PDA

View Full Version : Closet Grower & Closet Smoker

Hallucinogizer
05-04-2006, 02:13 AM
This is something that's really getting to me and maybe you all have some suggestions on how I might go about dealing with this.

Background: First of all, I'm in the United States (duh da daaa). I plan on having a fairly large grow (min of 5k watts, and some shrooms on top of that).

My problem is this: I don't want to advertise that I smoke because I dont want there to be any idea that I might be a grower. Know what I'm sayin? I haven't even gotten started yet, and I'm already feeling like I can't be myself.

I don't mind not being myself when it comes to most stuff. God knows I'm going to be lying my ass off about where I work and a million other things. I've been lying my ass off already and I haven't even rented my grow house yet.

But I just feel like smoking weed is a core part of me and I want to be able to talk to people I don't know extremely well (but know that aren't cops obviously) and ask them if they want to burn one. I enjoy smoking weed around people and it forms bonds, and that's something I'm afraid of doing now.

Zandor
05-04-2006, 02:39 AM
What makes you think we all don't feel the same way from time to time?

You're not alone dude, welcome to the board. :)

Garden Knowm
05-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Hallucin..
dude..don't grow shrooms and weed..

have you heard of three strikes..

love

seriously.. that could be a serious disaster..

"If you love truth intensly and yet absolutley for its own sake, you love ALL. If truth is the one comfort, and you have that comfort, your desire is to share it with others."

Krishnamurti - 1927

9ski9
05-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Yeah, good advice, GK, but if he was feelin' a little nervous before...

There's a big leap between smoking and growing. I'm always amazed at how few people that I know that get high, also grow. If you ever feel like telling someone that you are growing---don't. If you really absolutely feel like you have to tell them---still don't.

But if it's a cool friend and you happen to have polaroids stashed away of him beating off his dog during some fucked up time in his life, then go ahead and show him your grow room.

Growing is sort of like owning stocks---if it keeps you awake at night worrying, then you should probably find another hobby.

Jdog7000
05-04-2006, 08:18 AM
One thing that could help is to just don't tell ppl were you live. Hang out at other ppls houses. And get a carbon scrubber ,so when ppl do come over they wont smell it.

The Grim Reefer
05-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I know how you feel.

The first thing my girl always asks me before anything in a conversation is "Did you smoke yesterday/today?".

Makes me feel like a damned criminal. :(

Torog
05-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Howdy Hallucinogizer,

One way to ease yer worries,might be to not jump into such a big endeavor..that's a big leap..to rent a whole house and do what yer talkin about doing. Are you already experienced at such ?

Have a good one ! :stoned:

Jdog7000
05-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Thats why I make it clear that I'm always stoned!

Hallucinogizer
05-04-2006, 04:57 PM
There's a big leap between smoking and growing. I'm always amazed at how few people that I know that get high, also grow.

That's a good point, and very true. Maybe it's just that I'm not a good liar and now I'm going to have to lie about what I've been doing at work all day. I'll be saying I work from home of course, I just need to think of a way to make friends not want to ask questions about my job.

You know how you have friends who want to know all the ins and outs of your occupation? Man that's gonna be annoying.

I need to practice my lying.

OptimusPrime
05-05-2006, 02:42 AM
I know this may sound a bit blunt (no pun intended), but if they're you're friends they shouldn't treat you any differently becuase of what you do. But, I can see where you're coming from. Maybe you could bring up the topic of smoking pot to your friends and see their reactions and go from there.

I also would have to agree with Torog, taking on such a large operation right off the bat seems like a big leap.

Hallucinogizer
05-06-2006, 11:01 PM
^It is a big leap, which is why I'm dedicating myself full time to it.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to keep the temps down in a 4,200 watt flower room. Even if it's in a basement (which for some reason, has been a real estate item very elusive to me), I'm going to have to push all the air upwards, I can't push it out any basement window because it'll be a rental unit and the modifications will be noticed from the outside...even if there's a fence or whatever.

So it's getting a little bit complicated.

You know how you have friends that like to talk about what they did at work today? I guess I'll have to just have a bunch of lies ready in advance...and i can just use that story for whatever day they ask me what happened. I dont have that many friends so it probably wont' be that hard to get away with.

I'll just be like, "yeah that #%#$! Margaret from the warehouse forgot to send out the orders."