PDA

View Full Version : Shut up about amsterdam

bristol bred
01-23-2006, 11:03 AM
why is it every week someone comes on the site and starts a thread about Bud becoming illegal or tourists not being able to smoke in a,dam.
so i though i could set the record straight
Bud in amsterdam is ILLEGAL, it is only tolerated, its seen as being controled and keeping people away from hard drugs.
Amsterdam is not making it ilegal to sell to tourists, this has been propositioned but has been turned down, as 'drug' tourists make up a huge proportion on the money spent in the cafe's
The new EU smoking Regulations, ie stating that employees should not be subjected to harmful smoke such as tobacco etc is the only legislation which could harm a,dam. Currentley your not allowed to smoke at bars or Eating cafe's. Brown cafes have always asumed to be excluded in this, as one goes there to smoke. But its recently been rules they have to comply and they have until something like 2008 to sort it out.

So please will people do some research themselves, or stop putting up the same threads.

peace :rasta:

Rarrr
01-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Shut up about amsterdam
Hypocrite :D

bristol bred
01-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Dude im telling anyone who keeps asking 'is bud going to illegal soon' to shut up, why is it some people dont bother to do research themselves, they just ask other people to do it for them

esrabalamir
01-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Hypocrite :D
:D
u r #1 RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :D

Harvesthetic
01-23-2006, 11:39 AM
So you want to shut down the dialogue?
No need to proclaim this fleeting truth. The only thing consistent is change. I for one am glad that it raises awareness the way it does.
No offence, don't procrastinate, participate.

Metaxas
01-23-2006, 11:45 AM
As long as they don't fuck up freely accessable bud before I get to go this year for a week or so, I don't give a shit. :D

Inspiration
01-23-2006, 11:46 AM
LOL....

Perhaps the reason there are many threads is that some people are new to the board, maybe even new to researching on the Net.... who knows....

You are absolutely right about the status of Cannabis in the Netherlands - it is Illegal, but tolerated. The dialogue on this site often refers to the changing level of tolerand in the Netherlands as a whole - there are a set of interesting debates going on...

So, if the situation keeps changing, why is it a surprise that people ask questions???

More than that, if you are assuming that nothing changes, then you introduce risk for yourself....

/me jumps off his soap box, opens it, and heads for his annual bath

bristol bred
01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
one general pejudice people have about stoners is they cant be bothered to do anything, thus proving them right.
2nd, even if you are new, if u just check out the threads you would see the answer before making an identical post :dance:

Rarrr
01-23-2006, 12:57 PM
u r #1 RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
:D why thankyou.
I kept having to scroll back up so I could remember the thread topic :stoned:

Inspiration
01-23-2006, 01:14 PM
one general pejudice people have about stoners is they cant be bothered to do anything, thus proving them right.

Not sure its prejudice - think its the truth... lol

Rarrr
01-23-2006, 02:03 PM
u r #1 RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :D

esrabalamir
01-23-2006, 02:29 PM
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!
:D:D:D

Reefer Rogue
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
why is it every week someone comes on the site and starts a thread about a,dam.

You're rite. We shud have more dxm threads >_>

TonyD
01-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Your wrong in that their not going to do it, there testing it in a town on the border with France and Germany but not for another 2 years. It will be then taken to court to see if its legitimate under dutch law if it is it will be brought in across Holland.

But not for years, thats if it does get through court.

luvbud
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Reading the same thread topics over and over is kind of annoying. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of any place in the world where pot is totally legal. It is decriminalized in many states/countries. There are a few med patients who get stuff from the gov't. legally. I guess people see Amsterdam as the pot capital, because of the coffee shops and hype through the media, etc. As for stoners getting a bad rep yes they usually do, but I know a few that are so straight with degrees and good jobs you wouldn't even know they toked and then there are the ones like me kind of inbetween. :twocents: