PDA

View Full Version : battleground states

teresaj2k
08-07-2004, 09:18 AM
i'm in one of the ever popular battleground states. i've lost count of how many times bush or kerry have been to my city, let alone the state! and the commercials, damn! they're getting evil. i can't wait for november. my vote goes to kerry, if for no other reason than to not vote for bush. but i fear bush will win. i really think he will win. at least i'm not setting myself up for disapointment. who else here is in one of the battleground states?

Libertarian Toker
08-09-2004, 12:06 PM
IT GROWS AS IT GOES: BADNARIK SEEKS MOMENTUM IN NEW MEXICO
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 8, 2004
P.O.C. Stephen Gordon
(256)227-8360
[email protected]
http://www.badnarik.org

Albuquerque, NM - Will the 2004 election turn on New Mexico's five electoral votes? It's impossible to tell -- but the nation's presidential hopefuls are converging on this battleground state for a showdown. The decisive factor may very well be the dark horse campaign of Libertarian candidate Michael Badnarik.

Already polling at 5% in a Rasmussen survey of 620 New Mexico adults, Badnarik arrives today for a week-long visit. He's intent on adding to the impact of his campaign's $65,000 ad campaign in the state.

New Mexico may or may not be the decisive state in November. But, says Badnarik, "it is decisive right now in terms of establishing the nation's real political center. By being competitive here, I force the Republicans and Democrats to explain themselves to voters nationwide."

"And the thing is," he continues, "they can't explain themselves. New Mexicans are asking the tough questions -- and they're getting poor answers from everyone except me."

Badnarik's ads take equal opportunity shots at Bush and Kerry on issues from the Iraq war to deficit spending to immigration. "Our goal isn't to pick on either of the bad candidates," says Badnarik's communications director, Stephen Gordon. "It's to highlight the best candidate and to create a permanent, key voting bloc supporting a set of truly American principles and policies. By viably competing in battleground states, we attract the attention needed to gain momentum everywhere."

Badnarik agrees. "When I get our message in front of the voters, they respond," he says. "What's been missing in previous elections is the ability to contend at the ballot box. We're changing that right here, right now. I'm in this to win, and we're moving the nation's political center permanently toward liberty."

As the Libertarian Party's presidential nominee, Badnarik will be a ballot choice for voters in 49 or 50 states and the District of Columbia.