PDA

View Full Version : any other arizona growers out there?

guerrilla farmer
08-30-2004, 06:06 PM
i'm new to this area and i'm wondering if anyone here has experience growing in this state. what are the best strains? do you get a double harvest outside due to the extended growing season? can you grow in the native soil here without doing anything other than adding ferts?

Sweetums
01-30-2005, 03:23 AM
I have never tried growing but I am really interested in buying :o

emnine
02-18-2005, 03:02 AM
I grow and I buy, been buyin a bit more than growin lately, but I actually just moved to the southwest. I'd help you out if I could, but I don't even grow outside either, I grow hydroponically! You should try it too.

dragon
02-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey GF,
You will find it hard to grow in the valley outside....
What part of AZ you in..... I'm E-valley......
Peace,
D

lostinmesa
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Hydroponics is the way to go

http://www.homegrownhydro.com/content/p/1/Hydro_Main

http://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/how-to-grow-weed-1.html#Overview

NubWhoLikesPot
04-10-2005, 06:46 PM
hey, im a phoenix dude, with 1 14'' plant in my closet, and two recently sown outside in my yard... i added super soil and pearlite to the outside soil... ne1 know if AZ is too hot for outdoors?? ne1 else in phoenix?

keven
07-08-2005, 12:55 AM
i grow outside in this fucking heat and my plants are doing grat. i got 4 of them and when its hot they start to smell alot so i half to bring them inside for a whill cuz of the neigbors. the only thing i us right now is mg and baby shampoo for the bugs.
im in glendal i go to central high. :cool:
smoke almost every day. :eek:

Gatorade
05-25-2006, 07:32 PM
i TRIED to grow and was doing ok, till the heat came and now my seedling is dying and the wind broke my plant's stem and it's slowly dying, :( if the top two leaves are still ok! can it survive ?

lostinmesa
06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
i TRIED to grow and was doing ok, till the heat came and now my seedling is dying and the wind broke my plant's stem and it's slowly dying, :( if the top two leaves are still ok! can it survive ?

You need to keep it inside and keep the temp around 75.Also put a fan on it.The fan makes it stronger just put it on low and it will help it grow strong.
Look in it hydro.

PurplePixieManda
06-26-2006, 05:57 PM
*raises hand* I'm a beginner..about as beginner as they get...I have a plant that is trying to grow it's third set of true leaves. Almost time for feeding I guess?

mcozzy1
06-29-2006, 08:26 AM
*raises hand* I'm a beginner..about as beginner as they get...I have a plant that is trying to grow it's third set of true leaves. Almost time for feeding I guess?

It depends on what kind of soil you're using. If you have a good soil, then you're probably good for a while. As a beginner, I'd suggest erring on the side of underfeeding. There's more danger in overfeeding.

If you're plants are starving for something, they'll let you know.

moonwolf52
09-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Been growing for 7 years in hydro. No way would I grow outside. Hydro is the way to go cause you control everything.

S4T4N
09-25-2006, 02:55 AM
im in the east valley and i have 3 plants comming up for harvest in a couple weeks all i used was some fertilizer and a spot under my orange tree.