PDA

View Full Version : LEO in your driveway?

Nullific
02-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Does anybody here know if it is 'legal' for a police cruiser to park in your driveway for half an hour? What kind of shit might they be doing there?

Shelbay
02-21-2006, 10:39 PM
If you have no "worries" around..I would go out and ask first of all if I could help since he is in my driveway..or if there is a problem..and then depending up on the reason for LEO in your driveway..if he is just sitting ..might be doing paperwork after a local call..any # of reasons..ask them if they drink coffee and would like a cup..I have before. Before I remarried I was very paranoid being alone and actually enjoyed seeing them around...We have a gate now so I don't see anyone in our driveway except us anymore...or expected visitors. I am not sure about legal..pull up your local ordinances?

mfactor420
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Does anybody here know if it is 'legal' for a police cruiser to park in your driveway for half an hour? What kind of shit might they be doing there?

I don't know about the laws where you live, but in Canada as far as I know, the cops have no business doing it, but they try. Most citizens say nothing, but I sure as hell would kick them off my property. Usually, they are using your driveway for a radar speed trap or looking for other traffic violators.