PDA

View Full Version : Mycorrhizae

Ssenorp
04-27-2006, 02:46 AM
Mycorrhizae is a symbiotic root fungus that roughly 90% of the plants have in nature. I figure this is absent in home grows, particularlly the indoor grows. I found this for sale:

http://www.bio-organics.com/Mycorrhizae_Products.html#MineralsStart

I was wondering if anyone here has used this or a similar product. What were your results?

hoodrider
04-27-2006, 03:39 AM
You could just by some EB Stone Edna's Best Potting Soil which has mycorrhizal fungi in it already.

stone eng
04-27-2006, 03:48 AM
I'm not an organic guru, but did lurk on the CW organic boards before they were shut down. I've heard the term used, and some of the more knowledgable people there did talk about soil being a culture of beneficial organisms. Certain organic compounds seem to support those healthy cultures in the soil. One of those is molasses. Also I've heard of people adding yeast to their organic tea's.
I have no personal experience with the compound you mention, but if you use it be sure and create a good healthy environment of nutrients to support it.

Ssenorp
04-27-2006, 05:23 AM
You could just by some EB Stone Edna's Best Potting Soil which has mycorrhizal fungi in it already.

That sounds perfect. Thank You.

britewire
05-04-2006, 07:18 AM
I use it for a while now and I'm VERY happy with it. The plants are bigger, greener and can take up massive amounts of nutrients in a fairly early stage of flowering.

You should try it combined with an bacterial symbot like VooDooJuice from AN

krink
05-08-2006, 01:36 AM
check out earth Nectar EN/EA

Cheers,

stinkyattic
06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
I use MycoStim and like it. Just avoid breathing the dust.

growinit
06-25-2006, 05:52 AM

hoodrider
08-14-2006, 02:18 AM
You can use any E.B. Stone organic fert. as they all have mycorrhyzae in them and so do the whitney farm life link series of ferts.