PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE - First MicroSCROG CF Grow Started - Day8

GRB.4.Life
09-10-2004, 02:27 AM
This is my first indoor micro grow. I hope im doing well. The plant looks like its missing something. And its quite small for day 8. I might need to water it more, so ill try that and see what happens. I also dont have much for ventilation, i know, but i open the box like 2-3 times a day for about 10-15 minutes. Because of stealth reasons i cant have any open ventilation so all i can do is hope for the best!

I plan on SCROGin it after i top it. I will be SCROGGin with chickenwire hopefully. I plan to top it when it gets about to the top of the blue tub..

Anyways, any opinions, good or bad, are welcome. Any advice or ideas on anything about how to better my yield or plant health is more than appreciated..Thanks, PEACE! Stay cool..

llamaman666
09-10-2004, 07:36 AM
yea, that looks real small for 8 days, maybe try another cf, or a stronger light. and jus cut two hole in the box and send a fan thru one f them.

taphead
09-11-2004, 04:29 AM
you only have one plant and you do not know for sure that it will be a female. Might be wiser to start with two or three weedout the males and scrog what is left.

GRB.4.Life
09-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Heres what i did after i decided the plant wasnt doing well enough. I added a cool white Compact Flouro pumpin out 1700lumens. Along with the warm white Compact i already had, which pumped out 2700lumens. Thats a total of 68watts of CF light on one plant. Should be enough for a nice SCROG. Im hoping that doin this will allow it a more nutritious light source and it will grow slightly faster and a bit more healthy...

I also put a small integrated venting system in. I cut vent slits behind the fan so its constantly suckin in the cool air in my closet. Then i cut vent slits on the oposite side in its blowing path against the wall to vent out the warm used air.

Im taking a big risk moving the box into my closet simply because its not as stealth. But its safer in terms of the plants health, heat and the fire hazard it used to be...lol.

I also got these small fertilizing sticks from Miracle Grow. The NPK i believe its called is 6-12-6. The pack comes with 24 sticks that feed continueously for 60 days. Think this would be a good idea to add it? Ive never used fertilizers or extra nutes before..It says on the package that its "For All Flowering & Foliage House Plants"...

Thanks to everyone who replies and your help is greatly appreciated!

Cya.

GRB.4.Life
09-11-2004, 09:05 AM
yea i know taphead. Thats a good idea. And i have plenty of seeds too but not enough lumens to support all those plants until they show sex...

pot grower
12-09-2004, 10:45 AM
what strain of seeds are you growing anway and are they indica or sativa

Torog
12-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Heres what i did after i decided the plant wasnt doing well enough. I added a cool white Compact Flouro pumpin out 1700lumens. Along with the warm white Compact i already had, which pumped out 2700lumens. Thats a total of 68watts of CF light on one plant. Should be enough for a nice SCROG. Im hoping that doin this will allow it a more nutritious light source and it will grow slightly faster and a bit more healthy...

I also put a small integrated venting system in. I cut vent slits behind the fan so its constantly suckin in the cool air in my closet. Then i cut vent slits on the oposite side in its blowing path against the wall to vent out the warm used air.

Im taking a big risk moving the box into my closet simply because its not as stealth. But its safer in terms of the plants health, heat and the fire hazard it used to be...lol.

I also got these small fertilizing sticks from Miracle Grow. The NPK i believe its called is 6-12-6. The pack comes with 24 sticks that feed continueously for 60 days. Think this would be a good idea to add it? Ive never used fertilizers or extra nutes before..It says on the package that its "For All Flowering & Foliage House Plants"...

Thanks to everyone who replies and your help is greatly appreciated!

Cya. Howdy GRB.4.Life,

You seem to be going in the right direction,but you're gonna need more light and more room,the plant needs to be on it's third set of leaves,before ya top it. The more ya mature a plant in the veg stage,the better your yields will be and the stronger and healthier your plants will be. Two months veg time is the norm for most growers,because they are in a hurry. Experienced growers,with alot more time and patience,may grow their plants in veg,for up to 4 months. However,if you're scog'ing,then you just need 2 months veg or less.

Anyway ya look at it-you don't have enough room..you're gonna need a bigger box,even if you force the plants into flower at one month old.

As for them fert sticks-I wouldn't use them for such an immature plant,they are too strong for the amount of light that you have. You should use 1/2 strength of a fert ..and only after the plant is a couple weeks old.

Have a good one...Torog