PDA

View Full Version : Another lighting question ~ VERTICALLY SET LIGHTS

JustSurfin
02-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Hello Fellow Growers.

I've used standard 48" fluorescent shop lights with cool white bulbs in the past and had great results. Has anybody ever tried using them set VERTICALLY instead of horizontally? The growing area is a closet 2' x 2' x 8' ceiling. I could easily put one double 48" set in each of the four corners of the closet. Will the light set vertically adversly affect growth or bud production. Going to try "lowryder" Please help.

Thanks,
Mark

turtle420
02-08-2006, 01:47 AM
There's a guy over in hg420.com that's growing like that... vertically.

He isn't using flourescents, he's using HIDs... but set vertically, like you describe.

I'm going to try and do a search over there and put a link here... :)

justaseed
02-08-2006, 03:03 AM
i have seen a set-up with 4ft strips vertically set totally around the plant so it had even light top to bottom on all sides. i think they were t5's

JustSurfin
02-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Hello Justaseed,

How did the plants do? Healthy? Bud production okay?

Thanks,
Mark

justaseed
02-08-2006, 05:08 AM
yes he had excellent results . i had a link to the grow diary but unfortunately the canadian police have that server now! i wish i could remember his name. i was interested in t5's instead of the t12's i now have. t5's put out alot more light than ordinary flouros without a great deal more heat. it is still a great idea if you have the right space. i love my 4fter's i get a great footprint from 8 of them. 2ftx4ft exactly with all plants getting equal amount of light. that's why i haven't switched to a 400mh.

JustSurfin
02-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Did you say you were using a four bank of 24" t-5 fluoros? The lumens being about 8000?