PDA

View Full Version : camouflaging you plants

guerrilla farmer
09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
i haven' seen any topics about outdoor camouflaging (i consider it a fine art) and what plants to use. so, i figured i'd start one, now is the time to plan out and prepare your outdoor plots for next year.

i plant in what is usually called the guerrilla style (hence the moniker) which to me means small clusters of plants, no more than 3, and usually just two or even one. i dig out holes and add in pre-mixed soil and keep the visits to a minimum. i then use camo plants to hide my girls and try to stick to plants that are either native or don't look out of place, so as to not attrack attention.

here's a few plants that i have used and had success with:

bright lights cosmos- i'll start with the old standby it's well known and has been being used forever. it gets about 5 -6 feet tall, has yellow and orange flowers and has a branching pattern nearly indistiguishable from cannabis. the only problem with this one is it's so well known amongst seasoned growers that they look for it and (quite unfortunately) see it as red flag for rip-offs.

tithonia (mexican sunflower)- this is a monster annual that can get as large as 12' X 12' when feeding off your ferts. it is a good plant to use in areas where you think you might get some close-in inspections. plant the cannabis plant in between the branches of tithonia and make sure to cut out some space for your girl if it starts to cover her to much, which it usually does. this one is a really good backyard camo plant.

and the overall best plants to camo your bud with are the native plants to the area in which you are planting. look for clumps of tall weeds and clear a small plot in the middle of them. i also use these clumps of native weeds and plants to stash supplies, but don't use the same one your plants are growing in. prune your plants to look like the plants they are growing with...i have never had a problem with cutting off many of the primary leaves as long as the secondary leaves have started to grow, be creative.

you can also use hollyhocks, regular sunflowers, blue salvias, marigolds, russian sage, and snapdragons (i haven't used any of these, but i know of those who have). DO NOT use tommato plants in your garden to hide weed, as it is one of those plants that novice growers have heard works...and doesn't really, because cops, thieves, and pesky nieghbors know to look for it.

well, hope this helps anyone planing to plant a stealth garden for next year...good luck and happy growing.

llamaman666
09-10-2004, 07:39 AM
seems cool, but im lucky,if i walk strait backwards i wont hit another road for over 200 miles. its alaska!

del...
09-10-2004, 05:49 PM
another camo tip...

trim off the points of the leaves so it's not so 'sharp' looking from a distance...do an inch or two on all the leaves and see the diff it makes! burr bush also is a good cover for most shades. it has that lime green color and when growing beside tip-leaf trimmed plants they all blend in together. i've also gotten by the thieves by growing under/in mesquite trees (for the SW growers).

guerrilla farmer
09-10-2004, 08:24 PM
i have heard of people using tree stands to plant in and also nailing/screwing camo painted 5 gallon buckets to the trunks of trees about 15 -20 feet off the ground. seems like a good idea, but you won't see me climbing trees any time soon. i realty like the leaf tip trimming idea, though i don't visit my plants enough to make that a practical technique for me to use, it would be great for the backyard camo garden.

Imotep
09-11-2004, 12:38 AM
Other good camo plants ive used are sunroot (jerusalem artichoke), pigeon pea (looks a bit like it and all my neibours are used to it).
Ive also used that technique of planting in weedy bush until the fkn landcare groups get in there and weed everything out. have done nice plants on waterfall cliffs in isolated bush. They are in full sun and able to get their roots in the creek, very hard to see and get to.
Would like to try training my thais into tall tall trees, so everyhting is up above the shrubline, with only a trunk visible. I'll remove very leaf and branch so the main tip gets all the energy. I'll leave a good foot or two of leafy top to power itself though.
Only use old variety sativas in the bush coz theyre hardy as hell and are very mould resistant, coming from SE asia and all.
And they are very, very sweet and bright hight.

Tech
09-14-2004, 10:24 PM
The biggest problem i found growing outdoors are rabbits.
I got a pet rabbit and i give it all my males and it goes nuts for em , it realy loves em.

kraloth
01-05-2005, 04:08 PM
wouldent that get ur rabbit stoned it probaly likes em cuz its addicted

fly bunny fly high with those kites

IthoughtIknewitall
01-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Would anyone agree that the best way to conceal plants is to make sure they are small and flower immediatly. Last spring I had clones out and I was 10 feet away from 3 of them. I asked a smoker to find the plants. He couldn't. They are extremely hard to find when mixed in with green vegetation. Also I have planted plants next to a creek so the roots would reach the waterline and watering is no longer necessary. It flooded and the plants were completely submerged for days and they never died.

