PDA

View Full Version : my closet growing

KALAMATIANO
01-20-2006, 01:57 PM
yesterday my plant just got out of the soil and is now like the picture below!i have 2 grolux lambs 18w each!i have made aa construction with aluminium paper as the picture below and i take advantage of all the 36watts!the lamb is 20 cm above the soil!so what do you think about my first attemp?any suggestions?

KALAMATIANO
01-20-2006, 02:02 PM
how often sould i provide water to the plant?

KALAMATIANO
01-20-2006, 02:42 PM
and what do you think about a 24/0 programm for the lights for a couple of weeks?

turtle420
01-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Hello Kalamatiano,

Your efforts look good my friend. Keep them up!
How often to water? One day yes, one day no, one day yes, ... Don't over do it.
24/0 for a couple of weeks: perfect. That's what I did. I changed to 18/6 later to try and save a little on electricity.

:)

Welcome to the boards!

-turtle420 :cool:

KALAMATIANO
01-20-2006, 07:29 PM
nice to here good things about my efforts!i keep studing about it!i have read that the leaves good to make hash not only the bud when can i cut the leaves to make has?are there special leaves that are used for hash?if the plant is male it is useless?i can not use the leaves?thank you in advance for helping me! :thumbsup:

Nochowderforyou
01-20-2006, 08:49 PM
nice to here good things about my efforts!i keep studing about it!i have read that the leaves good to make hash not only the bud when can i cut the leaves to make has?are there special leaves that are used for hash?if the plant is male it is useless?i can not use the leaves?thank you in advance for helping me! :thumbsup:

Yes, the leaves are good for making hash, and you use the leaves at harvest time, at the end of its life. When you trim the buds of all the leaves is when you'd want to dry out the leaves/trimmings, and make hash.

Special leaves? No, not really, but the best leaves to use are the small, leaf trimmings from the buds. They are loaded with small trichs and will give you some nice smoke. The mor etrichs, the better the hash.

If the plant is male, it isn't 100% useless, but not the greatest either. Males don't produce buds or much THC, so if you end up with a male, cook some food with it as it would take quit a bit of male plant matter to get even a small amount of hash.

Good luck, peace

KALAMATIANO
01-21-2006, 11:07 AM
i took the seed from a bud that i bought to smoke and i saw a strange black almost seed it was the only different from the others and i put it in the soil!how much are the chances to be a female do you think?next month i will go to england and buy from there some feminised seeds does anyone know if i can pass them through the airport check?

Sativagrowin
01-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Your chances of it being female are 50%.

When you go to england just mail the package from there. That way you don't have to worry about airport checks. Then your beans will be safe and sound in the mail. LOL maybe even on the same plane as you.

Laterz

Swizzy89304
01-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Heya, seeds are totally legal in the UK, but as soon as you germinate them you are committing a criminal offence - so keep things quiet! Im glad to hear that your plant is doing OK, Ive got a 25w flouro (used in a fish tank), two 40w bulbs - like the ones in your living room - and a 20w CFL, and I plan to use them all. I was thinking that they wont generate enough light or lumens, but they should be OK judging by your setup. Id just like to add that this site http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Details.asp?ProductID=207&maincat=293&subcat=296 has a 600w CFL for £20 at the moment, could be worth a look (unless youre broke, like me!)
Good luck with the plant mate! :D

KALAMATIANO
01-22-2006, 01:14 AM
i was wondering if it is a good solution to use common bulbs in your set up they dont add as many lumens as a 40 grolux and you waste a lot of electicity in heating!just spent more 10â?¬ it would be much better for your plant imao!

Nochowderforyou
01-22-2006, 04:47 PM
i was wondering if it is a good solution to use common bulbs in your set up they dont add as many lumens as a 40 grolux and you waste a lot of electicity in heating!just spent more 10â?¬ it would be much better for your plant imao!

No, standard light bulbs do not work for growing. They give off a lot of heat and don't produce the correct light spectrum. You'll be wasting more energy than it will be taking in. Plants only take in about 8% of regular bulbs, the remaining 92%, is useless light, thus, useless to use.

The only bulbs suitable for growing are:

Mh
Hps
Sunlight (duh!)
CFL's/Floro tubes
Mh/Hps conversion bulbs (Hortilux)

That's all you can use.

I suggest, ditch the regular bulbs, use them for reading a book :), get yourself a few CFL bulbs, those are the spiral bulbs, they screw into a regular light socket, and only use about 25% of the energy of a regular bulb.

I have seen and had amazing results using CFL's. You can find them at any store that has a Hardware section, or a lighting section.

Peace

turtle420
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
^^^^^ I second this.

greenmonster
01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
hey dude im sure those little bulbs should be closer than 20cm. 5-6cm more like

KALAMATIANO
01-23-2006, 07:22 PM
are there cfl's special for plants?or can we use the common cfl that we use in bedrooms?

Powder Puff
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Yes you can.. Just make sure you get the highest wattage possible!:)

KALAMATIANO
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
i have a 60watt cfl and 36watt grolux sylvania do u think its ok?

Powder Puff
01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah... It's OK, but you could always get GREAT!!:D

You should maybe go with HID?:)

KALAMATIANO
01-23-2006, 08:23 PM
what does ''HID''means?sorry but my english sucks

Powder Puff
01-23-2006, 08:33 PM
uhm.. can't remember what it means.. But it's MH (Metal Halide) and HPS (High Pressure Sodium).. They are GREAT!!:D

KALAMATIANO
01-23-2006, 08:48 PM
i can find mh or hps in greek market i must order from net and i really dont have money !

Powder Puff
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah... They are expensive.. I'm upgrading soon.. The one I have right now is partly Fugitive's.. He owns half of my grow. . . lol.. But we're friends, so he'll understand that he ain't getting half.. He only has to ask, and he get's an 1/8!:) Whenever he want's..!:)

Sativagrowin
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
HID = High Intensity Discharge

Swizzy89304
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Yaay my seeds germinated! Ill post a grow thred when she sprouts out from the soil.

Lowryder, by the way. And just the one, the other didnt germinate :(