PDA

View Full Version : Discoloration and leafs not fully grown

kryptobs2000
09-05-2004, 12:13 PM
I have 3 plants, and 7 sprouts right now. The 3 plants are about 2-3 weeks old. One of the plants is growing a little slow, but I think it's healty. One has random patterns of discoloration, but I'm not too worried about that one, I think it'll be fine.
The other however is the one I'm worried about. I wish I could get pictures, but it on most of the newer leaves, on one side of the leaf, it dosn't fully grow in, and so it's not as wide as the other side, and it's a lighter green as well. Any reason for this, is there a deficate of something, or could over fertilization cause this too? I doubt I overfertalized it, my boss gave me some organic fertalizer he uses on his. At work we put it on the greens and so it's slow release to prevent overfertilization anyways. So I'm thinking the soil ran out of w/e and it now needs ferts that it's not getting, but not sure what kind to give it.

wcpacatte
09-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Where did you get your seeds? Good seeds good dope. Bad seeds bad dope. Seeds out of a bag of stash are not reliable even though the grass was good.

kryptobs2000
09-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I got them from a bag. I've never heard of anyone who actually grew bag seeds and ended up with bad weed unless they had growing problems. Everyone says don't do it, but they have nothing to back it up. It's just a chance you take. One of mine has fertalizer burn right now, other than that it's fine now. One is doing great although I accidently ripped some of it's roots off, but not a big deal I don't think. And the other still has the problem with half the leaves being different colors and crap. I don't know what it could be. Seems like it's growing fine other than that. it's only 6 inches tall, and it's a little over 3 weeks old, but it's bushy as crap. I don't think there would even be anymore room for leaves besides it growing up.

stonebears
09-17-2004, 01:21 AM
These are some pics of my bag seeds. preflowering started aug 9th, totally taking off around the 26th of August. So are the plants recouping now?

kryptobs2000
09-22-2004, 03:04 AM
yeah, well... they recoverd, well kinda... they stopped I think, I forget. Right now though, the problems back or they got a new problems. On my 3 biggest plants, 7, 9 and 11 inches. (bushy as hell) I've lost a few leaves on each, and it seems more are coming. They are at the bottom, and they get spots on them and then it's followed by the leave turning yellow. The spots are brown btw. Not sure whats wrong. They are all also fertalizer burned (tips are all yellow). I got a ph testor, and I don't trust it too much, but I put a little bit of viniger in there and now everything is about 6.5. Don't thinka little viniger will hurt. Any advice? I've had this problem for about a week. Are they missing something or what?

BigBudDaddy08
09-25-2004, 04:22 PM
if its bottom leaf's your plant might be maturing and most of the first 2 set's of leafs usally turn yellow then brown then get crispy and stim goes then boom leaf if gone and you gotta longer stalk....Thats my advice let the experts correct me

kryptobs2000
09-26-2004, 03:16 AM
Well no, I mean, they basically got a stunted growth, they stop growing sometimes. I think it's a ph problem though. I bought a ph meter, not a very good one, but.. it's good enough. My water has a ph of like 5.5 I think, the soil has a ph of 5 something too, so everythings pretty acidic, specially after adding ferts. When wet it reads about 4.5-6. So thats pretty low. I'm gonna get some lime from my boss tomm (I work at a golf course :)) so, hopefully that'll correct the problem. I'll report back in a few days to let ya know how it's going.

notanovice
09-26-2004, 12:36 PM
your plants stunted growth could be from being rootbound, forget the lime for raising the ph, use baking soda, and if you need to lower the ph, use distilled white vinaeger.
you might want to flush your plants with ph 6.0 distilled water first.

kryptobs2000
09-29-2004, 12:15 AM
oh, well too late, I already added the lime :(. Will that hurt it or what? What is rootbound? I also got a 400w mh today too. Not that that will correct my soil problems, but... just saying :). My boss said it will help out other than the ph, it'll even things out or something, and make more efficient use of the fertalizers or somethinglike that, don't remember exactly what he said, but he's in charge of maintaining the golf courses, so I mean, I'd trust he knows what he's talking about.

kryptobs2000
09-29-2004, 10:17 PM
found out what root bound is. My plants are about a foot tall, and the pots they are in, are... i would guess about 2 gallons or so. Is that too small? I didn't think they would have that many roots, I was thinking of growing them 3-5 feet tall. What size of pots should I use? And how much taller do they grow after I start budding them?