PDA

View Full Version : first time lowryder grower+need lotsa help?

ventre
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi,im currently waiting on 80 lowryder seeds in the mail and from the 80 im estimating 40 will be female.I have somewhere to germinate them and let them grow for about 3 weeks until i have to put them into their permanent home which is a small attic space 3ft hi x 3ft wide x 8ft long.i have to grow under cfl's because of the restriction in space and i was thinking of using 15 warm and 15 cool cfl's going around the edges of the growroom and above the plants aswell.im going to put in a fan to pull in and circulate air and a (hepa air filter and odour neutralizer all in one unit) to extract.can you tell me if this will work as i have no idea and all i have to go on is what i have read off the internet??? :confused:

home grower
02-10-2006, 03:07 PM
hi there you my be better off by hanging the lights directly over the plants .
and if you stager the lights as one cool white one warm light and so on ..
i dont now wot you have red but thay say you can have them in a 12oz cup all the way to the end but iv found that thay need abit more id say 1/2 gallon if not agallon pots..
checkout my lowryder grow out ...

can i just ask who hooked you up with 80 seeds and how much???

justaseed
02-10-2006, 04:14 PM
i have never grown lowryder so i am curious since it is an autoflower strain i am assuming you can't keep a mother for cloning!? do you have to grow from seed every time? if that is the case and space restrictions are an issue(as they are with me) you can grow almost any strain scrog style and control the growth exactly how you want it. i have always been curious about autoflower strains and cloning!!?? can you guys who have grown lowryder shed some light on the subject, please.

Joel
02-10-2006, 05:48 PM
justaseed, I think that it wouldnt be possible to clone your auto flowering lowryder as its already in flower as it sprouts out and begins its 2nd node.

ventre, If your space is 3 feet wide, I do not think taking the lights and hanging them on the edges, You should have some over top of your plants and a couple to the side for lower growth making for a healthier greener plant.

mightymarijuanabuds
02-13-2006, 03:50 AM
yea.. not enough light for 40 plants there... you would need at least 2 or 3 45w CFL's per plant to achieve good results

and a standard hepa filter from the store won't handle the odor, esp not from that many plants... i believe the suggested pot size for LR is 2 gallons, but i have seen successful LR grows in 2 Liter bottles

i would suggest making a smaller grow and growing out less seeds over a longer period of time for best results

ventre
02-13-2006, 12:42 PM
hi guys,
Since i posted last i have revised my setup and i bought 4 200w warm cfl's and one 200w cool cfl,the total output is 60,000 lumens and im gonna grow in ten square ft which is 6000 lumens per sq ft which apparently is recommended.im waiting on the lights at the mo' and their gonna be here sometime this week so ill be a growin pretty soon!i have some pots that are about 12" deep and 6" across do you think these will be good enuf?Im gonna line the whole room with mylar and as the lights have no reflector with them i was thinking of using mylar as a reflector above the lights aswell,do ya think thats ok?or is a real reflector advisable.

justaseed
02-13-2006, 04:22 PM
mylatr works great for cabinet/stealth grows or any other grow for that matter.

i am gonna assume that you chose lowryder because of the small size, ease, etc. if that's the case and space is an issue may i recommend growing scrog style. lowryder may not take to scrog(i don't know, i've never grown it) even if you can't scrog lowryder, you should research scrog for future grows. i started growing scrog style on my second grow and since then i have been steadily increasing my yeild with each harvest. i just love it so much that i am trying to tell as many other new growers as i can. you can control the plants size to exactly what you want. no worries about them getting too big for the space. all of the budsites get equal light so you don't get those airy buds on the lower branches. sorry to ramble on but i just wanted to give you something to think about. best of luck with the lowryder grow!!!! i'd love to see some pics when they're almost done, i've never seen a lowryder plant all budded.

ventre
02-14-2006, 02:40 PM
JUSTASEED

Yea im growing lowryder because of their height and that there done in 8 weeks also this is my 1st grow and i wanted something that was relatively easy and manageable,i'm certainly interested in scrog and if all goes well with this grow i think ill do scrog for my next one.What lights do you use for scrog?can you use cfl's,because of my space restrictions i have to,also do you use clones for scrog or is it from seed?

justaseed
02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
it is better to use clones for scrog because they will all be female. you should ask someone that has some experience growing lowryder if it will take to the screen well or not. i have found 2 excellent scrog strains to be white widow and gypsy's kiss from reeferman(sativa pheno) i have 3 scrog cabinets. 2 have hps but 1 is just 350watts of assorted cfls and i harvest at least a qp from that one every time. as i said i would be very interested in hearing about your grow as it progresses. i have never grown, seen or smoked lowryder!! i've posted this pic before but it is such a good example of my 350cfl scrog. instead of posting the pic again i'll post a link to the thread that its in. my 1st post has some good cfl scrog pics

http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=50767

ventre
02-15-2006, 01:12 AM
wow man thats really impressive,looks like icing on a cake. i'm growing a white widow x big bud in a friends house at the mo, just started tho this is the 2nd day do you think that i could use that to get clones to start a scrog grow after my lowryders?I heard the smoke off the lowryders aint the best so i really would love to grow white widow or sumtin more potent next time,to be honest i still dont really understand cloning or scrog growing at all.you said in your thread that you dont put the screen over the plant you let the plant grow thru it and tie it,why do ya do this?sory about all the q's just a little confused.

justaseed
02-15-2006, 03:17 AM
with scrog, you create a flat canopy so all the budites are an equal distance away from the light which you can get much closer(10inches or less if you have an aircooled light). also no budsites ar shaded by other budsites or fanleaves. this way all your buds are nice and dense you don't get all those airy little buds from the lower branches of the plant like you do with a traditional indoor grow. scrog is so easy! just do the research and when you start doing it everything will start to make sense. good luck and i hope you do get those clones from your friend. i just posted a thread about my current scrog, take a look...
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=52326

home grower
02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
hi there iv just grown out sum lowryder and the smoke is pleasnt and the high isnt the best but it's gd it's a real creeper .