PDA

View Full Version : Very Advanced Question-polyploidy

wcpacatte
09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
I am into the third generation of a very potent polyploid indica strain. During the first transplant stage, the plants were infested with fungas gnats and green alge. The leaves twisted and became leathery and did not look at all like cannabis. Well I saved them and they are growing fine, but seem to lack the early trichome developement that the first two generations had. Question. Is it possible for a polyploid plant to lose the multiple chromosome sets and revert back to it's diploid state because of illness? The plants seem normal in all other ways. Thankyou

dylan
09-06-2004, 05:53 PM
i don't know much about it, but it may (under high stress) be able to choose the set of chromosomes that will survive the best under that stress. alough i think you would see more changes than just the trichombs. do you think it could have just been from the plants diverting their energy to rebuilding and surviving insted of to producing early resins?

wcpacatte
09-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I grew them completely out of there sick condition before going 12/12. I may just have to wait and see what happens. Let them ansewer the question for me.

Earthy Dank
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
No it will not lose a set of chromosomes. Polyploid plants grow and kinda look retarded. They have big everything and will twist and kinda look irregular. Its alot like down syndrome in humans. Well thats probably what happened. If not, then i don't know. There isn't much study on polyploidy in cannabis. I have a triploid in my first 10 of the year. I wonder, if you've done breeding. If you have lets talk. [email protected]

karmaxul
02-22-2006, 04:47 AM
generations fluxuate 6 up 6 down when it comes to quality. This is how genetics evolve. I believe down syndrome is something to do with an extra chromosome 21 in humans but im not sure. I know a bit about genetics earthy dank if you would like to discuss them [email protected] I can tell you the genetic code if you would like. anyway its best to stablize with outdoor fields. Confinded breeding can be tricky and unstable depending on how you go about it.
one love
c