specimen. Anybody have any ideas on what strain it might be. My mate Dave reckons its Afghanii with about 1wk left to go, but he's always stoned.

Wadda ya'll say? :)

sawleaf
09-22-2004, 10:30 PM
In my opinion, that picture isn't cannabis. Or it's a cannabis plant with all the leaves plucked off of it.

mrxthethcman
09-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Think its funny do ya.Its a fuckin stinging Netle.

sidey
09-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Tings seemed a little stiff on the thread, I had the giggles, hope it made you smile :D

Tech
09-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Get im on 12/12 for a month and then smoke the fucker . :D