PDA

View Full Version : trying my first grow with mini box caddie

angryhippie
02-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok I have the mini caddie from sunlight sheds I bought about 3 months ago and am finally getting around to setting it up. Its not very tall and has a small hydro system in it. It has room for 14 plants but never get that many into it sez vet mobay. Here is the site for it. Check it out. http://www.sunlightsheds.com/mini-caddy.htm

I figure I need mostly indica because of the growing limits I have. So I got 10 northern lights seeds. I'll take the advice of mobay and plant 4 I quess.- This might sound like dumb question ( there will be plenty) Did you put just ONE seed/plant in each starter plug or several?

Hey mobay! Help I'm sinkingggg. Can you help me on how much nutrients to put in (I know wait) and other crap. I have read put in about 1/2 or less than they recommend when starting...Mobay did yours come with three bottles of nutrients?- I got here floramicro (5-0-1) floragro (2-1-6) and florabloom (0-5-4). I also have a small bottle of floralicious plus. Also a small spray bottle of spray-n-grow...

You think mobay I should germ first or put seeds right in the organic starter plugs? They say you can do that also.

Looks like everything works. Got the water running to each net pot it looks like. air, water pump works, haven't checked fogger yet. Hoping to do this slowly.....

mobay
02-07-2006, 05:12 PM
i would germ first because you can check under the papertowels daily, instead of looking at the starter plugs 24/7 lol. check your ph of the water and make sure its in between the gold and yellow colors.

angryhippie
02-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok. I'm going to get distilled water because I have soft water here. We have our own well but wife has to have freaking soft water. PH should be low with distilled I imagine..50 to 100 maybe? ... Ok I asked about the space problem to sunlight sheds. He sez force to flower at 5-7 inches??? Can you do that and still have good buds with potency?? hummmm

Also I have get some kind of system to change the water in res every two weeks or so, I'm not carrying the res full of water from bedroom to sink in other room, what do you suggest master? Me humble grower from woods that have much to learn from old great wise mobay:thumbsup:

mobay
02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
the way i change my nute every 2 weeks is , i have another res. that i get a gallon jug and add water til its 5 inches from the top of res, and mark off where it would be in the other. and the way i fill and drain is the same with a kerosene battery operated pump. this time of the year every hardware store should have one. so i fill up in my bathtub and measure my nutes right there. use your ppm meter to make your nutes exact , very easy once you do it the first time. do you have a ppm chart? and when your not doing anything check these grows out. www.urbangrower.com

angryhippie
02-07-2006, 11:19 PM
It came with a tds meter and small ph tester and ph up and down....So every two weeks you change the water and nutes right? Empty old water w/ nutes in it and fill up new water and add nutes again? This tub isn't as big as the big caddy one so I would like to test nute level somewhere besides my bathtub. Maybe another small res? They tell you at sunlight to add no nutes up to 2 inches tall. 3-6 inches 300-500 ppm...7-15 inches 600-1000 ppm over 16 1200-1500 ppm. I have checked out urban grower, good stuff

mobay
02-07-2006, 11:30 PM
no i dont use my bathtub to mix the nutes i use the bathtub to fill my res to the level i marked off.lol tub fills faster. that is true no nutes until then

angryhippie
02-08-2006, 12:15 AM
LOL I thought that was strange, bathtub?

mobay
02-08-2006, 12:19 AM
how are you germing your seeds

angryhippie
02-08-2006, 01:34 AM
I used some bag seed to practice on. Got a few to go and put them in peat pots under flo light just to see 4 little leaves then threw them away. Avg weed, no point. I soaked for 24 in distilled water and put under two plates with moist paper towels. I have 10 NL seeds and don't want to screw them up. Maybe start with 5? Then if they all germ in can put them in peat pots until it pops up and put into system I was thinking. 4 in corners and one closer to middle. What you think?

mobay
02-08-2006, 09:22 AM
try the papertowel method on a plate and place the plate inside of a zip lock bag.my trick is i place the bag on a heating pad in the closet ( no light) to speed up my process. but if you do keep an eye on them so they dont dry out, keep towels moist. the only reason iam suggesting you start with 4-5 seeds is so you can get the hang of it, as for me i didnt have anyone to help with the way the cabs work air stone, fogger ,and drip method. but that fogger is the shit man.. dont worry its just you and me typing so far and you can see people checking what we write but when you start posting pics, they will join in and give you much love bro.

angryhippie
02-08-2006, 02:23 PM
try the papertowel method on a plate and place the plate inside of a zip lock bag.my trick is i place the bag on a heating pad in the closet ( no light) to speed up my process. but if you do keep an eye on them so they dont dry out, keep towels moist. the only reason iam suggesting you start with 4-5 seeds is so you can get the hang of it, as for me i didnt have anyone to help with the way the cabs work air stone, fogger ,and drip method. but that fogger is the shit man.. dont worry its just you and me typing so far and you can see people checking what we write but when you start posting pics, they will join in and give you much love bro.

I live up north and its cold in here. I like it cold. Well not as cold as it used to be ..warmest Jan ever up here, but humans aren't escalating that are they? naaaaa....Maybe thats why I didn't have that great of success with the bagseed. But genetics played a part too, crappy seeds... Heating pad, I have one somewhere.... Thanks for sticking with me mobay.. appreciate it

turtle420
02-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Fogger, what fogger?

mobay
02-08-2006, 03:19 PM
its a fogger that is placed inside of the res. to fog the roots with the nute juice , thats how my grow went so fast Turtle420.

angryhippie
02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Mine came with one

mobay
02-08-2006, 04:12 PM
1 or 2 hip , mine came with 2

scobbie
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
angry hippie you are get advice from the right guy you seen the growth in this dudes plants fuckin amazing keep posting about your results with that fogger as i will have one soooon courtesy of a goooood freind so let me know how you get on and if you mail me at [email protected] i would like to ask you something keep it up mate

angryhippie
02-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Since mines smaller mine only needs one I quess.

Da1KrayzieThug
02-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Mobay I'm pretty sure yours came with 2 because yours probably came with a cloner and that's what the second one was meant for.

mobay
02-09-2006, 02:59 AM
damn thug your on it aint cha.do you have the shed? hey hippie email scobbie and ask him about the seed soak before your next germ.