hempheadjack
01-10-2005, 05:43 AM
i haven' seen any topics about outdoor camouflaging (i consider it a fine art) and what plants to use. so, i figured i'd start one, now is the time to plan out and prepare your outdoor plots for next year.

i plant in what is usually called the guerrilla style (hence the moniker) which to me means small clusters of plants, no more than 3, and usually just two or even one. i dig out holes and add in pre-mixed soil and keep the visits to a minimum. i then use camo plants to hide my girls and try to stick to plants that are either native or don't look out of place, so as to not attrack attention.

here's a few plants that i have used and had success with:

bright lights cosmos- i'll start with the old standby it's well known and has been being used forever. it gets about 5 -6 feet tall, has yellow and orange flowers and has a branching pattern nearly indistiguishable from cannabis. the only problem with this one is it's so well known amongst seasoned growers that they look for it and (quite unfortunately) see it as red flag for rip-offs.

tithonia (mexican sunflower)- this is a monster annual that can get as large as 12' X 12' when feeding off your ferts. it is a good plant to use in areas where you think you might get some close-in inspections. plant the cannabis plant in between the branches of tithonia and make sure to cut out some space for your girl if it starts to cover her to much, which it usually does. this one is a really good backyard camo plant.

and the overall best plants to camo your bud with are the native plants to the area in which you are planting. look for clumps of tall weeds and clear a small plot in the middle of them. i also use these clumps of native weeds and plants to stash supplies, but don't use the same one your plants are growing in. prune your plants to look like the plants they are growing with...i have never had a problem with cutting off many of the primary leaves as long as the secondary leaves have started to grow, be creative.

you can also use hollyhocks, regular sunflowers, blue salvias, marigolds, russian sage, and snapdragons (i haven't used any of these, but i know of those who have). DO NOT use tommato plants in your garden to hide weed, as it is one of those plants that novice growers have heard works...and doesn't really, because cops, thieves, and pesky nieghbors know to look for it.

well, hope this helps anyone planing to plant a stealth garden for next year...good luck and happy growing.bullshit,,,,my opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jack

kingcanabis
01-10-2005, 07:52 AM
nice post jack well done...... ;)

IthoughtIknewitall
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Have you ever been out in the woods and got caught up in those thorny Ivies that seem to be every where. One time I got lost in the woods when I was hunting my bluetick Hound at night, it was scary as hell. Anyway, A vast majority of people do not like to walk through thorny ivy vines. If you are willing to risk a few stinging scratches and plant your plants there they will be your friends. I tried planting seedlings there and they stretched out real bad and didn't make it. Clones will though.

hempheadjack
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
another camo tip...

trim off the points of the leaves so it's not so 'sharp' looking from a distance...do an inch or two on all the leaves and see the diff it makes! burr bush also is a good cover for most shades. it has that lime green color and when growing beside tip-leaf trimmed plants they all blend in together. i've also gotten by the thieves by growing under/in mesquite trees (for the SW growers).there is only one way to camo your grow,,,,,,,live with it,,,,,,,,Jack

Beyond Freedom
05-23-2005, 03:31 AM
Well said.

sykobabble
05-23-2005, 07:31 AM
there is only one way to camo your grow,,,,,,,live with it,,,,,,,,Jackhahahahaaha,i say hahahahahha.go get em me

jadeius
05-23-2005, 10:54 PM
seems cool, but im lucky,if i walk strait backwards i wont hit another road for over 200 miles. its alaska!

omg will you take me on a tour of alaska? i wanna go there so bad! it's gotta be harder to live there than in the south, closer to the equator...how the hell would you grow weed there?

jadeius
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
that sounded so blond i'm sorry, i meant that the south is closer to the equator than alaska doh! don't think i'm retarded please

fuzzyblue
05-24-2005, 09:05 PM
lol Jadeius

HARDDON
05-25-2005, 04:20 AM
I got a couple growing amongst some tall elephant and lion grass.

The grasses grow up to 6 -8 ft and summer fall flower at 12 ft.

I keep the grass just thin enough to allow light in between the blades of grass...

impossible to see unless you happen to be 12' tall.

Delta9
05-25-2005, 11:01 PM
I heard of using alfalfa for camo-plants.

absolut420
06-01-2005, 11:31 AM
how about using food coloring in the water to change the appearance of the plants ? ;)

Da1KrayzieThug
06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
how about using food coloring in the water to change the appearance of the plants ? ;)

Ehh I dunno about your garden but I think a blue plant would attract more attention than a green one :D. Goodluck.

absolut420
06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Ehh I dunno about your garden but I think a blue plant would attract more attention than a green one :D. Goodluck.

hehe.. well then clip a few bright red fake flowers to it