PDA

View Full Version : Which State Closest to Legalizing?

TresLeches
03-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Which state in the US is closest to legalization?

Oneironaut
03-15-2006, 05:02 PM
None of them. The federal government wouldn't allow it.

Great Spirit
03-15-2006, 06:01 PM
In Alaska you are permitted to have 4 ounces for personal use. That it is the only real de fato legal state in the US concerning cannabis. Probably Nevada, Colorado and California will enact state laws that will legalize and regulate cannabis first.

Frivolous248
03-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Colorado probably. Its already legal to possess an ounce in the biggest city there, which means if they can legalize it there they can get the whole state to legalize it.

nomadherbman
03-16-2006, 03:56 AM
maine u can have 1.3 ounces and get a 100 dollar ticket usualy they dont care, and up to five plants with a fine if i am correct

its definatly a 300 dollar first offense fine for anything under an ounce and a 1/4 and 5 or less plants will through you in jail untill bail is posted or your court date comes up and its a nice 1000 dolaar fine..

Demon420
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Nevada is trying to pass a bill to legalize, regulate, and tax marijuana, for sale at the age 21 and older.

Myth1184
03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
it isnt legal ANYWHERE to posess pot. Dont believe go..Go carry some in front of a Police officer in said Towns where you guys believe it to be legal..and see if you dont get arrested. If Cops ignore Federal law, the entire town loses Federal Funding, i doubt they gona chance that so you can get your high

Psycho4Bud
03-16-2006, 02:49 PM
In Alaska you are permitted to have 4 ounces for personal use. That it is the only real de fato legal state in the US concerning cannabis. Probably Nevada, Colorado and California will enact state laws that will legalize and regulate cannabis first.

You can also grow up to 25 plants for personal use and not get busted under the privacy act.:thumbsup:

Fengzi
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
it isnt legal ANYWHERE to posess pot. Dont believe go..Go carry some in front of a Police officer in said Towns where you guys believe it to be legal..and see if you dont get arrested. If Cops ignore Federal law, the entire town loses Federal Funding, i doubt they gona chance that so you can get your high

I can't vouch for any other cities but I know in San Francisco the cops won't do shit. There's been a number of recent cases where people were giving it away to "medical users" in front of the city hall. The cops did nothing. Technically they can give you $100 fine for less than an oz but few would bother. At most they might take it away but I think the general feeling is that its not worth their time. Maybe if you walked right up to a cop, called him a fucking pig, and blew smoke in his face he might cite you and send you on your way but if your just minding your own business they aren't going to bother you.