PDA

View Full Version : My first grow.

Pothed
02-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Hello i'm new to these forums and need some advice/tips/help along my journey of growing my babies XD

first off, what are the flowering and vegetation stages?

in depth description, what is the cycle of plant growing? (i.e: lighting schedule from start to end, feeding schedule, watering, the basics for growing a "Decent" plant...)

i'm using a hollow'd out speaker thats 8 inches wide (front of speaker to the back) 1 foot wide (left side to right side) and 2'10" tall. this enough room for just 1 plant? also. what should i use for the "walls" of the inside?

as for lighting, what should i use for this setup?

ventilation, is it necesary for my setup?

what type of soil? what kind of food?

This is my first grow and i hope to get high in the end :rasta:

Harvesthetic
02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi amigo, welcome to the forums.

Hey, I'd love to give you all the pointers you need but what you're asking can all be found on this site or on others :).

vegetation is when you put light on your plants for 18 hours, or 24 hours.
flowering is when you put light on your plants for 12 hours

the cycle of the plant is to be found everywhere here :)

your speaker is a bit too small IMO but i've seen pple growing in smaller spaces, so good luck :)

for lighting, it's best to use some sort of Envirolite for vegetation, and a Metal Halide or HPS for flowering. (this is gonna cost ya :()

ventilation is always necessary. you don't want your girls suffocating like crazy.

soil & food... I don't know, the choice is so big you might wanna do some product comparison.

No get out there and grow some tomatoes ! :D

justaseed
02-03-2006, 01:49 PM
here is a limk to get you started. do some reading and come back with any questions you may have. i'm new to this forum as well but in the few days i've been around, i've met alot of great people with tons of grow experience! and they all seem happy to help!!!

http://www.growing-marijuana.org/guide.html

Pothed
02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
i got a light the other day from a friend, he said that it would work, just wanted to make sure. is 2900 lumens enough for 1 plant?

mobay
02-08-2006, 09:40 AM
www.cannabis.us.com go to the grow guide and it will tell you everything from a-z. good luck. and also this will help you grow as well www.urbangrower.com