PDA

View Full Version : I need pics of your Pre-Flower plants! PLEASE!

SneakerPimp
01-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey guys,
Ive done some searches and couldnt find exactly what I needed, so Im posting this....
I really need to see what your guys plants look like RIGHT before flowering, I want to compare and see the size on AVERAGE for an indoor, especially closet/cabinet grown plant. Just what the normal regular grown plant, with average light and care should look like. Nothing special if you know what I mean, no Super Lights and systems.
SO please guys, if you have some pics you could share I would REALLY appreciate it! :dance:

Sativagrowin
01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
It's gonna depend on the strain youre trying to grow. Some plants stretch more then others. The plants I have now have tripled in height since I switched the lights. Anyway here's a pic at 7 days after switching the lights. The plants hadn't grown very much in the 7 days so thats about the size they were when I started em.

Laterz

SneakerPimp
01-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Im curious what strain your growing? Very nice indeed... So basically your plants didint have anymore veg growth since switching the lights, but they have gotten taller?

Sativagrowin
01-20-2006, 11:38 PM
No I just meant that there wasn't much growth between the time I started them on 12/12 and the time that pic was taken. (you had asked for pics right before flowering)

There was a LOT of growth after that pic. LOL They were about 12-13" in that pic and they are now two weeks older and the tallest is 33"

The seeds were given to me and the guy swears that they are F1 NL#5. With free seeds you never know tho. They could just be from some bag that he bought. lol

I'm using them to test my grow space before planting some AK-47's

Laterz

orangeman
01-21-2006, 02:27 AM
It depends...In the DVD I watched they flowered the plants while looking like this.

Sativagrowin
01-21-2006, 03:13 AM
LOL that looks like a DVD I shared with Trichome creator. Although it doesn't look like he's too popular right about now. LOL

You can flower any time you want. A bigger plant in veg will produce bigger buds in flower as long as you can light the plant entirely and have the pot size.
Seedlings will show sex if you switch em. SOG is possible because you can flower clones right after roots develope.

Long story short, expect plants to grow two or three times as much after you switch to 12/12. Plan on this to determine when to flower. Keep in mind how much light is available because light intensity deminishes dramatically the further from the source you get. There's no sense in growing a six foot plant if you can only light the top foot and a half of it.

Laterz

SneakerPimp
01-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Is there a way to prevent such growth during flowering?

Nochowderforyou
01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Is there a way to prevent such growth during flowering?

So you don't want your plants to grow or bud?

I'm really not getting this. You want your plants to grow and flourish, why would you want to prevent that? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of growing.

By the time flowering is done, the plant can double or triple in size from the size it was at the end of your veg. stage. So if your plant is 10inches and you switch to 12/12, the finishing height can be approx. 20-40inches in height.

You want that growth during flowering, you want them to stretch. They are just making way for the incoming bud growth, so it's a good thing.

If you want a shorter, more stealth profile of a plant, think about topping, during veg.. That will give the plant more horizontal growth rather that vertical

Peace

SneakerPimp
01-22-2006, 12:46 AM
no, what I was asking is say you have height restriction, not enough room to grow them too tall and especially not enough light.... When they are flowering can you prevent height growth and just make the plant more bushy...?
I hope that explains what I meant

BkSkillz
01-22-2006, 04:00 AM
whats good sweatheart of course you could look up in this forum LST'ing techniques which stands for low stress training all it means is tieing down parts of the plant beging with the first tie in which u bend pretty much bend her over an tie her down.. no pun intended.. an then from there keep tieing as they grow right now my grow room is only about 2 feet tall and my plants are all doing great.. once u begin the technique it gets much easier with time other then that like everyone else pointed out topping is another option which ive also tried and is great for height restictions especially if you top and lst well the possibilities are endless best of luck and hit up my threat in this section as well sometime..OnE

KALAMATIANO
01-22-2006, 12:15 PM
It depends...In the DVD I watched they flowered the plants while looking like this.so can i flower my plants in this size witch i see is not more than 15cm?if this can be done i can make my plants flower in a month with the bud ready to harvest?what are the conditions that must be done to have this result ?ιτ would be great if i could have my plants ready for harvest in one month even if the buds were small!i was thinking it because i must go to a trip in a month and i dont have anyone to care about my plants!what do u think?

Nochowderforyou
01-22-2006, 04:40 PM
If you want a shorter, more stealth profile of a plant, think about topping, during veg.. That will give the plant more horizontal growth rather that vertical

:thumbsup:

Go to the FAQ's at the top of this page:

www.overgrow.com

They have everything from basics to advanced techniques about all aspects of growing.

Peace

JokerDooD
01-23-2006, 12:01 AM
you could tie the top down like this
pic`1 and itll end up like this > pic2 i saved a good 12 inches in height and gained more bud doing this
:rasta:

j913jones
02-05-2006, 09:49 AM
let them get 8 to 12 inch in height.

justaseed
02-05-2006, 06:17 PM
scrog is the way to go. you can control the height exactly! see

btw the pic without buds is just under 2weeks 12/12 and they are just begining to "crown off" it's 1 bagseed and 1 gypsys kiss

there isn't any strain that will flower in 1 month. imo it's a waste of time/energy to cut a plant at 30 days. why grow if you don't have the patience to do it right?