PDA

View Full Version : Family torn apart for LEGAL MMJ Garden-Sick wife beaten up/arrrested after

Rogue420
02-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey there everyone,
Well heres our sad bullshit story of police perversion....

Jason & Aileen Brooks appeal for help in their ongoing struggle to regain custody of their son after their medical marijuana bust in Grover Beach.
D. Gieringer

Hey there Brothers & Sisters,
On October 18th, 2005, our asshole landlord actually broke into our home after being told they were NOT allowed to enter and found our legal grow and called police. My sick wife was upstairs with my son, despite the report lies, and when the pigs showed up, they rushed in and broke in our bedroom door giving my already seriously ill wife a concussion and knocking her our, then kneeled on her to handcuff her while she lay there bleeding profusely in front of our son Matthew. After calling Dr Denney and verifying our current legal right to have the cannabis, they proceeded to arrest her and take our child. Stupid small town hick pigs did not care about the law. These cops are soo perverse that they even call a child molesting rapist "one of their finest". We are currently in Sacramento and......................................:confused : :mad:
Our fight continues to get our son Matthew back. CPS has had him away from us for 4 months now with no other reason than there being legal medical cannabis in our home. I Cannot even portray how damaging this has been for all of us and we are in serious need of any form of assistance from any one willing to lend a hand. There is hope yet though, as the lead investigator in our case shot and killed himself one day before he was to be arrested for molesting his own daughter and raping a woman. This is the kind of person that the Grover Beach Police department calls their "Finest" and he was mainly responsible for a lot of the lies being pushed against us. (Lt. Brian Thomas of Grover Beach PD-see the story below) This was a major blow to the prosecution and they are looking at having to drop all charges against us. Our next court date is Feb 28th in SLO county courthouse. Our next case for getting our son back should be within the next week, by law they have to. But you never know, very little that has happened to us has been according to the law, including my wife receiving a serious head concussion and a crippling back injury during the vicious arrest tactics of Grover Beach PD and their corrupt chief.
Unfortunately, beyond the initial assistance we were grateful to recieve, next to none has been made available to us since. Please pass the word along whether you are able to help us or not.
Be safe out there,

Sincerely & God Bless you all,
Jason & Aileen Brooks
Email: [email protected]

Subject: DPFCA: US CA: Grover Family Busted for Medical Pot Sender:
Newshawk: End Marijuana Prohibition http://www.mpp.org Pubdate: Fri, 28 Oct 2005
Source: New Times (San Luis Obispo, CA)

GROVER FAMILY BUSTED FOR MEDICAL POT

Grover Beach Police Arrest Suspects After Speaking to Their Doctor

Grover Beach Police broke into the home of Jason and Aileen Brooks last Tuesday, Oct. 18, to discover an elaborate marijuana growroom and a large cache of the dried herb. Police entered the apartment at 443 Trouville Ave. without a warrant, based on an erroneous report of an unattended child.

The Brookses' landlord, Gail Kemble, let an inspector into the apartment to conduct an unannounced inspection of the property, and he saw the Brookses' 4-year-old son playing alone on the staircase. Not knowing that the mother was upstairs in the bedroom, Kemble called the police.

When the police arrived, they began prying open cupboards, cabinets, and the locked door to a spare bedroom. In that bedroom and in the garage, they discovered a 4000-watt grow setup with close to 100 marijuana plants in various stages of growth, mostly un-rooted cuttings. Police also found Mrs. Brooks, who was promptly handcuffed and arrested, and 1.5 gallons of "concentrated liquid cannabis" - whatever that is.

Aileen explained her medical status to the arresting officers and provided them with her physician's phone number, as well as paperwork showing that they were caregivers for other patients in the area. The police made the call to Dr. Philip Denney, who verified that Aileen and Jason were both qualified medical marijuana patients who were using cannabis under his recommendation for severe back and neck pain related to injuries from a car accident.

