PDA

View Full Version : Questions about being busted...

Hartigan09
01-12-2006, 02:31 AM
A few months back, I smoked weed for the first time and got caught by police. Long story short, I got charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana and paraphanelia(a freakin pepsi can!). It's my first run in with the law and I don't know what's going to happen to me. I checked the Pennsylvania state laws on NORML, but I've heard it's different for first-time offenders. Also, is it worth hiring a real lawyer, or should I just go with the public defender? Thanks for the help.

BabyFacedAbortion
01-12-2006, 03:38 AM
how old are you?

Always get a lawyer.

Psycho4Bud
01-12-2006, 07:04 AM
See what they say at pre-trial first. Just tell the D.A. that it was a first and last time. You know you done wrong..blah, blah, blah and see what they got to offer. If ya don't like it, better hire on an attorney. Public defenders suck!!
GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!! :thumbsup:

Doobie Snax
01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm not american but don't worry about it. Aregue your case about the pepsi can and then apologise over and over again about smoking it in the 1st place, that you 'wont do it again' etc etc, basically kiss ass and you're free. Or move to somewhere uninhabited by humans, like kentucky.

Make it Hempen
01-13-2006, 01:57 AM
caught on your first time smoking weed?? Awww man!!! Represent yourself and don't let the man bend you over and fuck you. That's my only advice.

Love- Kate

Hartigan09
01-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, it looks like I'm headed to court on February 8th. Thank god my parents are fairly progressive (they likened it to having sex for the first time and getting pregnant) and are helping me through this. They're gettin me a pretty decent lawyer, so hopefully I can convince the judge to drop the charges. Anyone who's gotten charged with possession, how much luck did you have getting the charges dropped the first time? Thanks.

BTW, I'm 19.

motorcycletony222
01-23-2006, 04:40 AM
With your folks involved and a lawyer, most judges will not let this go on your record. He will see that your folks are concerned and usally will let them take it from there. You might get some drug classes and maybe have to pay court costs. It should not go on your record but get in trouble again and see how fast this get added. Dont sweat it, but try and act remorseful for the judge, maybe even cry like your a pussy.