PDA

View Full Version : Ok peeps gots 2 questions for cabinet experts

scarecrow2505
02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
OK here we go im starting a scrog cabinet grow im wanting to use a bubbler system how many gallon rubbermaid container will i need to raise 6 plants from clone to end of flowering also can the dull aquarium gravel be used as a medium . oh and outa curiosity how close can i ger 300 watts of hps light to tops of plants. :rasta:

turtle420
02-10-2006, 06:56 PM
OK here we go im starting a scrog cabinet grow im wanting to use a bubbler system how many gallon rubbermaid container will i need to raise 6 plants from clone to end of flowering also can the dull aquarium gravel be used as a medium . oh and outa curiosity how close can i ger 300 watts of hps light to tops of plants. :rasta:
5 gallons per plant seems good. DWC??

Aquarium gravel... I think it'd be optimum if you'd buy Hydroton Pebbles or simple BBQ lava rocks... wash them both very, very good. But, if you must use the gravel,... ???

Distance for the 300W HPS? Well, as close as possible, so long as the plants aren't burning.

You're not planning on using one 300W HPS for all 6 plants, are you?
You can do it... but... um... can you get more power? If not... can you try with less plants?

Best,

-turtle420 :cool:

scarecrow2505
02-10-2006, 07:45 PM
ok my demensions are 2ft wide 18inches deep 4ft tall i wanna do six but just have about 1.5 square feet its one of those rubbermaid closet deals 300 watts seems like alot in that confined space resolved some heat problems how many would you suggest in this setup my space is limited but i want to scrog in this cab in bottom and use top for a mother plant the demensions is just for the bottom chamber this is my first cab grow i will be posting pics after i get my problems resolved thanx turtle

mightymarijuanabuds
02-13-2006, 03:42 AM
those are the exact dimensions of my cab.. 1.5'x2'x4'

i run a 150w hps with 60w of extra fluoro lights on the side... my last grow was mango and yielded almost 1.5oz/plant... 3 gal planters, airstone under the soil, fox farm nutes, and was raised from seed under 12/12 due to a scheduling problem my seedlings had to start in 12/12 so i just left them there :/