PDA

View Full Version : need support in wilkes barre

steph18702
03-25-2006, 03:48 PM
hi , i am from wilkes barre, pa. i have a good friend who was arrested not too long ago for having pot and pot plants. i am not sure what exactly i am asking for but this guy is going through it in jail he dosn't have anyone who writes or goes to see him. chances are he will be there for a while because he has a public defender. i am would like anyone who lives in the area to email me if they would like to show suppoet to him.( writing him letters or going to a court date or anything that can be supportive to him. thanks everyone.
these are the things written by the local papers, just to let you know that i was there when he was arrested and he didn't hit anyone it was the exact opposite they hit him.. also dosn't it seem odd to anyone else if tom hit or kicked the cops why did they have injuries only to their hands. common sense will tell you that the cops were the ones doing the hitting especally if they had hand injuries.
anyone please email me even if it just to talk about this.
[email protected]

Two cops assaulted in arrest, police sayTwo men are sent to prison in lieu of bail after an incident in Plymouth.By KEVIN AMERMAN [email protected] â?? Two police officers were assaulted after crashing a pot-smoking session in Plymouth, police said.
Thomas Merritt Grasmeder, 24, and 21-year-old Christopher Roberts kicked and punched officers who responded to a neighborâ??s complaint that she smelled marijuana smoke, according to police.
Grasmeder was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and simple assault and one count each of resisting arrest, manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and disorderly conduct.
Roberts was charged with two counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a small amount of marijuana.
Both men were sent to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility in lieu of $20,000 straight bail by District Judge David Barilla, said police.
According to the Plymouth Police Department:
At about 8:36 p.m. on Monday, Plymouth Officer Kristofer Renfer was dispatched to a basement apartment at the rear of 258 E. Main St. for a report that the residents were smoking marijuana. Roberts answered the door and let the officer in. Renfer said he immediately smelled marijuana and saw several devices used to smoke it. He said he also saw marijuana plants growing under lights. He advised Grasmeder and Roberts that they were under arrest and they began to loudly curse at the officer, telling him to leave and get a search warrant.
They defied an officerâ??s order to place their hands behind their backs and Grasmeder shoved the officer in the chest and jumped on a bed as Roberts moved behind the officer. Renfer sprayed both men with a substance to startle them as a Larksville police officer, Daniel Lewis, arrived. Lewis attempted to take Grasmeder into custody as Renfer did the same with Roberts. Both men tried to avoid the arrests by kicking and punching at the officers. Grasmeder punched Lewis with a closed fist in the chest and upper body several times. Renfer assisted the officer after arresting Roberts and Grasmeder kicked him in the stomach, neck and groin.
The men were eventually led to the police station and officers obtained a search warrant at about 12:25 a.m. on Tuesday. They seized smoking devices, rolling papers, plant food, a UV light, a heat lamp, baggies, marijuana seeds and marijuana plants.
Later, police attempted to fingerprint Grasmeder and say he charged them, requiring four officers to overcome his force.
---------------
Police said they found 43 marijuana plants, plant food, potting soil and other drug paraphernalia inside the apartment of Christopher Roberts, 21, and Thomas M. Grasmeder, 24, at 258 E. Main St.

Plymouth Officer Kristopher Renfer responded to a complaint about a marijuana smell coming from the apartment.

Roberts invited Renfer inside. Renfer allegedly saw three pipes on a table and marijuana plants under a light inside an open closet. Roberts and Grasmeder told Renfer to get out and get a search warrant.

According to a police affidavit, Roberts grabbed the officer from behind and Grasmeder jumped on top of him.

Renfer sprayed the pair with pepper spray.

Police said Larksville Officer Dan Lewis, who responded to the scene, grabbed Grasmeder and attempted to arrest him. Renfer put Roberts in handcuffs and helped Lewis, who was still fighting with Grasmeder. Grasmeder kicked and punched Renfer and Plymouth Officer Anthony Gorey, according to Plymouth Acting Police Chief Robert M. Lehman.

Lehman said Gorey and Lewis sustained hand injuries and were treated and released from Wilkes-Barre General Hospital. Renfer sustained minor injuries and did not require medical treatment, Lehman said.

Roberts and Gresmeder were charged with assault, resisting arrest and drug offenses. They are being held at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility in lieu of $20,000 bail each.

Their preliminary hearing is set for March 29 at 10 a.m. at Luzerne County Central Court, Wilkes-Barre

smokefiend
03-26-2006, 11:38 PM
http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=legal&Group_ID=4560 Dont know if this is what you are looking for or not. Hope it helps a little