PDA

View Full Version : tozzy's grow... soil, flourescents, Afgani

turtle420
02-16-2006, 05:40 PM
hi all ! im new here and i have some questions
This is my first grow - it is a afgangi (i buyit from www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com)
it is 2 weeks old - it look fine ? light 24/24 and i think -is to little for 2 weeks! no?

http://boards.cannabis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50778&stc=1&d=1140100536

Well, it isn't a monster, but it doesn't look bad.

Why don't you start a thread? That's way better, as your specific questions can be address there...
What lights are you using? Temps?

New thread! :) That's always good... ;)

Thns !!! i use 4 bulbs 40W = 160W for this plant :) and a fluorescent UV tube (Philips) it is good?
U see in the picture the bulbs!
I give to plant light 24/24 it is OK ?
Thnks again - PEACE -
The flourescent... is it one of those violet, glow in the dark lights?

If it is, I don't think it'll do anything for your plants. Maybe it will... but I don't know (maybe somebody can chime in?)...

Light nomenclature...
xx/yy
xx=hours ON
yy=hours OFF

So, if you're running your lights all the time ON, it's 24/0.

That's good. You can also run them 18/6. I only have experience witht he 18/6. Your choice... both are fine.

Can you give us the dimensions to your grow area? Height x length x width... inches, meters, feet, etc...

Get as much lights as your budget will alow... You can grow the plant with those lights, and also flower them. But you'll get more BUDS out of a HID (High Intensity Discharge) lamp... either MH or HPS (Metal Halide or a High Pressure Sodium) bulb.

If you can't buy both, try and grow the plant with the flourescents, and if possible, buy a HPS for flowering...

Best,

-turtle420 :cool:

tozzy
02-16-2006, 09:46 PM
1-Thanks for the Thread
2-i giv u dimensions tomorow and some wew pics ;-)
3-my grow box is a improvisation in my wardrobe :-))
4-Thanks again :thumbsup:

turtle420
02-17-2006, 01:38 AM
1-Thanks for the Thread
2-i giv u dimensions tomorow and some wew pics ;-)
3-my grow box is a improvisation in my wardrobe :-))
4-Thanks again :thumbsup:
Hey tozzy,
Great!

Many helpfull people here on these boards... I'm on my 1st grow, and all I've learned, I've learned from these boards. So, you're in good hands ;)

Best tozzy,

-turtle420 :cool:

tozzy
02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
This is my "grow space" in my closet" :) width=35cm(it is posible to increase);length=54cm(fix) and height=120cm(max 160cm)
-extra nutrient -
-light sistem
-my baby :)

P E A C E

tozzy
02-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Soil is : peaty with sand

tozzy
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
The light cicle now i changeit 18/6 - light is 4 bulbs 40w everyone Total 160W + UV light

tozzy
02-17-2006, 03:09 PM
again my grow box =)) :dance:

justaseed
02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
you need to get those bulbs alot closer to the plants. try for no more than 3-4inches away from the tops, otherwise those plants are gonna stretch like mad. flourescent light has a penetration of only 4inches! if you have a fan blowing you can get them practically touching the plants without burning them. just be careful!

edit:
also you NEED PERLITE mixed in your soil(ratio 32part soil to 1 part perlite)also if you are using a peat based mix you will need to add 1-2 tsp of dolimitic lime per gal of soil or you ph is gonna be way to low and that will cause all sorts of problems such as various nute lockouts. i shoot for a ph of 6.4.

tozzy
02-22-2006, 09:34 AM
the shank is spidery in the foliage zone ! she die ?