PDA

View Full Version : Legality in Melbourne.

kalmen
04-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi All,

I'm aware that weed is illegal in melbourne. But I heared from my mates that if I was caught with a gram or two that cops will tell you off and take it from you... any truth on this? I only smoked in Amsterdam once because it was legal, but not really willing to risk in Melb...

I heared you're allowed to grow for personal use in SA and WA...possibly even ACT... Anyone know?

I also went to the sunday market, and found some guys selling bongs... that was wierd.

ozkid
04-12-2006, 12:42 AM
yep every market in aus sells bongs and it is ILLEGAL in every state its just in wa and sa its a very small fine and thats it:)

kalmen
04-12-2006, 04:28 AM
That's wierd isn't it?

Just another question. How do you get seeds in SA or WA? You can't just buy them of the internet right? It would have to be illegally?

yep every market in aus sells bongs and it is ILLEGAL in every state its just in wa and sa its a very small fine and thats it:)

ozkid
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
i dunno, get some clones off ya friends, or gets seeds of some friends. Friends are good:)

SmokinStella
04-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I really wouldn't be worried. I smoke a j everytime I'm at a train station just looking all innocent like and have never been hasseled, although you get the odd few that come up for a chat and a toke. I really think the police have got bigger issues to deal with, you'd be in more trouble if you got caught drink driving than if you were caught with a couple of g's.

kalmen
04-16-2006, 12:58 PM
That's what my friend tells me too... he says that I'm too paranoid and worry too much. I guess I don't really understand the law very well.

Interesting issue: Hydroponics is more illegal than normal? Indoors more than out?

I know a friend of a friend who was able to convince the court the he didn't know what the plant in his backyard was...

But I guess a gram or two is harmless especially if you keep it to yourself.

Shelbay
04-29-2006, 03:21 AM
*Beautiful place MelbournE*...*Very nice *ANd beautiful.

IntrepidS
10-23-2006, 07:28 PM
I love Melbourne

SDK SLAYER
10-25-2006, 05:48 AM
That's wierd isn't it?

Just another question. How do you get seeds in SA or WA? You can't just buy them of the internet right? It would have to be illegally?

go to www.planetskunk.com aussie customers can deposit cash in their N.A.B account:thumbsup: if you are still unsure check the boards at
www.ozstoners.com :thumbsup:
lots of seed & seedbank related topics there from aussie growers:stoned: ;)

GetDown
11-06-2006, 04:44 AM
yeah, it is legal to grow in sa and act, not sure bout wa though, i too am a melbourner, never been caught smoking before but am curious bout what happens if u are....

fingers
11-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Dude I'm born and bred Melbournian,

Ur mates are right. I wouldnt worry too much dude, seriously.
Melbourne cops are so bussy dealing with the heroin and ice n isht that they truly dont have the time or interest in a little weed in a young guys pocket.

I wouldnt go waving it around, but at the same time i wouldnt be all paranoid. It's the fear they can smell. If all you do in terms of law breaking is smoke a little pot. I would doubt youd even attract vic police attention bro.

Seriously, I've had melbourne CIU (was CIB then/central intellegence) detectives come to my house cos some rat told him i had a crop. Which i truly did not.
So after him giving me his sworn word he would not bust me if i did not have a grow, i let the two coppers in.
They walked in, smelt the pot, saw my mrs just finishing off a bong to add insult to injury. She was just frozen in fear.

The cop just stuck his head in a closet or two, saw there was no grow pretty damn fast, and then said 'can i see your bud?"

Thats when i thought these guys were gonna take it, to smoke it!. He says 'we're after the big dealers mate! big dealers and big growers! we're not interested in some guy with an oz of personal. EVERYONE SMOKES IT... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN BUDDY?? And he looked at me with that grin that only a smoker does.
At this point, im almost CERTAIN he's gonna take my weed n smoke it! but he's a cop, what am i gonna do. i hand it over, saying goodbye to it in the meantime.
He had a look, and just "Ooooo'ed' when he saw it, showed his mate (other detective) and they both just looked, nodded, and grinned as they looked at the buddage. (I only bother buying if its top shelf)

He then says "well mate, we'll be getting out of ya way... sorry to have interuppted your session... oh and here mate this is yours'. and handed me back my pot, unmolested.

I spun out! lol it was grouse. As they left they just kept apologising for the 'confusion' over the rat who gave em my adress. (they were kind enough to give me his :P)

ANYWAYYYYYY! :D

Melbourne's cops r pretty chill with pot man, its all good. Just use common sense, dont flash it and s#it. and you'll be fine matey.

Fingers :thumbsup:

misk
01-19-2007, 03:00 PM
lol sharpstoner luvn the hotboxing in carparks
nothin like smoking on location....any location at that
how old r u man?
most the aussie ppl here seem a bit older but i cant see older ppl hot boxing in carparks lol

duffer
01-23-2007, 11:49 PM
^^ haha yes gotta love the hotboxing! I'm 19.
How old are you? I'm guessing about the same age as me?

heh, i used to do the car sesh's alot too when i was 18-19 and it was tops, and i'm assuming you might still live at home? but nothing beats the chill of getting your own place, calling your girl and mates over and toking. It's something you should look forward to one day.

Btw, driving down to Melbourne in a couple of weeks to stay with a cousin of mine. How's the herb down there these days? Looking forward to it :)