After speaking to Dr. Denney, the officers proceeded with the arrest. Aileen and her son were both taken into custody, and she was charged with multiple felonies, including cultivation, possession for sale, and child endangerment. Their son has been temporarily placed in the custody of a relative.

The police report was completed with no mention of the suspects' medical status or the phone call to Dr. Denney. Lt. Brian Thomas maintained that "no medical documentation was provided to the arresting officers at the scene," although he does not deny that a phone call was made to "someone claiming to be a doctor."
"We'll wait to see the evidence that comes out," attorney Louis Koory observed. "I have confidence in the ability of the judge and the courts to enforce the law fairly."

Jason came home Tuesday evening to find his "worst nightmare:" an empty house, a dismantled growroom, and blood all over his bed. Aileen reported that she incurred a bloody nose during the arrest.
On Friday, Aileen's family posted bail - which had been reduced from $50,000 to $20,000 with the help of Koory - and she was released from jail. On Monday, her 26th birthday, Aileen appeared in court with Koory and had her arraignment postponed one week.
Also on Monday, Koory met with Grover Beach Police, who were issuing a warrant for Jason's arrest. Koory told New Times that he'd made a gentleman's agreement to surrender Jason, and that Lt. Thomas agreed to notify Koory before executing the warrant. Although not legally binding, such an arrangement is not uncommon, Koory said, and in his 14 years as an attorney, he can't remember such an agreement ever being dishonored.
After a failed attempt to contact Jason on his cell phone, the police returned to the Brookses' apartment shortly before 8 a.m. Tuesday and served the felony arrest warrant, without notifying Koory. Jason is now being held in county jail at $50,000 bail.
The Brooks family is scrambling to raise money for its legal defense fund, and asks that people contact Koory at 541-5411 to contribute.

Update!: Koory is no longer the lawyer for the Brooks' criminal cases, it has been taken over by Ilan Funke-Bilou of San Luis Obispo,CA and all donations should be either forwarded to Funke Bilou, sent directly to the Brooks famile at 6241 Whitecliff way, North Highlands, CA 95660 or at www.paypal.com @ [email protected]

California NORML (415) 563-5858 // [email protected]
2215-R Market St. #278, San Francisco CA 94114

Shelbay
02-22-2006, 11:06 AM
OMG- I did some research (sorry,wanted to be sure) and this IS America right??!! wtf...that had to be terrible him listening to that on his cell phone..this is not America..more like Old Russia. charged with 5lbs....when in reality only 8 oz were usable meds?? I hope people read the story on this one..this country gets scarier every day....hell I don't know what to say anymore:( God Bless.

Torog
02-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Howdy Rogue420,

Lord have mercy ! My thoughts and prayers are with you and yer family,and I wish that I could do something to help y'all:(

I too,have a court date on the 28th of this month for misedemeanor possesion and I'm very worried that the redneck judge here,will not even take my disability into consideration,I'm 100% disabled with a double-fusion in my spine,with degenerative disc disease setting in,and I'm in chronic pain,I'm 46 years old and my condition will not improve,it will only git worse.

I'm wondering,are y'all gonna be able to sue the cops and the county,for your wife's injuries ?

I'm too poor to afford a lawyer,so I'll have to rely on a public defender..I'm so glad that you don't have to rely on a court appointed attorney.

My daughter will be 26 years old next month and if any cop caused that kind of harm to her..I don't know what I'd do:mad:

Please keep us informed as to what happens,as this case affects us all.

Have a good one ...

GreenKing11
02-28-2006, 02:18 AM
That's terrible. Everything they did was against the law. It would be within the law if the feds did it but the state can't arrest medical marijuana licensed people for medical marijuana. I'm deeply sorry for everything. I can't believe they took your son? You didn't break the law.. I'm glad that stupid ass cop shot himself.

intheclouds
02-28-2006, 03:24 AM
I don't remember where I read it but it was a report from the US supreme court, In a similar instance, That the DEA should not be allowed to go in and confiscate MMJ from a patient. Hope you get your son back soon. And sue them good too. Good luck to you all!