PDA

View Full Version : Intresting Grow Room Set Up With GOOD PICS!

Tomthehippie
02-07-2006, 01:58 PM
My Grow Room Setup. Like to know what people think. also included in room: Digital Thermo-Hygrometer, Combo Nutrient and Grow Room Thermometer, ADWA EC Meter, soil dampness meter, PH Meter. the room isnt big but should be able to grow 3 plants. walls to be coverd in mylar and white/black reflective sheeting. Anyway love to know what people think or if we could make it better.

turtle420
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Looks good :)

From my experience, once you start building and fitting, and actually looking/touching the setup, are you able to make modifications that are worthwhile. Not in a bad way, but, you should go for it. Simply start buying the stuff you need (leave the meters for later --) and go ahead and put it together.

Can you post pics of the proposed location? It'd be good to be able to look at the intricacies of the "loft".

BTW: Are you a graphics artists or something? Shit man... my plans are usually done by hand... in a very, um, "scribble encrypted way". Once I draw it, I can't figure it out! lol !

Carry on my friend, and welcome to the boards!

-turtle420 :cool:

Tomthehippie
02-07-2006, 07:48 PM
lol. self employed web designer so close. Iv got most of the gear already including the meters but iv been planning this for a while. Yea il add a pic as u can see, havent got a lot of space to work with. so i want to make it all neat and efficient.

turtle420
02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Now I see what you mean by "loft".

Well, do you plan on cutting and screwing wood pieces? You can do a very nice flower room there... with a door, ventilation and stuff.

What do you plan to do? Plant seeds and flower those plants? Or take clones?
?

mobay
02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
this is my simple box. one thing thou you should have a intake vent at the lower level, cause when you exhaust the heat out from the top, i see that you have the intake next to it , bring the cool air in from the bottom, and exit the heat from the top.

Tomthehippie
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
im goin to grow from seed. i just moved house and i cant find anywhere that sells MDF panels! its doing my head in. yea i plan to have the air in take descending to the bottom of the room and attaching the extractor out at the very top. il post pics as i progress with the room. i polly filled all the cracks yesterday, to day im fitting the 1st layer of sheeting. Im still waiting for the mylar to get here but iv got the norm black/white material.

elcheapo
02-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Looks good. Thinking things out before hand always pays off.
Don't know if it fits in to your plans but wouldn't having the intake coming in at the bottom be easier? I was thinking you might lose fan pressure and grow room space running it in from the top.
Turtle is right too. Sometimes you find good cheap materials you can incorporate without extra cutting etc. Sort of building it based on standard materials and ideas rather than a definite plan. All my ideas are in my head and 'usually' well thought out. Then I go to the hardware store and it all comes together from there.
Don't know about your growing experience but I would recommend hydro over soil. Go that extra mile and plan a basic hydro setup as well. Initial setup cost will be a little more but it should simplify and maximize this grow and future grows.
Sorry.. Couldnā??t help but notice and say something : Iv = I've (I have) :)

Tomthehippie
02-08-2006, 12:19 PM
yea it would make loads more sense to have the intake at the bottom but then i cudnt open the grow room door, plus if u look in that photo (in the 3rd post) theres another door to the left that swings open clockwise. its why iv had to think about it lol. yea the space is small its bout 70 inch square. the only other way i thought bout doing it is maybe growing stocky plants and having a shelf inthe middle so i can grow twice as much but id have to get another light.

Tomthehippie
02-08-2006, 12:38 PM
im only planning to grow 2 plants in the space but thease pics put the space into prosepective. the brim of the pots is just over 10 inches.

elcheapo
02-08-2006, 12:49 PM
If you are building it fairly air tight and have a good exhaust fan, depending on what type of lighting you will use, maybe you could get away with a flap. For example, a gap in the bottom of the door with a flap of mylar hanging down. The suction of the exhaust fan will draw air in, lifting the flap. If the exhaust fan switches off during night cycle, the flap will return making it fairly light proof still. Also a small fan blowing at the plants and the light/s will help strengthen the stems and assist air flow in and then out toward the exhaust. Itā??s probably a dumb idea but I love a good basic setup. Especially if itā??s cheap. :) Iā??m currently running a single plant setup this way. What are your thoughts on going hydro?

Tomthehippie
02-08-2006, 01:52 PM
yea hydro is on my list of things to do. lol. this is my 1st indoor setup. i want to go hydro but after iv done passive soil. iv already got all the gear. yea a flaps a good idea but odder might be more of a problem? i bought some oder killer as well. it doesnt mask the smell but neutralises it. im using 400w hps lighting system.

elcheapo
02-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Don't know alot about 400watt HIDs but I know they crank out a fair bit of heat. That combined with trichome rich buds is going to create a lot of smell. My flap idea may not be suitable in this situation. You may need to think about cooltubes and carbon scrubbers too.

Tomthehippie
02-08-2006, 03:22 PM
cooltubes and carbon scrubbers? yea thats a good point. do u think a 400w light might be to large for that space? as in will it melt theplastic of the walls?? pics of sheeting added to walls.

altagid
03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
No it wont melt the plastic if you have any kind of exhaust at all. But you will have trouble keep the temp <80 with the door closed unless you have a very good setup for extracting the heat from the lamp. IMO a cooltube or somesuch is definitely called for here

Great setup!

Tomthehippie
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
iv got the tem spot on by chance. :D