PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Che Guevara?

rastabill89
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Who Is Che Guevara? I see alot of like kids wearing him on their shirt and most of them are the stoner kids and i looked him up and i cant find much stuff about him like why do stoners like him what did he do??

Bill

Powder Puff
01-23-2006, 09:03 PM
He was a dude over in Argentina.. I've been to his school.. Actually, he was a rebel..:)

You have to find SOMETHING on google about him..:)

Harvesthetic
01-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Who is Che Guevara??? :eek: This a joke?

beachguy in thongs
01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/Che+Guevara

xNoa
01-23-2006, 09:25 PM
yeh if you typed that name into google youd get enough info to last you a life time..

SmokinSooner
01-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Che Guevara was a doctor from Argentina who helped out Castro during the Cuban revolution. After Castro took power, Che led revolutionary causes throughout South America, including Bolivia, where he and a few of his fellow guerrillas were killed by US. CIA operatives. Che was a militant communist and relied heavily on the use of guerrilla tactics coupled with revolutionary ideals to promote his aims. He was a great man and died doing defending what he believed. I would suggest seeing the film The Motorcycle Diaries and learn more about Che's earlier life... there is also a very interesting documentary you can get from NetFlix called El Che: Investigating a legend...

Az.
01-23-2006, 10:17 PM
to be honest...the only thing i knew about him before this thread was that he had somthing to do witha revolution....
....i also had seen picture upon picture of him, but never really thought about looking at what he did what his aims were etc etc

deathbyvalley
01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
i hate the fact that peope wear shirts with him on it and they don't even know what it means. especially yuppies.

Harvesthetic
01-23-2006, 10:35 PM
i hate the fact that peope wear shirts with him on it and they don't even know what it means. especially yuppies.
Do you dislike kids wearing Bob Marley t's without knowing jack sh*t about him too? I used to hate those hypocrits too, but hey... They're walking billboards for the good cause, so they're allowed too imho..

Awill3449
01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
The shirts don't really mean anything. Maybe they're for liberalism/revolutionaries...I'm not really quite sure.
Che: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

deathbyvalley
01-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Do you dislike kids wearing Bob Marley t's without knowing jack sh*t about him too? I used to hate those hypocrits too, but hey... They're walking billboards for the good cause, so they're allowed too imho..
yeah, i do. i think that if you're gonna waste your money on something, you might as well know what you're "supporting."

oh, an interesting side note- he was born in the same province or whatever that my mom was born in (Rosario)

beachguy in thongs
01-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Here, save this site to your favorites.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

It has Dictionary/thesaurus-Computing dictionary-Medical dictionary-Legal dictionary- Financial dictionary-Acronyms-Idioms-Columbia encyclopedia-Wikipedia encyclopedia.

tokosan
01-23-2006, 10:47 PM
google.com has officially been ruled obsolete itt

BabyFacedAbortion
01-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Erm, so he was just another revolutionary guy?

What the fuck, I don't know, this makes me mad for some reason. Like basically t-shirt companies are flipping thru history books and picking out random [important] guys and throwing them on shirts? Just another tactic for the government to make us learn shit, whether it's important or not.

I make no sense I bet but c'mon, cut the shit and stop following retarded trends.

Az.
01-23-2006, 11:10 PM

What the fuck, I don't know, this makes me mad for some reason. Like basically t-shirt companies are flipping thru history books and picking out random [important] guys and throwing them on shirts? Just another tactic for the government to make us learn shit, whether it's important or not.

I make no sense I bet but c'mon, cut the shit and stop following retarded trends.

no no no

he did good things for many many people.....i know that much aswell.....he was a good man.....i also know there was a plantet of the apes t-shirt made in the same style as his t-shirts....lol....i think
(ima look)
ok i just ooked and it looks like loads of people hate him....they probly dont know what he did either....lol.....

Here, save this site to your favorites.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

It has Dictionary/thesaurus-Computing dictionary-Medical dictionary-Legal dictionary- Financial dictionary-Acronyms-Idioms-Columbia encyclopedia-Wikipedia encyclopedia.

Awsome dude thanks alot!

beachguy in thongs
01-23-2006, 11:11 PM
google.com has officially been ruled obsolete itt
I can't get to google.com with Firefox, I know you use it, too.

Yeah, Az., that site's awesome.

rastabill89
01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
I can't get to google.com with Firefox, I know you use it, too.

Yeah, Az., that site's awesome.

lol im useing firefox also you cant get to google with firefox?

Az.
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
k found the shirts....

eddievanzant
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Rastabill, meet wikipedia.org
Wikipedia.org, meet rastabill.
Seriously, if you haven't found any good information, you haven't looked in the best places. I'm gonna do everyone who isn't already informed a favor a make the link really big.
Wikipedia.org!!!!!!!!!!! (wikipedia.org)

Az.
01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Wikipedia.org!!!!!!!!!!! (wikipedia.org)

Wikipedia is the way to go.....love that site

also http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ lol ;)

SmokinSooner
01-24-2006, 04:51 AM

Its not about it being a "trend", I agree that the shirts do transcend popular culture but it is also a cultural icon. There are huge mosaics, murals and paintings of Che in Havana, Paris, Amsterdam (on the inside of a bridge near the Heineken Experience), London and even New York. I agree that one should know about Che before wearing the shirt (I wear my proudly ;) ) though... I find most people who would shop at a place that sells Che shirts as a trendy item probably don't market to the most intellectual of clientele and their customers are probably fucking imbeciles.

king kong bong
01-24-2006, 09:16 AM

they also have serial killer t shirts. hmmmmmm charles manson.......

dirty raider
01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
The fact that people are making money by selling t-shirts with his image on goes against everything he believed in. Damn capitalist pigs.

Breukelen advocaat
01-24-2006, 12:06 PM
There are also "Anti-Che" Shirts - not as common, but the sentiment is more in keeping with the values of democracy and capitalism.

deathbyvalley
01-24-2006, 10:48 PM
lol, when i worked at a tutoring company, one of the teachers would wear that "Commies aren't cool" t-shirt.

pabloescobar209
01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
thats the bases of Abercrombie